I'm new and from MI

Options
Heather417
Heather417 Posts: 31 Member
Hi ladies,
I'm new to MFP. I joined about 3 weeks ago and have managed to lose 13 lbs so far, which is amazing!
I live in SE MI, in Oakland county. I'm a full time teacher, a wife, and a mom to a 3 year old boy and a 7 month old girl. I am busy all the time but really want to change things. I started using MFP on my phone and got hooked. I've tried in the past to lose weight and I usually do but it's never been more than 20lbs max. I need alot more this time. I've started and stopped so many times before that I feel that this is it. If I fail this time, I will never be thin. it's now or never!
I'm looking to be motivated by all of your and your successes!

Replies

• Nicki1984
    Nicki1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I am from Michigan as well. I live in Wyoming just outside of Grand Rapids. I have been stuggling to lose weight off and on for the past few years. I would do it then it come back and i would give up so many times because it was such a struggle. This is the time and I am doing it. I started on my journey November 1st 2011 and so far I have lost just over 38lbs. I am not giving up now and I will not til I reach my goal :)
  • Heather417
    Heather417 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WoW Nicki! 38lbs Good for you!! I like your enthusiasm and determination. I love coming on here and getting the motivation I need to keep me going.
    Keep up the good work!
  • laurasue0824
    Options
    Hello My name is Laura I'm Currently Living In the Grand Rapids Area Of Michigan!
    I'm a mother of 2 little girls and looking to loose some much needed weight from having both the kids and thanks to the dumb doctor i had the weight off the medications I was on! Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for work out buddy's and encuragement! I'm excited to start living much better then I was. Also looking on how other moms cook for themselves i'm on a budget so if anyone has some healthy budget meals please share! maybe we can do a swap! looking forward too meeting all of you! good to know i'm not the only one who needs to work hard!:happy:
  • tiakarr
    Options
    Hi ladies! It's nice to hear some success stories from women who live near me! I live in Kentwood, MI with my boyfriend and 2 1/2 year old daughter. We bought a house here in July and quickly made it into a home. Boyfriend and I both worked in the airline industry until my base closed, forcing me to quit. I went to CNA school in Walker and am now preparing to start as a Nurse Assistant. Since about 2005 I have increasingly gained weight, and now weigh close to 200 lbs. I was over 200 when I was pregnant with my daughter, after she was born I stayed at about 180, and began to creep up. It is so easy to let it happen, and so hard to work it all off!

I just started with My Fitness Pal 2 days ago, and it has been just amazing for me! It really keeps me motivated and keeps things fun.

For fun, my daughter and I visit the library most days of the week. We also ride our horses and take the dogs for walks. We love swimming in the summer. I am a member of Snap, but I dislike going to the gym. I always feel intimidated, embarrassed and weak. What's with all those big, huge guys pumping iron?! Anyways, I am working on my gym confidence.

Please feel free to visit my profile and read my blogs! The more friends, the merrier!

-Tia
  • nightshade21
    nightshade21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    AH Tia, did you go to Walker Medical? I did too. lol when did you go? I just got a job as a CNA and start my orientation next week.

I agree that the successes on this thread are inspiring! Great job ladies!

Feel free to add me too! I live in Coopersville, just west of Grand Rapids by about 15 minutes.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I everyone. I am also in Grand Rapids and new to mfp (about a month). I am very interested in connecting with local people and helping each other stay on track. I am 36 and have 2 kids (6 and 2). I live on the NE side of GR and I really enjoy cooking. Add me if you like! I like to keep my diary open and look at others diaries for inspiration on healthy choices.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I live in the Belleville area and am new to the site. I am 25 years old and a mother of a 10 month old boy. I am trying to find people that I can look to, to help me stay motivated on trying to lose weight, because my hubby just isn't that supportive and always wants to eat out when we have the money. I would love to be able to run around and play with my son as he gets older. I am bigger now then when I had my son due to going to college at night and coming home and eating a big dinner and then going to bed. Please feel free to add me =)
  • teschy123
    teschy123 Posts: 89
    Options
    hello, I am also from MI!! I am a SAHM too a 8 yr old girl and a 4 year old boy!! For this first time I have decided to make myself a priority!!! Only took 8 years. I am finally on the right road!! I have lost 27 pounds and 14.5 inches all over!!! Please feel free to add me!!!
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'm from Monroe. Born and raised in the canton/ypsi/belleville area. I'm a 30 year old SAHM to a 10 yr old girl, 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl. I think I'm one of the lucky ones out there that actually has a very supportive husband. The two of us are on this journey together. Well, actually... our whole family is. We're teaching our children healthy habits now so they don't end up having to have this weight loss battle later in life. I started this journey almost 4 weeks ago at my highest weight of 280.6. I'm now 8 lbs lighter.. My goal is to get down to 140.. long road ahead of me I know, but I'll get there.. slowly but surely. Even though my husband is amazing and supportive I still need to be able to connect with other women who understand what its like to deal with the struggles of weight loss as a woman.. So feel free to add me so we can support each other through this journey.
  • sunnypenny
    sunnypenny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You sound like you are telling my story. I also work for a school. I am a sign language interpreter. Love my job. Love having the summer off with my 9year old son. counting the days left in this school year. LOL

I have started a diet so many times, I am looking forward to getting to know you as we journey together towards our weight loss goals.
  • TarynLgh
    TarynLgh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm live in Pinckney right now but we're building our house in Howell. Hopefully we'll be moved in within the year. I have 4 kids and I work from home. Feel free to add me as an MFP friend and we can keep each other motivated. I joined MFP about 2 months ago. My first 4 weeks were great and I lost 13 lbs. I've since held steady and its very frustrating and hard to keep on it when you're not seeing any results. I just have to keep it going!
  • Jddsmom
    Jddsmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this on my iphone app, do you know if I can get the groups I joined on it to? Or do I have to login to my computer?
  • sunnypenny
    Options
    Your comment sounds like something I could have written. I have stopped and started so many times. Lost and gained. I also work at a school as a sign language interpreter. Love having the summers off. Being home with my 9 yr.old for those summer months is such a blessing. Summer also my hardest time to keep myself on track with my eating. I can go to the fridge and eat whatever I want. When I am working I carry my lunch and it allows me to limit it more easily. I also tend to stay up later in thesummer and my worst time for eating is....yes, you guessed it at night. I am such a snacker. I am looking forward to encouraging each other. We can do this.
  • sunnypenny
    Options
    How are things going for you on MFP?
  • sunnypenny
    Options
    I am able to access my groups on my android phone. That was on of the things I loved about MFP. I checked out CalorieCount app but could not access everything on my phone. MFP is awesome!!