how can I add breast feeding to my profile?

Options
I would like to add breast feeding to my activily level so that it can subtract the calories. Right now the app says i should take in 1300 calories, but I knwo that if I do that my milk supply will drop. Any ideas?????

Replies

• wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yes, I just found this out myself. Under food, type breastfeeding and add it as an entry. There are many options to choose from depending on how often you feed your baby. Hope this helps!
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just customised my goals and added 300 calories. Otherwise you have to remember to add bf every day, which I wouldn't!
  • slived
    slived Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I chose "very active" activity level and it allowed me to eat over 1500 calories which is probably the minimum required to eat to still make enough milk for my baby. Good luck to you
  • laurenlawver
    Options
    thanks everyone, I used the breastfeeding food search and it added 300 calories, but I have to tell you I am still super hungry. I have gone over my goal each day. With the extra 300 calories I am at 1670 goal for the day, which seems like a lot, but I have heard 1800 is the target goal for many breastfeeding women. My daughter is 3 month and 100 percent breastfed, has anyone else had this problem???
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've done two days with 300 extra calories and am hungry. I'm going to try setting my goal to maintain my weight and add no extra for bf. that pretty much gives me 450 extra. I'll try that for a couple of days and see. It's quite an individual thing I think.
    Someone posted a milk calculator on here previously which is a good estimate for how much you are producing therefore how much you need extra.

http://www.fourfriends.com/cgi-bin/milk.pl?lbs=13&oz=3&feed=8&formula=
  • laurenlawver
    Options
    Thanks..the calculator has me at 500 calories to be added....