I'm stuck!

Options
Hey Momma's!
I am stuck and getting really frustrated over it. I am diligently working out like hard cardio (zumba, step, aerobics) 6 times a week 60 minute classes and normally I can't get to my 1200 calories a day but here I am stuck same weight for a week. I am being 100% honest to say I haven't cheated, not a glass of wine, ice cream,french fry. So I am like what is wrong with me???? It makes it hard not to obsess. For a few days I was only hitting the 700-800 calorie mode so then I thought did I put my body into starvation mode? I mean the worst thing for me is to be forced with the decision to eat more to weigh less. So I have spent the past few days getting in about 1000-1100 and still hitting the gym daily. Any words for me? I don't know what else to do beside double up my work out.

Replies

• amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well I am no expert but I would think its because youre not getting your calories in. I also am following a 1,200 calorie/day and I know when I enter my workout in it adds more to my calories. Your doing a great job! Try not to get discouraged. Are you getting some healthy snacks in during your day? I have popcorn, really low in calorie. Stay positive!
  • tobenjoy
    Options
    Thanks, I am trying! Forcing in those healthy snacks! Are you adding the calories it adds from your worksouts? That would just take me over the edge!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Make sure to change up your workout routine occassionally. Maybe try some weight training in place of some of your aerobics classes. Our bodies are smart and they do adapt:)
    Good luck
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing before and I'm teetering on that line again. It really sucks and its counter intuitive. I tend to discipline myself right into shutting down my metabolism (aka starvation mode). The truth is that if you are doing that much cardio, you need to eat at least 1/2 of your calories burned or your body will hang onto everything you eat and convert it to fat stores. Also, over time your body will start to burn muscle instead of fat to fuel your exercise and that makes everything worse. One good tip to keep in mind is to make sure you are replenishing your nutrients and proteins vs just getting calories. Good carbs like beans and oatmeal, and fruits are good before a high intensity workout, but protein is where it is at for recovery and long term success. Proteins and Omega 3 fats are your friends, love them and use them to get a few of those extra calories you need and repair your body from the work you put it through. It's not all about calories out calories in.

Congrats on the awesome exercise though. That is an inspiration. I hit the gym 5-6 times a week, but I'm only burning between 300-600 cals with cardio. I add it to MFP and try to not eat LESS than 300 calories under my goal for the day. So far, it has been successfull, but this week I had 2 days that I was 1000+ shy and it bit me in the butt on the scales. Think "healthy lifestyle" and don't beat yourself up. You can do this and you'll be that much stronger for it.
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I wondered when you do zumba and log it onto your diary do you put it under dance general or aerobic? I just added it under aerobic and oh my it added a crap load of more calories to eat. I think I will need to plan my meals and workouts at least a day in advance.
  • tobenjoy
    Options
    I do enter Zumba under aerbobics and it does add a crap load more to eat and I look at it like, are you serious? LOL! I agree planning a day in advance will help. I am eating, eating, trying..........Can't even believe this would end up being the crux of my problem, eating more food, go figure. Going to stock up on more of the good carbs/proteins.