Introduction

Options
CiciPorcayo
CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
So I made this group because I am sure there are a lot of mommas who wanna lose that baby fat. Maybe you are a new mom or maybe you had your kids years ago and just didn't lose the weight. But now.... YOU WANT TO AND YOU WILL :) keep that in mind every time you reach for that Over processed microwaved food or cupcake. Let me tell you, you need to indulge once in a while because if you don't you will binge and you will get off track believe me I have done it before. So Moms, Mommas, Ladies, Women, Young or Older... :) Lets lose this weight and support each other. SINGLE MOMS, MARRIED MOMS, IN RELATIONSHIP MOMS, ALL MOMS! :)

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    whoho!! =)
    Lov your PF pic too, so cute!
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely mamas!

I am online for most of the day, I'm a stay at home mom with a laptop :)

Before babies I was 115 to 120, had my first in 2009 and lost everything but 10lbs before I got pregnant with #2 in 2010 (6 months after my little girls was born), now I am 132 and want to get back to 120. I work out almost everyday and I eat actually pretty healthy. It's that darn glass of wine at night that gets me...
    Anyways just wanted to say hi and I hope we can all help each other to be who we want to be!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    feel ya on the wine nroisland... whats your first name??
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's Natasha :)
  • perfectdivision
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Debbie. I'm the mom of one 9-month old girl, Esther. I was 135 before I was pregnant,...now I'm 170. I would love to be 135 again. I just don't know what to do. I eat healthy most days, I only exercise once a week, maybe.. unless you count playing with Esther every evening... But I'm just not losing the weight and I don't have time to workout between being a new mom and working full-time.
  • AnewNisha
    AnewNisha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey mom's... I too am a new mom that is in need of some weight loss!!!

15136227.png
  • myminnieme
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am a mom of a 4month old and a 2 year old. My goal is to get down to about 145 so to lose 40lbs hopefully! Glad to find a group of ladies working towards the same thing. Great for support :-)

Vicki
  • MJGiesler
    Options
    Fri 01/27/12 09:02 AM

Hi! My name is Maggie - 28 yo and a mommy of two UNDER the age of TWO. Needless to say, life is busy!
    My son, Benjmamin will be 23 months on Feb. 1 and my daughter Claire just turned 10 months on Jan. 21.

Having our babies back to back was a bit of an 'OMG! OOOPS!', but it was the best thing that ever happened to us. We have two healthy, beautiful growing kids (and a boy and a girl!), that are the light of my life.

But, with having kids so close together comes some downfalls:
    1) I was not able to lose all of my baby weight from my son before I got pregnant with my daughter.
    2) Life is SOOO busy and hectic, I pull the "I have no time to work out or eat healthy" card all the time.
    3) Life is pretty stressfull at times :-/

I have definitely lost most of my baby weight from both kids now, BUT my belly is just as flabby as can be and I have been really struggling with staying on track with a healthy diet. I will do great for a few days, then lose control, and then I feel guilty so I think I have to starve myself to get back on track, and that only leads to another binge. UGH. I am so sick of this cycle. I am looking for a group of mommies to help me stay on track and also a group that knows how frustrating and hard it is to get that pre-mommy belly back.

Thanks for listening!
    Maggie
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I admire everyone for trying to get back into shape after kids. It definitely isn't easy. I have a 9 month old son and I am currently trying to get in better shape. I lost all my baby weight in the first 2 months, but I gained a lot of it back over the holidays and such. But after a month of trying to do better, I'm almost back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. But I'm not stopping there. I would love to lose another 25-35 pounds on top of that.

After only a few weeks, I am already noticing a difference. My clothes are fitting better, I have WAY more energy for my son and household chores. I'm excited to keep going and feel even better! Best of luck to everyone.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm new to this and would love some more friends and support!
  • vbg_shorty
    vbg_shorty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Moms!
    My name is Ona and I am a new mom. I have been trying to "watch what I eat", but I have not lost any of the baby weight I had gained. (my daughter was born in July) Every one has told me "it took you 9 months to gain the weight; give yourself 9 months to lose it." Well my daughter is over 6 months old now, so I thought I had better get serious about this weight loss stuff. I am hoping that tracking what I eat and my work outs will help. I am also looking for other people in the same boat, so I may be be-friending some of you, and by all means feel free to add me as your friend as well!
    (oh! by the way, my goal is to lose 20lb)
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Shannon and I am the mommy of a 24m old son and 6m B/G twins. I weighed 24lbs less than I do now when I got married almost 4 years ago. I put on 15lbs trying to get pregnant the first time - it took about a year. And then after I had my son I lost my pregnancy weight quickly, and then put on another 10 lbs. I got pregnant when my oldest was 9 months. Again, I lost my pregnancy weight quickly, but gained 5 lbs back after I stopped bfing and returned to work. I worked out regularly until the 2nd trimester of my first pregnancy. I had complications and was not allowed to exercise. Until I joined MFP on Jan. 2, I had not exercised since then - 2.5 years ago. I have lost 5 lbs and I am thrilled. I want to lose at least 15lbs more, but it feels good to lose any weight. It's just a challenge fitting the exercise into my schedule and sticking to a healthier, low calorie, more protein diet.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a 30 year old mother of three. 2 girls ages 4 and 2, and a son who was born in Dec. I did okay after my first....gained a ton of weight after my second. That's when I joined mfp. I trained for and ran a half marathon a year ago. then I got preggers with number three and the pregnancy was rough. I worked out 4-6 times a week, but still managed to gain 40 pounds. so now I'm back trying to get the weight off. I want to lose about 60 pounds ideally. I was just cleared for exercise last week (I had a c section I had to recover from). I can still only do exercises that do not work my abs too hard, but in 4 weeks, I can start lifting weights again. I started running again last week and I'm registered for a half marathon in June.
  • Jamie_Marie
    Jamie_Marie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Jamie and I gave birth to our first child, Claire on May 28, 2011. My husband is a United States Marine and was in Afghanistan for the later half of my pregnancy, birth and 2 months of her life. But when he came home, it was all worth it. But needless to say, I had to neglect myself to be both Mommy and Daddy for awhile. :) With my husbands busy crazy schedule and the lack of "babysitters" in the area, I have to wait until the hubby gets home from work (usually 6pm) to hit up the gym. But I still do it, even though I am exhausted from a busy day with an 8 month old spunky little girl :):) I started using MFP again January 15 and so far I have lost 10 pounds. But now, the pounds seem to be coming off slower and slower everyday. My goal is 40 pounds! Lets pray I can do it!! I have no friends on here so anyone, please friend me :)
  • hlrussell
    hlrussell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

