7 months post-partum and looking for friends

Options
eena56
eena56 Posts: 1,456 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm eena56 (my weight goal in kg!) and I'm looking for friends on the same path as me! I had a baby 7 months ago and still have 8kg to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I think that's about 20lb.

I am setting myself a 4-week calorie counting challenge as I've never managed to keep motivated for very long.

Anyone in a similar boat want to befriend me?

Replies

• jprid88
    jprid88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im just a month and a half out and im trying to loose 20lbs to! what are you doing for exercise?
  • NicNab
    NicNab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eena -
    I am ready to be inspired by all! My little man's name is Lucca and he was born on 6/23/2011. So just over 7 months....

Luckily the weather in Charlotte, NC is getting warmer each day so hopefully I will be able to start taking my little man for walks soon. (We took him out in the jogging stroller yesterday and I have to admit he wasn't use to it!)

My goal is to be confident in a swimsuit this summer, so I am working hard to get there and stay there!

I sent a friend invite, looking forward to hearing from you!
  • Pixie0704
    Options
    My son was born 6/22/11 and am looking to get back in shape!! I have about 15 to lose....and I need motivation too! It's so hard to shed this weight! I eat ok but I slack on the exercise...I'm up to jogging about 20 min 3 days a week and bike 2 days a week....but not hard...I try to lift as well....but I never stay on track long so I need this to keep me accountable.

I live in Minnesota so it;s rare that I get outside....today it was -21 degrees with the windchill....oofta!
  • eena56
    Options
    Hi ladies, and thanks so much for your replies! I already feel less alone!

My hubby bought me an elliptical /cross trainer in the January sales so I have been working out on that for about 3 weeks, 5 times a week for 30 to 50 minutes but I was eating normally too and wasn't losing any weight at all. So I'm now counting calories (started two days ago) hoping it will make a difference.

I have started working out in the evening about one hour after eating, when baby Tessa is in bed and hubby chilling out after work and I'm starting to quite enjoy that time for myself. I usually watch a movie or something while working out it goes much faster.

I used to work out at the gym but it's just not possible to get there often enough with the little one so I've sold my membership to a friend.

Do you ladies work at all? I work three afternoons a week.

Good luck eating right today!
  • pinkstarr
    Options
    Hi ladies. I too have a 7 month (6.28.11) and I'm trying to lose this baby weight. I gained a significant amount of weight (to my surprise) and I'm struggling to lose the last 20 lbs. I almost gained 50 lbs!! Crazy! Lots of it was water weight due to pre-eclampsia and I lost the first 20 lbs pretty quickly but I have been hanging on to the last pounds like my life depends on it. I think it has something to do with me breast feeding. I've noticed once I start working out pretty hard and watching my diet my milk supply begins to act weird. I feel like a prisoner in my own body. And to think everyone said breast feeding makes you "skinny" :). So feel free to add me. Looking forward to supporting one another!!
  • mummyb23
    Options
    I have no excuse - my son is 9 months and I had actually put on weight between 7-8 months. Luckily since the start of 2012 I have lost 6 lbs but I need to lose another stone at least! It is coming off so slowly it is sooooo annoying! Plus I have a fascination wqith weighing myself everyday which defo doesn't help!
    I need to find some patience from somewhere xx
  • Pixie0704
    Options
    I am too a working mom. I am actually a Physical Education and Health Teacher (which is more a reason for me to be in shape...) and work full time. I do find it hard to get my workout in because after a long day a work...with middle schoolers I might add.....I am wiped when I get home. I usually spend the first part of the evening with my baby and when he goes to bed I try to go workout....but boy it's tough sometimes....and my son goes to bed so early! He is in bed by 6:30 most nights!! He likes his sleep!
  • eena56
    Options
    Hi Pinkstarr, nice to meet you. I had exactly the same experience, put on about 44lb during pregnancy and lost the first 20lb in the first month and nothing since! I stopped breastfeeding at 5 months but didn't notice a difference in weight. It definately didnt't help me burn calories though like many people say! I'm on day 4 of my 28 day challenge and already losing weight, so maybe I was just eating too much for the past year!

