Depression

Options
Z_I_L_L_A
Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
Do you ever get depressed and not know why?

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I get depressed but I will have times of sadness just because. I figure it's just my heart getting rid of crap that shouldn't be there.
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Clever girl that I am, sometimes I get depressed and don't seem to know why, and I'll mope about for days even though I can't pin down anything in my life that is going badly enough for me to be so upset. Then I'll remember: I've had chronic depression for fifteen years! It usually takes me three or four days to realize, "no, Amy, you're not just moody, this is an episode." I always feel stupid for not spotting it sooner, but I also always feel better when I realize I'm not just being a jerk for no reason, I'm ill! I know that sounds weird, but hey, crazy girls sound that way sometimes! :)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Usually my workouts keep me from getting this way but today is weird. Maybe because I'm a Gemini and just that way or just need a piece of chocolate,lol.
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i woke up like that today for no reason to than i worked out, but winters in saskatchewan are depressing! cold, snow and no sun, but the sun is out today and makes a huge difference
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I don't get depressed... it has been a long time!

But I do find that living in the Northeast I need more sun just to feel energetic... so I increase my vitamin D intake.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am actually on antidepressants and I still get that way. I just try to talk to friends or work out. I hug my baby boy to the point he runs from me. lol Those days just require pulling through the best I can.
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Do you ever get depressed and not know why?

Yes, I do get that way. I actually suffer from major depression/anxiety (since I was a teen), and I take Paxil for it daily.

Unfortunately with life getting busier and more chaotic lately, the Paxil hasn't been working as effectively as it once did. It keeps me from crying uncontrollably, and keeps the mood swings in check. I'm still sad though, a lot...... more then I want to be as a single mom.

This is why I'm on MFP in part. Weight loss, exercise, and healthier eating, I'm hoping, will help me manage my depression better.
    I'm counting down til my doc app't! I want a referral from her so I can get a gym pass again for the Y. :happy:

Tracy
    13680624.png
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i woke up like that today for no reason to than i worked out, but winters in saskatchewan are depressing! cold, snow and no sun, but the sun is out today and makes a huge difference
    I'm in Ontario, but I feel your pain! I HATE the winter!! It's been grey here for nearly a week, and the early evenings just stink! This time of year is horrible for triggering bouts,...or just wearing me out before the day even starts! (wake up exhausted)

Tracy
    13680624.png
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    they says meditating is a really good way to help depression, just 10min of silence and breathing clears your thoughts!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    I use to be happy go lucky and always in a good mood. The marital problems put me on Celexa and Xanex 1mg. 3 times a day. I remember taking 8 xanex and it still wouldn't stop the chest pain from anxiety. Now that I am back working out I'm off the meds. but every now and then I get a little down and just don't know why. It passes sometime during the day.

PS. I used to call my anti-depressants the stupid pills because it made me not be able to focus on what depressed me but it also made it where day to day things took more time to do and it made me fill stupid.