I'm Haley. My little boy will be 21 months tomorrow.

My mom got me onto MFP after she'd been on it for about a month. I'd finally managed to lose most of my baby weight on my own (after more than 18 months), but I needed something to help get rid of those last few pounds. I've been pleased with how the tools here have helped so far, and now I'm hoping to get back to my previous lowest adult weight (maybe a touch less, even). Looking forward to supporting you all in your journeys!
  • chicklets0524
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am a recently single mom (again) of 3 children - 15, 3 and 2. Until into my mid-20's I was slim - VERY slim. Never over 125lbs. (except at full term with my 1st baby, 147lbs, down to 121 in 3 weeks). Since then my weight has steadily climbed where I was stuck at almost 180lbs (5'7").
    After my partner and I separated last year (2011), I had some emotional stress and dropped 20lbs from not eating - or very little. Since then i have begun to TRY and eat better, and began exercising as well. (Zumba twice a week with my sister, and try to go to a local school gym another 2). However I do work full time, and have the responsibilities of my children, so sometimes it just isn't possible to exercise as much as I would like.
    I DO feel better about myself - all of the clothing I purchased is now falling off of me - and I am back into alot of my old clothing. The "baby belly" is SLOWLY shrinking - and this is my greatest concern. I would like to know if anyone has any tips and dropping the fat and toning the tummy/hips/butt. I am no longer a spring chicken, lol, but I know that with hard work, and the proper regime, I can lose the weight!
    If I can get to around a toned 140lbs, I think I would be happy. I am in the mid 150's, which I haven't been at in years!!
    I look forward to meeting other Mommy's going through this journey to a healthier "me"!!
  • afitz13
    afitz13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Alli and I just had my first kiddo in Dec.2011.I was already about 10lbs overweight before I got pregnant, and now I'd like to lose at least 30lbs. Since giving birth my weight has really fluctuated, but my pre-pregnancy clothes are nowhere near to fitting so that's not a good sign! I am a full time student but am also breastfeeding (my husband gives my son formula when I'm in class). I thought breastfeeding would help me lose weight faster,but not so much...
  • 2sly4ya
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jen. I'm a mommy to 2 kiddos. One is 7 and the other is 14 months. When I had my first I was at 128, before that I was about 125. My weight fluctuated back and forth but stayed around the 130 mark. Then I got pregnant with my son and I was around the 140 mark. When he was about 10 months I was diagnosed with Graves Disease due to my last pregnancy, and the medication they put me on made me gain weight and I got up to 153. :( I started MFP January 2011 (2 months after my highest weight) and now I'm at 137, hoping to make it back down to 125, and eventually back to 120 which is where I was when I first got married 10 years ago.
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    Hey ladies! My name is Kelly and my son is 2.5 years old and I still have about 25 lbs to lose. It is so hard between being a mom, squeezing in work, and full time school to find time to take care of myself! But I refuse to have another "fat summer". MFP has definitely helped me stay on the right track but I still have slip ups. I feel like the food/exercise diary helps so much that when I do slip up, it's not the end of the world like any other time I tried to lose weight.

Let's meet these goals! :-)
  • hlrussell
    hlrussell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought breastfeeding would help me lose weight faster,but not so much...

That's what everyone told me, too. And, like you, I discovered that didn't work for me, even when eating healthily.

Everyone's body is different, so it's hard to say what your case is going to turn out like. I pretty much had to wait until my kiddo turned 1 year old so that I could then safely cut my calories to 1500 or less. You may not decide to breastfeed that long, so maybe you'll be able to cut calories sooner. For me, I decided that the health benefits for my little boy took precedence.

After we hit that 1-year mark, the weight finally began to roll off. I'm now under my pre-pregnancy weight!

Don't get discouraged. Just keep being the best momma you can be! Eventually you will get to a point where you can focus on yourself again.
  • pinok88
    pinok88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated to do something about the baby bulge now.. it's time to get my sexy back! :love:

I'm Patty - New mom of a 6month old boy. I work full time and trying to be SUPER MOM lol - but now it's also time to put myself as a priority & get my fitness on. I would like to lose all the baby weight and get back to my pre-preg cloths plus dropping that last 10lbs that never came off wouldn't hurt either :laugh: