Introduction

Options
wwdot
wwdot Posts: 5 Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm a California RN, working as an advice nurse in a call center.
I'm trying my best to maintain my weight!
Hoping to get to know you all.
Donna

Replies

• ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna and everyone else!

I'm a psychiatrist. I work at a state psychiatric hospital, treating patients who have been sent to the hospital after successfully pleading insanity. I also have been married for 12 years and have two young daughters.

I am currently shooting to lose 86 lbs from starting weight (105 from max weight) and will see whether I think I need to lose more from there. Early days, yet, though. MFP's community and food diary will probably be what makes the difference for me.
  • DancinBear63
    DancinBear63 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, friends! I'm a family doc, and medical director, at a community health center in Virginia. I am married, and my husband and I are raising our almost 2 year old little boy. Over the past 15 years of school, training, establishing my career, and starting a family I've gained 50 pounds. It's so challenging at times to figure out how to juggle all of the balls that I have to keep in the air, but I've finally decided to put myself first.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm glad to get and give support to everyone on this journey.
  • Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    I am a Surgical Charge Auditor and a future nursing student. I married, 3 children and work full time, part time student. I have about 50lbs to lose. I have been working hard at it since March of 2011 and have been able to lose 23 lbs. I am ready lost the last bit of weight but am worried when I start nursing school that my determination will lack since school is very important to me. I have a wonderful support team at home and at work.
    I want to support and encourage others and I want to surround myself with others that will do the same :)
  • haggarka
    Options
    hI all, I am now a Care Coordinator for an Internal Med Group but was an ER nurse for 29yrs until April 2011 when I was dx with brain aneurysm. Still trying to get back to my pre-surgery activity level but will probably never be able to do 12hr shifts again. Oh well, at least I am still here and able to work on weight loss. Every day is a gift & I want to lose 50lbs & make the most of the rest of my life.
  • angelrn1224
    Options
    Hello Team!

I am a 45 year, old/young, RN Regional Supervisor with a Homecare Hospice program in northcentral Wisconsin. I am married with two children, both boys. One at UW-Madison and the other in Junior High. Both think they still know more about life than their mother...:wink:

Over the past 5 years, I have quit smoking, completed my BSN and recently my MSN, and have allowed my weight to climb to severe obesity. I am proud of my accomplishments but I didn't have the same sense of urgency for my health. But I deserve it, right? Right!

I have been successful at weight loss in the past. I know it can be done, but not without determination and continued work. In the past, I have always placed a large amount of feelings of success on the end result. Not this time! I am going to relish in the journey and small goals, with the end goal still in mind, but not my focus. I believe my working on weekly, monthly, 6 month, and yearly goals, I will have a positive outlook and feel my goals are attainable.

Before MFP, I had lost 20 lbs, but I found 12 of those same pounds....boy, does that creep up on a person! As of today, I have a total of 111.4 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight of 160. I weigh-in on Mondays because I feel this will help keep me on track over the weekends, which seem to be one of my downfalls.

I am looking for continued support through MFP Healthy Healthcare Team and friends. Please feel free to add me as a friend :smile:

I am a Positive, Dynamic, and Energetic Woman!
    Sarah
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Hi! I work in a psychiatric hospital with kids with developmental disabilities :bigsmile: ....

I have lost 75lbs and I have about 10 (not sure when I am going to stop or what my goal should be but 10 would bring me to 130 and I think that's good for a while) more to go. I am 5'4 and 27.

Questions just ask cuz I am not sure what to write here...:tongue:
  • LISACDA
    LISACDA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am a Certified Professional Coder for the last 24yrs and I also teach a medical billing & coding course to prep you for the National AAPC test.

I have lost 35 pounds and have 2-50 pound flour bags to go (lol).....my primary goal is to get off my medication of Trilipix and Verapamil...which I have successfully accomplished getting off (1 - the Trilipix for high Triglycerides)....I have 3 months to prove to my MD that I don't need to get back on it as I am controlling my healthy way of living now. The other med (Verapamil - for HTN) is going to come with time, more weight loss and consistency with BP numbers :ohwell:

We are doing the Biggest Loser at work...and I can't tell you how much this has helped me BE ACCOUNTABLE! We have already completed the first 'go round' (Oct thru Jan session) and I won it :flowerforyou: ( I had the highest percentage of weight loss overall - yippee!) It was $5 to join, $5 to pay your way out of it if you didn't want to do it anymore and $1/every pound you gain at each weigh in. (I received $200 which I will use for buying new clothes when I hit my next goal weight!)

We are doing another round (Jan thru March) and I can't wait too see my next transformation! I am going to start incorporating weights 3x/week and doing my treadmill in the morning for 40mins 3x/week....I love FP as it keeps me ACCOUNTABLE! I am also going to prep my foods every night so I do NOT "fail" to do it in the morning while I'm rushing out the door.

One of my main mottos: If you fail to plan ~ plan to fail

I wish everyone the best of luck....and let's help each other through this life long journey:flowerforyou:

~Lisa - from Coeur D Alene ID
  • wwdot
    wwdot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is good to meet everyone!
  • haggarka
    Options
    Hi! I work in a psychiatric hospital with kids with developmental disabilities :bigsmile: ....

I have lost 75lbs and I have about 10 (not sure when I am going to stop or what my goal should be but 10 would bring me to 130 and I think that's good for a while) more to go. I am 5'4 and 27.

