Crossfit in the privacy of home

Options
geckofli
geckofli Posts: 155 Member
hi crossfitters, I'm new to this as in I've never done it & I'm not brave enough to join another gym to do it.
I'm locked in a contract till September ,
But can anyone suggest how I might get start?
you know furniture to the side of the lounge room and smash out a workout.
Anymoves I hate them but I keep trying burpees and reptile planks what else is there?

Replies

• mdakota
    Options
    http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewforum/16/
    This is a site that has scaled down versions for those starting. Not sure what equipment you have, but without equipment, you can do air squats, or find a heavy rock that you can handel and do exercises with that. There is so much info out there on exercises that don't necessarily involve all the equipment you find in a gym. If your locked into a contract, go to the gym. Do some research and find what exercises are involved in certain WODs that has equipment that your gym has. As far as some of the heavier olympic lifts, seek some training. They do have videos on Crossfit.com that show some of the workouts and lifts. Go light and learn how to do the exercises right so as not to hurt yourself. That's just a suggestion. I hope it helps.

Oh yeah, if you want to start picking up some equipment, look online or in the papers for used equipment that would work.
  • tcortez3
    tcortez3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As a crossfitter, I think if you have never done weights before, I would suggest you get some training on that. I would be very hesitant to do heavy weights such as dead lifts, clean and jerks, front/back/overhead squats, etc. without being trained on it first. It is very easy to have poor form and you can really get hurt doing heavy weights without a bit of help. But there is a lot of other stuff you can do without a trainer.