Meet me...

Options
tknnwatkins
tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
Hi, I am Kim and today I weigh 263.4 pounds. That is after an 11 pound loss! I am here to find myself, get healty and energetic again. I started this journey when my board of education started the biggest loser. It would be great to win the money, but honestly it would be prize enough to drop a large amount of weight before May. I am currently exercising by walking the treadmill and a track when weather permits. I am also reading Made to Crave~ a book designed to help me fill the spiritual void and look to God for the strength. I look forward to going through this journey with all of you! I am also doing a 10 pounds in February challenge here on MFP...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Replies

• jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kim!! You can do this!!
    I started my journey at 269lbs. I am now down 121lbs and yesterday hit a normal BMI. Never in a million years did I think that was possible. Now I have 13lbs more to lose until my goal of 135lbs and I can do this!! A big part of my success is I log EVERY single thing that goes in my mouth. I keep track of calories, water and protein, every day. This takes a huge commitment. There has been a lot of head stuff to work through along the way, its not just about my body and my weight. I can be a big cheerleader on your journey. Its been so worth it! I have gone from living life on the sidelines to fully participating! I can now skate, toboggan with my kids, play, we walk, run, hike. All of our family activities are now active stuff we can do together. I am out and enjoying life now, but its been a long hard road to get here.
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! All of those things you described are things I want to re-experience with my children!! I am at 263 so you know where I'm coming from. I have been tracking everyday and plan on keeping it up! How long has it taken you? Have a great day!
  • melanie2781
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I started this journey at my highest weight ever - 305. I come from a long line of women who love their food and carry it with them easily. During my last pregnancy I lost 40 pounds and was at 260 after I delivered. That was a year ago and I gained it all back and then some.

I started this year off in a Biggest Loser contest with some of my digital scrapbook friends. We all threw $10 in the pool and broke up in groups of 5. We check in every day, earn points by exercising, drinking water, getting enough sleep and eating within our plan. There's prizes each week (today was our 4th weigh-in) and one biggest loser at the end (I'm in 2nd right now!) and a group biggest loser too. While the cash would be awesome, like you said Kim, what's even better is getting this weight off for good. I'm down 21 pounds this morning and I'm so excited. Now, I'm off to chase my kids and take a walk lol
  • paysmimi
    Options
    Hello I'm Leslie! I started back in October (at my highest weight 245) to really worry about my weight. The doctor last year told me that if I don't lose the weight I will be using a walker or cane by the time I am 45. Well I will be turning 40 this year. I am the mom of 4 plus 2 step sons and I have a grandson who is almost 3. My baby is a junior in high school and has never seen me "thin" healthy. My whole overall goal is to be at my ideal weight by the time he graduates in May 2013. I would love it if I could lose half by my 40th birthday in October.

In October 2011 I started a fitness boot camp class. I go at least 3-5 times a week (haven't lately due to headaches). I also just started working out at our local gym. They have a program going on now like the biggest loser. I am working with a trainer (mainly strength training) twice a week and weigh in Friday mornings. We just finished up week 2. This week was a bad one for me. Ate a lot of processed food and such. Missed 2 days working out and only lost 1.8 pounds this week. My trainer Laura talked to me and told me what I needed to change to see results,

Well since Oct I have lost 27 pounds. I have hit a plateau and it drives me nuts! I know I am losing inches since I have gone down 2 dress sizes, but that number on the scale still bothers me. I still have a way to go...

I hope through this forum we can encourage each other and make a lot of progress! Good luck and God Bless!
  • susallman5
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am Susan Allman and my latest weight is 286. When I saw myself knocking on the door of 300, I decided enough was enough. I have struggled with my weight since adolescence and have felt very discouraged at times. Since starting here on MFP as a New Years resolution, I have lost 7 lbs. I really want to be healthier and I really want to make this work this time! :smile:
  • jkimmett
    Options
    I started getting serious in March of last year. I had no idea I could do this in a year. Its been a hard but amazing journey. I have fought for every pound. I still want to lose another 13lbs, then I will go on maintenance. I love to cook and have learned to change our old recipes and make them better. I still eat amazing food, just different foods. I still snack, they are just healthier. I make my own granola bars, treats, squares, and they are great, and healthy. The kids love them too. I don't make different meals so everyone is eating healthier. I have even made my own cheese. My one big downfall is my exercise routine. I was doing really well in the summer and fall but have gone into hibernation for the winter, so I really need to get that back on track. Sometimes its so hard to find the time. I admire you guys who have really made that a priority.
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    You are an inspiration!! You really lost it quickly too!! It also sounds like you have made lifestyle changes with your food. I look at some diaries that have diet shakes and other junk that you will never stick to, so I have made it a priority to eat real food, including 2 snacks. I have found a couple of recipes already that I need to alter with low fat mayo, low fat cheese etc. so I can enjoy them later when my calories are reduced. I really feel confident this is going to happen this year. I am planning everynight before bed so I already have a plan in place when I wake up. I am choosing filling foods and things I know I will like. I look forward to being where you are this time next year!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Welcome to the board Susan!! I look forward to going through this journey with you! I have set a 10 pound challenge for myself for the month of February (which actually started the last week of January.) I am going to reward myself with a one hour massage with my favorite therapist if I make my goal. I have also taken a photo of myself on the first day and 2 weeks in. I am going to make a point to take a photo every month so I can see the progress and not allow myself to go back!! I am hoping the small goals and the photos plus all of your support will help me through this process! I look forward to being a loser with you!:flowerforyou:
  • jkimmett
    Options
    Taking photos of yourself every month is a great idea, that is one thing I didn't do, but wish I had of. Also, take measurements. When you hit a plateau and get frustrated, that's usually the time you lose inches. Its like its your body catching up to the scale. I always plan out all my meals. I spend all day Sunday cooking and I freeze stuff in individual serving sizes for my lunch. I just grab and go. I do sometimes make shakes for breakfast, but I make them out of 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt, 1/2 cup milk and 3/4 cup frozen fruit, my favourite right now is Dole tropical fruit blend. Blend it up, its a great breakfast! If you put a little less milk in, its more like ice cream and is a great dessert. Portion control is a big one for me. I used to only eat 3 times a day but was so hungry I would eat everything in sight. Now, I eat 5 times a day but only eat little bits, just enough to get me through. I still battle sometimes though with finishing what's on my plate when I know darn well I am full. Its a constant struggle, I have to wake up every day thinking about my meals and plan for the day. I hope one day it just comes naturally and I no longer have to focus so much on food and keep track of every little thing, but for now that's just not possible. Its way too easy to lose myself. I gained 5lbs over Christmas and I realized how easy that was, it really scared me. These are habits I spent 33 years perfecting, they won't be gone in a year. One day at a time.