Good Morning Group & Happy New Year

Options
SouLThinking
SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
Just found this group. I'm a full time working mom . I'm almost to my goal weight after a very long journey. I find this is the hardest part for me. Trying to figure out how to maintain soon. The holidays haven't went to smoothly. Better this year than other years but still pretty rough as food choices went. My days are a frantic rush fest. I'm struggling with exercise due to being drained after work. I am looking into buying an elliptical soon so that I can do at least 30 minutes in the morning since that is the time of day I am by myself and find my self in front of the tv. My husband and 2 boys ( I have 3..the oldest is grown and married) eat pretty much anything and I actually have been able to buy things I can eat and regular food too for them. Except for the holidays I have done pretty well. So anyway how is everyone doing ?
I was hoping we could maybe start a daily or weekly thread posting our menu's. Things we are eating while at work and things we are cooking for the family at night during the week & ideas for those weekends that can derail us. I was thinking of starting the thread with subject Week of (7 day span) Meals
Well, hope we can get more discussions going. God bless
Nichole

Replies

• sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello Nichole, and happy new year. I just joined the group today myself. I'm a full time working single mom of a teen daughter (heaven help me) lol. I just started this journey, hopefully for the last time. For 14 years I've put everybody before myself... now its time to put myself first!

I'm a fan of www.allreceipes.com. Found a few very low calorie and nearly fat free soups in there that I take to work. Made a pot of Spinach, Leek and White Bean Soup (via the site). Makes lunch for 4 days for me. I'm a fan of Tilapia. 3 tilapia fillets, 1 Juiced lemon, table spoon of EVOO, 2 table spoons of white wine, 1/2 clove of chopped garlic and spices to desire (love Adobo lemon pepper). Bake 15 min on 400 and you've got yourself a meal done in under 30 minutes. Yup its simple, but after a long hard day simplicity is where its at.

Sheila
  • befawee
    Options
    Hello! My name is Bethany and I just joined MFP and this group today. I am a teacher, mother of two (3 years; 8 months), and am working on my master's. I am bound and determined to lose this baby weight and feel better about myself again, but being a mom, wife, teacher, and student means very little personal time. I love to cook (and eat), and also love allrecipes.com, but I just find it so much easier to swing by a drive-thru, or throw something in the microwave. So, I am just looking for some supportive friends going through the same thing. Although I don't have much free time, I look forward to meeting all of you!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey there Shelia and Bethany. So glad to hear from you. Well tonight we had shake and bake bbq chicken leg quarters. I had some green beans with it. The kids and hubby had some rice. I still watch my carbs as much as possible. After this holiday weekend I especially need to get rid of some cravinI gs. I did good today. Under my calorie goal right now by about 200 but not hungry at all. I may save the calories and just listen to my body saying it's satisfied. Shelia that fish sounds awesome. I love tilapia. I am going to have to check out allrecipes.com too especially those soups. It's getting colder and soup really hits the spot. My family won't touch it. I hate that they are so picky. But that's ok I'm used to basically adapting our dinners to suit me and them. So glad we all connected and I can't wait to hear more from you.
    have a great evening.

Nichole
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cooking for the family along with all work responsibilites makes me cuckoo. Seriously...I have 2 vegetarians. One who is super picky and a son and a husband who really mainly likes standard American diet type food. I am often frustrated and don't have time to cook. I also use all recipies.com. I have found some great recipies there! It think it is very hard and that in our crazy busy lives one of the few (quick) ways to nuture ourselves is through eating. (which can be positive or really quite negative depending on the choices we make.