Brown bagging it- what did you bring for lunch today?

Options
Besides the economic reasons for bringing your lunch its also easier to track your meals. It takes extra planning and work at night, and sometimes I cave and just say to myself ‘I’ll just grab sushi or Starbucks tomorrow’ but then I find I end up making poor food choices.

Here’s my packed lunch for today:

5e50ab65-1.jpg

Am snacks – chocolate jello cup & low calorie yogurt
Lunch- Mushroom melt veggie burger (cut in half and stacked for packing) with roasted butternut squash and cabbage
Mid snack- Some light cheese, half an apple and some homemade chocolate peanut protein bar

:bigsmile:

Replies

• CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a pic, but I have a Coach's Oats pancake (for breakfast), mini Babybel cheese (am snack), a herb-roasted turkey and havarti sandwich (lunch), a crapton of broccoli to steam (pm snack) and I brought a Chobani greek yogurt cup for just-in-case, though tonight is my Bible study and who knows what's being brought for snack so I'm trying to conserve calories. :)
  • blondeboms
    blondeboms Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bad day for me, i forgot my lunch and got blocked in by a random in the carpark so couldn't get out to buy anything! My lunch was a cup of tea and 3 biscuits!!
  • Maksimow01
    Maksimow01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy Morgan--like the pic!

For me, I brought a homemade chicken chilli from the Eat Clean cookbook and brown rice. I think I am going to go warm it up now!
  • bronzeon
    bronzeon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A Honeybaked Ham Turkey Sandwich at a LinkedIn conference/lunch n learn... 500+ calories! Yikes. Glad i pulled the cheese and most of the mayo off.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have soup, quick n easy and gets my veggies down me
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bad day for me, i forgot my lunch and got blocked in by a random in the carpark so couldn't get out to buy anything! My lunch was a cup of tea and 3 biscuits!!
    Oh no, that's awful! Did you leave an angry note? At our old apartment we had assigned parking spots, and the neighbors two floors beneath us thought it was funny to have their friends/visitors park in our spot to piss us off, so DH and I got used to writing down license plate numbers and writing firmly-toned notes about not parking in our (clearly marked) spot... Im not sure that made it any better, but what can you do? Oh well. What kind of tea? :)