Nice to meet all you ladies also of June 2011! How are your babies doing? Tessa is doing well, she loves to babble and constantly says bababbabababab, that's all she knows so far!

Keep up the good work!
  • NicNab
    NicNab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am working part time - 8am to 12 noon during the week. It is the best of both worlds for me.
    During Lucca's afternoon nap, I jump on the treadmill - as well as being a great cadio workout, it is a great stress reliver for me!
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Eena!

I am 8 months post partum and although I've shed the 35lbs I gained while pregnant... I still have 12 more lbs to shed from my 2nd pregnancy that I never lost before getting pregnant with #3.

I'd love to be friends!! Motivation is the key to weight loss success and I have found that to be soooooooo great here on MFP!!

I'm Krystal, so feel free to add me!!

Take care & Best wishes!!
  • MillenniumDiva
    Options
    I am 11 months Post Partum, to a baby girl named Jalayna and going back to work in 1 month!!!, I had a c-section and a difficult recovery and want to feel good an strong going back to work. I really need some additional support too so add me as a friend!
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm almost 3 months post (11.16.11)
    I want to loose 10 lbs but more importantly want to get my baby bump back down to 33" it was almost 38 when I stated mfp on Jan 16th
  • futureenp
    futureenp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 6 weeks post-preggo with 20 lbs to lose as well. I hope you ladies can help me. I'm a runner (or was) and am trying to get back into that. However, and you ladies may have the same problem I have, I don't even fit into my workout clothes. I have 1 sports bra that BARELY fits, a pair of capris, but no actual workout shirts that fit. Oh the joys of being 20 lbs overweight.
  • KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am just over 8 months post partum and would like to lose 11lbs at least to get back to my pre-preg weight and ideally another 10lbs on top if possible.

I just got back into running about 2 months ago and can just about manage a short 3km run and a long 8.5km run weekly + 30 mins weights session. Am currently aiming to run a HM by September but the broken sleep isn't giving me any motivation to get up early in the morning ATM.

I am watching what I eat (well more than before) but realy struggling to get below my BMR of 1390 cals/day (on the days when I don't exercise), on the days I do exercise I try to eat so that I have some sort of a net calories deficit so I feel better by the end of that week.

Have noticed that consistent with my first PG, I really struggled to lose the weight until I stopped the BF (I currently do 2 a day but planning to drop down to 1 this week, then drop the last one in about 2 weeks time). Anybody else who notices the same thing? Just hate hearing celebs and other friends who say that breastfeeding is the best way to lose weight... NOT!

The amount of support here is just phenomenal!
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! My name is Kristen and I am about 3 1/2 months p.p. with our first child. Bobby was born on 11/3/11 and I have been working on shedding off the pounds. I put on about 25 lbs while pregnant with him, and I've lost about 15 of that since I've had him, 8 of that from starting on MFP. But I wasn't at my best physical shape before we got pregnant, so I want to drop a couple more dress sizes on top of the 10 lbs I have left to lose from the baby weight. I was a size 12 right before I got pregnant, but would like to be back to a size 8. The number on the scale isn't my main focus as much as how my clothes are fitting is. I know that muscle weighs more than fat so hopefully I will not get very discouraged while looking at the scale! I'm always looking for more friends on MFP, I've found the more motivating people you have around you, the better you seem to do! So if anyone wants to be friends, please don't hesitate to add me, we can do this together!!
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My son Sagan was born 8/25/11. I gained 70 lbs. while pregnant (I'm 5'10", so that's only *almost* as horrible as it sounds). I've lost 55 lbs since then and am now 15 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and 35 lbs from my goal weight. I've just started to get back into exercising; labor and delivery did not got well, and it took me quite a while to be able to do anything besides slow walking. Now that I'm finally feeling healed, I can't wait to get out into the hills of TN this spring and hike with my hubby and son. He loves being in the Ergo carrier, and that extra weight certainly adds to calories burned!