Help, I stink at this!

Options
vallesmines
vallesmines Posts: 23 Member
Okay, so I got an old homemade hoop out of my garage and put on a you tube tutorial. I really suck at this:( It fell about every 3-5 rotations. Not sure if this is for me, but it looks so fun and beautiful, I really want to learn. Should I buy a Dvd, and keep at it or quit now before it hurts my pride and toes:) ouch!!!

Replies

• AiryM
    AiryM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a different hoop?

Don't give up, it can be frustrating, but once you master it, it's so much fun! I really like SaFire's videos on youtube.

I know a lot of people hoop shifting their weight front to back. Place one foot more forward. People usually have a one side that's more dominate then others. I usually hoop to the left. Also,I hoop more going side to side. Shift little movements. This looks extremely funny when you don't have a hoop swinging around you.

Good luck and keep it up!
  • vallesmines
    Options
    Thanks, I got a different hoop today! HOPEFULLY this one works better! Ill have to play around Tomorrow.
  • JudyPMorg
    Options
    I found that my clothing made a difference! I was showing my husband and was wearing a loose sweater and dress pants and the hoop just headed for the ground. I tried the next day (in sweats) and I was able to keep the hoop going for 4 minutes!

13517762.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sweetrice12
    sweetrice12 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I find the weighted hoops are easier to hoop.
  • Hooping4Life
    Options
    The bigger the hoop the easier it is. If it is weighted it gets more momentum so your body can get used to the motion without having to work as hard. (still a great workout, just not as stressful to keep it going). If you are still struggling keeping it up, try switching directions.

Remember: If you shift side to side, when it touches your side push against it with your side. If you move front to back, push against it when it touches your stomach and when it touches your back. Timing is everything. Stick with it, once you get it down, you will be golden. Just need to find what works for you.

:)
  • vallesmines
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies! Ill have to try all your suggestions. :flowerforyou:
  • vallesmines
    Options
    I went to Walmart and bought my daughter a hoop for Valentines Day! We've had lots of fun playing around on it and figuring it out. Even my10 year old son wanted to give it a shot:)
  • Hooping4Life
    Options
    I'm glad you are giving hooping a second chance.

That is great that your son is interested too. What an awesome family "active" activity. :)

Hoopy Monday!
  • vallesmines
    Options
    Yep, even my sweet hubby is giving it a shot!!! Thanks for all the support!!! I think I'm ready for a video or Dvd. What are some of your favorites?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Yep, even my sweet hubby is giving it a shot!!! Thanks for all the support!!! I think I'm ready for a video or Dvd. What are some of your favorites?

Your last post on this topic was Feb ... how's it going? (I'm new to this Group)
  • Sharon0523
    Options

Your last post on this topic was Feb ... how's it going? (I'm new to this Group)

Are you still hooping???? I hope so