Starting again...

Options
nachisdoll
nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
Hey guys,
Im a mom of three wonderful (and crazy) kids! Im a certified personal trainer who works as a gym teacher in a preschool. I am starting nursing school at the end of feb. I gained 45lbs with my first preg and since then it all seems to stick. ARGH. Well its not a new story I have been overweight most of my life....but when i was in high school i started losing weight and kept it off till i had kids. Now its time for me to say goodbye to this weight and say hello to that body that is deep down beneath the folds of my fat!

Replies

• MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I know how it is. I have to admit that I've struggled with it my whole life too. I did better in highschool and up till I had kids, but the ugly truth is that I've lost over 300 lbs in my life and I'm still back close to where I started. Yup... I keep loosing the same pounds over and over and over. It sucks. This time is different because the goal isn't a number, it's a lifestyle. I've accepted the fact that like a diabetic, I am going to have to keep track of what I am eating every meal, every day for the rest of my life. I'm okay with that now. I've just gotta keep working at it till it's a habit and remind myself that even if I binge, I gotta count it. That right there, makes a huge difference in the frequency and severity of the binge. :)
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Tnxx!! I just gave a 45 min cardio/toning class and am not eating left over chocolate cake instead I am drinking 2 glasses of water taking a shower and going to bed!!!! I feel empowered!
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I know how it is. I have to admit that I've struggled with it my whole life too. I did better in highschool and up till I had kids, but the ugly truth is that I've lost over 300 lbs in my life and I'm still back close to where I started. Yup... I keep loosing the same pounds over and over and over. It sucks. This time is different because the goal isn't a number, it's a lifestyle. I've accepted the fact that like a diabetic, I am going to have to keep track of what I am eating every meal, every day for the rest of my life. I'm okay with that now. I've just gotta keep working at it till it's a habit and remind myself that even if I binge, I gotta count it. That right there, makes a huge difference in the frequency and severity of the binge. :)

That is what I am working on right now. Tracking everything I eat. No matter what it is or how much of it I ate.