Local Faves

Options
2»

Replies

• mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love being able to drive for 15 minutes and be in the mountain, or walk 10 minutes and be at the beach! I love the endless trails, the Seawall, the Grouse Grind (ok, love/hate). I love that it's beautiful and safe. Fresh fish, weekend farmer's markets, delicious coffee, Savary Island Pie Company (special treat!). I love that I can get in my car and be in the USA in 30 mins (road trip!) , or be at the ferry terminal in West Vancouver in 20 minutes and start Island hopping.... I could go on and on. I lived in Montreal for 4 years for university, and LOVED it there, but I was always happy to come home to my ocean/mountain paradise. Rain and all!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Lummi Island. My grandma lives there so it's been the scene of most of my good memories growing up. Absoloutely beautiful.
  • ginger_nut
    ginger_nut Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Undertown Coffee in Port Townsend is awesome! Port Angeles, the whole Olympic Pen. My boyfriend and I did a hike out to Neah Bay and Second and third Beach a few months ago. My favorite place in WA. :)
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Having lived in both Washington (Bremerton/Silverdale area on the peninsula) and now in the Portland area, I absolutely love the NW. I love how green it is and the combination of mountains and trees. I even love the rain. That said, I think my favorite spot in WA is Olympic National Park but I also love Pt. Townsend. Down here, it's probably Silver Falls, the Columbia River Gorge and all the giant cedar trees I have in my own back yard! I wasn't born here, but I'll NEVER leave
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Grew up in spokane, totally remember that goat at riverfront park! Down in Portland now, I do miss the four seasons. Here we have day and wet lol
  • secondchance82
    Options
    I just moved here (Oak Harbor, WA) from Pittsburgh, PA so I love EVERYTHING from the Mountains, to living right on the water. So far, I love Mt. Baker, and Nooksack Falls. Being from PA you don't see too many mountains unless you travel far out. I love the PNW in the short time I've been here. Absolutely beautiful!
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The scenery!
    This picture was taken right on my front porch!

sunset_by_apatheticc-d4ewvkn.jpg

*edit: oops, sorry about it being so big. I'm not sure how to resize a picture! If you right click into a new tab you can see the full picture :)
  • bobstriumph
    Options
    mmmm......Voodoo Donuts bacon maple bars.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    bought this AWESOME book at Costco a while ago, still see it there- Weird Washington - cool stuff and stops to see...

one of my fav things in our area (Spokane), is Green Bluff- going to get your pumpkins for Halloween - picking out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch - my kid spent a long time trekking out there in the rain picking out his perfect pumpkin last year (he was 2) and he loved every minute of it! Then having corn on the cob, fresh from a BBQ grill - and Pumpkin Doughnuts!!! YUM! or fresh apples with a bit of caramel on them - his own little "apple sundae"

also, love Multnomah falls, and Depoe Bay, and Tillamook Cheese Factory - Seaside, OR, and Astoria - some of our fav places to take a few days off! Newport OR, Lincoln City - I don't care if they're tourist traps, I still love 'em!

and - of course Leavenworth, WA - how can you NOT love it?!

and my first kiss with hubby at.......Zip's on Division in Spokane.
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Anywhere on or around Mt. Rainier. The views from the hiking trails up there are breath taking.

Zippys burgers in White Center ..... Mmmmmmmm
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    bought this AWESOME book at Costco a while ago, still see it there- Weird Washington - cool stuff and stops to see...

one of my fav things in our area (Spokane), is Green Bluff- going to get your pumpkins for Halloween - picking out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch - my kid spent a long time trekking out there in the rain picking out his perfect pumpkin last year (he was 2) and he loved every minute of it! Then having corn on the cob, fresh from a BBQ grill - and Pumpkin Doughnuts!!! YUM! or fresh apples with a bit of caramel on them - his own little "apple sundae"

also, love Multnomah falls, and Depoe Bay, and Tillamook Cheese Factory - Seaside, OR, and Astoria - some of our fav places to take a few days off! Newport OR, Lincoln City - I don't care if they're tourist traps, I still love 'em!

and - of course Leavenworth, WA - how can you NOT love it?!

and my first kiss with hubby at.......Zip's on Division in Spokane.

Everytime I drive by Zips now I'll think of you and your hubby! :wink:

Nothing better than Green Bluff! Take him strawberry picking! It's the best!

I might have to buy that book!