Questions just ask cuz I am not sure what to write here...:tongue:

WOW!!! hope you are proud of yourself??? What an amazing accomplishment.
  • Classic65Mustang
    Classic65Mustang Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a recent Respiratory Therapist graduate in Georgia.
    I've been looking for work and sitting around this house has allowed some of the weight I lost last year to find me again. I had lost 25 lbs in 2011 and looks like I have gained back 8 :sad:
    I'm tired of the yo-yo! I have gained and lost the same weight a million times. I'm ready to get it off and KEEP it off.
    I'm not sure what my goal weight is going to be. Right now my only concern is health and fitness :happy:
  • angelrn1224
    Options
    I've been looking for work and sitting around this house has allowed some of the weight I lost last year to find me again. I had lost 25 lbs in 2011 and looks like I have gained back 8 :sad:
    I'm tired of the yo-yo! I have gained and lost the same weight a million times. I'm ready to get it off and KEEP it off.
    I'm not sure what my goal weight is going to be. Right now my only concern is health and fitness :happy:

Hello! Welcome to the team!! So you gained back 8...look at the bright side....it wasn't all 25 right? It wasn't even 1/2 of the 25. The really great thing about this is that you have already taken notice about the 8 and you are here obviously wanting to do something about it.

Good luck on the job hunt!
  • Classic65Mustang
    Classic65Mustang Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Hello! Welcome to the team!! So you gained back 8...look at the bright side....it wasn't all 25 right? It wasn't even 1/2 of the 25. The really great thing about this is that you have already taken notice about the 8 and you are here obviously wanting to do something about it.

Good luck on the job hunt!
    Well I'm down 3 lbs already and hasn't been a week :bigsmile: And I topped this week off with a job offer, Yeah!!! Now I'm going to be in the same boat as everyone else of trying to find time to workout.
  • jerika20
    jerika20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am a home health aid who is going to school to become a MA and then an RN. I have struggled with my weight loss for some time now and am tired of it. My name is Jerika and i am 23 and just over 200lbs. It is time for me to get myself into shape a live a healthier life. I am looking for some support and motivation to keep me going. I hope
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jerika! you're def in the right place if you're looking for support. I've made some great pals on here and it's def helped me stay motivated. I've gained some back over the last year so now I'm trying to get back on the horse.. I'm determined to make 2012 the year I get to my goal weight!
  • tonyaaltic1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a LPN for a rehabilitation hospital for head trauma victims. I work on the behavioral lock-down unit which is very interesting! I just started taking classes to finish my RN. I have one daughter who is 5 and a wonderful husband of almost 12 years now. I have a hard time dieting at work due to all the other staff members and very generous patient families that bring in tons of goodies every week. I am really hoping to get some motivation and support! I have already lost 25 pounds but I have plateaued and really need to lose another 35!
  • bcereuskk
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm a Medical Technologist. I just posted how I was looking for healthcare buddies and I think I found my answer. I'm struggling right now because I thrive on routine and my schedule changes all the time. I'm trying to get past the "If I can't work out at 5 am every day then I can't work out for that day" mentality. I have about 40 lbs to lose.
  • sweeteulalia
    sweeteulalia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a BSN, RN working at a major medical center in Philadelphia, PA. I work on a medical-telemetry unit caring for all sorts of folks. Our main specialties are lungs and liver but we see renal, ID, some cards, and a random assortment of things. With 40 beds and patients with acute medical and psychosocial needs things can get stressful. It's easy to swing by a vending machine, order food, or dig in to the goodies families leave us. Night shift feels even worse at times when I crave sugar and carbs more than usual because my brain wants some stimulation at 0300.

I often feel like a major hypocrite counseling others on their need to lose weight because they have diabetes, hypertension, or high cholesterol. Fortunately, I do not yet have any of these complications and I'd like to avoid them. Our hospital sees some very obese individuals - 400 and 500lbs sometimes and it's becoming harder and harder to care for people that we can't lift, etc. I want to be a good role model for my patients and also to be able to say "hey, I've been there..."
  • certie
    certie Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a 33 year old Critical Care pharmacist, in Toronto, Canada. I'm happily married for 4 years, no kids yet. Decided after watching yet another patient in their late 40's come in with a stroke, that it was about time I got my BP lower and got back into shape! We're also planning to start a family soon, so I want to be in the best possible shape. I've been using this program along with a book, and have had pretty good success over the last 4 weeks......but still have another 20 lbs to loose to reach my goal.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a recent BSN RN graduate but jobs are hard to get right now in any kind of city where people really want to live so I am continuing on to get my masters to be a Nurse Practitioner. Almost 100% positive I want to work with children.

Became really frightened during my adult rotation in primary care because I saw so many relatively young adults with serious medical problems due to being overweight. I've lost 16 pounds and i have 14 more to go but it is sloooooooow going. I always want more friends on here so add me.
  • natalielowe
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Natalie I am a LPN (of1 1/2 years) at a new Gastroenterology office in Kentucky. I am the mommy of a Awsome 2 year old boy and the wife of 4 years to my amazing husband. I had my son during nursing school then with all the sitting in class, studying, and pigging out i managed to pack on 50lbs. So now Im in a very happy place in my life and I want to be even more happy with getting in shape and getting some of this weight off. since january 4th I have managed to drop 19lbs and I didnt dream it would come off that fast. I started out at 254 and now down to 235. my goal weight is 160 or below..