Check-In!

Options
AJones1021
AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
Hey Girls!!!

I have been so freaking sick this week!! I was off of work Monday/Tuesday because of a cold. I crawled in to work on Wednesday. Wednesday night my ear started THROBBING, so I went to an urgent care center and had an ear infection. I ended up off work Thursday and Friday - bahhhhh!!! I am starting to feel better today though!

How is everyone doing??? I weighed in this morning and was down a litle over 2, which is nice because I didn't drop at ALL last week!).

I'm ready to get back to Zumba, I feel like a bump on a log after this week!

Replies

• luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel all better this week!
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow hope you feel better!

I should have taken my measurements because people keep telling me I lost a lot of weight. I am still down about 3 lbs but I know for me inches show first. I do want it to show on the scale too though. Must be a mental thing but I know it would help me to know all this hard work is paying off. I do like that I am fitting into a lot of my smaller clothes.
  • Rachsandiego
    Options
    I'm the same way, I've lost about 5 lbs total since starting back up Jan. 1st. It can be frustrating to only see .5 or 0 lbs lost, but I really want this to be a lifestyle change for me and to be consistent with it, so slow and steady wins the race! We need to get our other mommas back on here, I'm gonna do a shout out on the coupon board I'd anyone wants to follow my lead.
  • kutekendy
    Options
    Hey there....just saying HI....I'm Kendra/Kennedy2007....and I'm happy to have lost about 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks. just wanted to say hello! :-) and I'm posting a picture of how I want to look again! 15 more pounds to go!!!!
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm still plugging away! I am down another pound but will officially weigh in tomorrow! I'm really liking the changes this has forced me to make! I am however now having trouble eating enough calories. I don't feel that hungry. I have a cold this week and perhaps that is adding to it, but I'm way too far under a lot of days. Not good for the metabolism!

I'm going to up my breakfast intake this week and see how that works.

Glad you are all keeping up the good work!
  • kimnmiah
    Options
    I'm still on every day. Down 9 lbs but that was several days ago when I weighed last. Really hoping to hit that 10 lb mark tomorrow when I weigh. I was sick this week too and it messed me up. Actually went over my calories since I was drinking oj and ginger ale. Doing the elliptical 6 days a week. Really need to start some weights I think. Family is on board and enjoying my healthy dinners. Dh is actually down 25 lb from giving up soda and late night sweets. Keep up the good work. We need to keep up the whats for dinner thread. I like seeing everyone's meal plans.
  • flyeagle
    Options
    I was stalled out for almost two weeks, but I am starting to lose again now. I was getting so frustrated, so I bought a fitbit and found I was not eating near enough calories. I cut back to 1200 calories thinking I spent between 1600 and 1800 a day (I am a stay at home homeschooling mom to 3). The fitbit says I am burning between 2200 and 2500 calories each day. 1200 was not near enough to keep me burning (evidently). I am now eating between 1600 and 1800 and now the scale is moving again (yay!). I figure if I seemingly plateau again I will go back down to 1200 for a week or so. Maybe if I bounce around a bit I can keep the scale moving. (I hope so anyway.) Good luck to you ladies! (I second the motion for the return of the meal plans thread.)
  • mjac828
    Options
    Great job girls!

I lost 5 lbs since I started on January 3rd for the first time! I feel awesome! I was stuck at 139 for a couple months and realizing actually how much food I was eating was a big wake up call! So I finally lost the 5 lbs and I intend to keep going! I haven't gone over on calories not once! I FEEL better eating better so that has been nice!
  • hockeygirl0407
    Options
    I'm a slacker slacker slacker. (Could this be why I never lose weight?)
    I promise to try and get back on track this week.
    I am adding exercise, which is a great thing. A gf and I have a 9:30 p.m. *yawn* gym date 3x a week, and I usually have hockey at least once. I know it's a crazy gym time...but it's the only one we can have without excuses. If we did it while the little ones were in preschool, it would never work...(things come up - eye doc appt, ear doc appt, volunteering at big ones school, etc.)

So...this works for us. I'm trying to do couch to 5k. Whose with me? I did week one, and will probably do another day or two of week one before I move ahead.

JulieP
  • mom2jrn
    mom2jrn Posts: 40
    Options
    Things are going good over here. My husband has lost 12.6 pounds and I weighed in this morning and have lost 9.8, so yay! I started January 1st, he started the 3rd I think. This board has been dead so I've been looking around the other boards and I found a group starting the 30 day shred on February 1st and I decided to do it. Anyone here want to join me? We post our starting weight (if you want) and measurements and see how much of a difference is made in a month. Most of the results have been small weight lost but a good amount of inches.
  • donniesgirrl
    Options
    Hi guys! I just joined the group - I had no idea everyone was on here. Probably bc I missed a few weeks of the board - LO has been sick so much. Everyone keeps telling me he'll have the best immune system by the time he hits kindergarten but omg this is killing me. I HATE to see him sick all the time. It also makes it very challenging to lose weight bc I'm not really focused on working out when I'm taking care of him.

Anyway, enough bad stuff. Glad to be on here. The more fitness buddies the better - I need all the motivation I can get. I have a lot of weight I want to lose. But I am making good progress - I was able to wear a skirt to work this last week that I haven't worn since before I got PG. So yay me!
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm still going as well. I've lost a little over 10 lbs in the past month and I'm feeling great. I don't see it too much looking in the mirror, but my clothes are getting looser and dh said my butt looked smaller when I asked him how my new gym pants looked :) I'll take it!! WOO! LOL I'm still doing the elliptical 5x a week and I think I'll add Couch 2 5K after I lose another 5 lbs or so. I go to the gym late at night and have a few other friends that will sometimes meet me there. It's awesome to have this support system, as well as friends IRL that are doing it right along with me. Keep it up ladies!!!!!
  • KDinAL
    KDinAL Posts: 2
    Options
    I am getting back on the wagon after derailing for the past 2 days. I starte stalling and then AF came so my motivation tanked. LOL. Hitting the gym in just a bit!
  • kimnmiah
    Options
    Grrrr. I have completely plateaued. I hit he 10 lb mark a week ago and haven't lost a lb since. I am worried my calories were too low so I'm trying to eat a little more. I was under 1200 several days last week. I am only hoping to lose 25 total so I am over 1/3 the way. Let's see if the 30 day shred will kick me into gear.