How are you doing

Options
post your struggles and accomplishments so we can help or congratulate :)

Replies

• erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have been doing my strength training regularly, I just have a hard time running outside in the cold and in the dark. It doesn't matter if I get up early in the AM or go after work, it will be dark either way for now. I really want to run for my cardio, it's the only thing I don't get bored of after 2 weeks... and I don't really have room for a treadmill in the house. I guess I'll just have to figure something else out.
  • Results4achange
    Options
    My scale will not go down...I've been following the recommend calories and doing elliptical training 5x a week (350 burned calories everytime). Maybe I should avoid the wine on Friday evenings...that might help:(
  • Kina7381
    Kina7381 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's been so cold lately and I need motivation to get up early in the morning and workout. That is the only time I can do it. Ugh! HELP!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am staying "on track".

Next week, I have to post measurements and pictures (!) on the forum challenges I joined at JPFitness....so, that has me a little worried. Mostly because (like this) it is a CHALLENGE and I don't think (yet!) I'll have much to show for it.

I'm hoping better results start building in month 2 and 3.

How are you doing??
  • andshrinking
    andshrinking Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My scale will not go down...I've been following the recommend calories and doing elliptical training 5x a week (350 burned calories everytime). Maybe I should avoid the wine on Friday evenings...that might help:(

okay, so first if you are being completely honest with yourself and you have hit a plateau heres whats always worked for my friends and I take off some time from exercise and up your calories, trick your metabolism. eat an extra yogurt or fruit or snack. not a big mac or anything but sometimes rest really helps
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been doing my strength training regularly, I just have a hard time running outside in the cold and in the dark. It doesn't matter if I get up early in the AM or go after work, it will be dark either way for now. I really want to run for my cardio, it's the only thing I don't get bored of after 2 weeks... and I don't really have room for a treadmill in the house. I guess I'll just have to figure something else out.

New workout switch it up. Diet.com
    Or try kettle bells love em.
  • mstankowski
    mstankowski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My accomplishments this week are landing a new job (start next tuesday) and getting to the gym at 6am 3 days this week.
    My set backs are that my scale is still packed as well as my measuring tape. I am also have trouble coming up with quick dinners that don't include pasta. Well at least things are moving in a positive direction, I hope my weight will follow suit!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    So far so good. I am at 206, so close to Onederland and every time I want to eat something I shouldn't, I tell myself how close I am and it makes me rethink if I really need that. I can't tell you how bad I want to get there and I will, dang it!!
  • Jewels1869
    Jewels1869 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, the scale did not move this week for me. I am also very tired. Just found out I have a vitamin D deficiancy. So hopefully with supplements I will start to get my energy back.

I'm going to try and switch up my workout a bit. Some of the newer exercise video's are hard for me to do. I am just not coordinated enough. I have found Gilad's is on in the morning at 5 here. So started recording those to do when the kids are at school. I can seem to follow him pretty well.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This week, in the challenge I'm doing at JP Fitness forums, it's photo time. Weigh-in time. Measurement time. So, I will *know* how I'm doing, sometime this week.

I don't think the weigh-in will show very much....so, I'm counting on the measurements to make me smile!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Well ending January with a 4 lb gain! But, this past weekend I found the motivation I needed to ramp things up and stick with it. A friend posted a pic on FB that had me in the background. I was horrified to see that!!!!!!! Nasty. Anyway -- since seeing that I have logged, met cal goal and exercised an hour or more each day. I plan on ending February with a decent loss.
  • Jewels1869
    Options
    Pictures are a huge motivator for me. I am thinking of putting the pic I posted here on my fridge and mirror in the bathroom. I think it will keep me focused on the reality of how big I am.
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I got lazy this weekend, so I gained a few lbs.
    I'm working out like a mad woman tho. lol
  • Jewels1869
    Options
    Woohoo! I lost 2 more pounds! Changed up my food to a bigger breakfast. That seems to have done the trick! Oh and monthly is gone. I swear that water weight is so depressing.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Weigh-in and measurements done for end of Month 1. I did lose a couple inches and I lost a couple pounds. So, no complaints. (I'm more excited about the lost inches than the lost poundage!)

hawaii in 4 weeks, so I'm hoping the inches start to melt off, soon!
  • Freedom4Brooke
    Options
    Soooo just curious what happened to the weekly weigh in topics..... that & its been days since anyone posted.

hellllloooooo where is everyone LoL
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Soooo just curious what happened to the weekly weigh in topics..... that & its been days since anyone posted.

hellllloooooo where is everyone LoL

I was wondering the same thing.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I am now at 204. Down 6 since last week. I haven't taken measurements yet. I halfway through the first week of Ramp It Up of the Slim in 6 tapes. I plan on doing measurements at the end of that 2 weeks. Hopefully I will have lost something.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It's 2 weeks until hawaii! Which means, I actually have to take measurements and photos in 2 weeks!

I've been working really hard on the nutrition piece, and doing pretty well. No big binges. No terrible cheats. And, I've been very focused with my weight-training.

So, while I may not be EXACTLY where I want to be, when we head to Maui, I can say that I'm doing all the right things and the inches are S-L-O-W-L-Y coming off. Which is fine....spring isn't here, yet, right??!!