What is you most embarrassing race moment?

Options
Still_Fluffy
Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
During a 1/2 marathon my nephew handed me a GU packet whcih I threw in my pocket. 200 yard later was the turn around and I got anouther GU packet from him on the return. What I didn't know is the GU packs were open and they leaked into my pockets. When I grabbed them I had GU all over my hands. I can tell you GU is nasty running down you legs for 6 miles.

Replies

• Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    look at my pics. I had nipple chafing.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I raced a race called Grim a while ago and did a mini carb load in the morning, just some Oats, Toast and PB. the whole race round i was wind powered and everyone kept accusing their mates of farting as i flew by!
  • guidnca
    guidnca Posts: 64
    Options
    I do not have a race embarrassment unless it is getting beat by the pregnant lady last week. That is hurting the pride.

Long run embarrassment quite a few.
    Along a route we took, when I had to go I would look for port a potties in front of houses because most of the time the workers are fairly clean. Well I hit one site where they were abosutely pigs. This was one of those times when it was 2 instead of 1. It was an emergency, I run in, do my biz and look around...no TP. I was scouring for any sort of paper on the floor to make the run more bearable.

Only wear black shorts, because one run thought I was finished peeing and was in hurry. Reallized that I was not. Royal blue shorts made of wicking fabric just spread the accident to look a BP oil spill on my shorts. What is the deal with bladder control and running?

Nipple chafing...absolutely. We got these shirts that had to be made out of sandpaper, because it was not my nipples that chafed but it was my chest/pecs. I looked down and my nipple was band aided up, but I was still bleeding. As I finished, one dude said to me. "So, I see the sniper got you today." I chuckled. That is my favorite line about nipple chafing.

Other favorite nipple chafing story is when I was running one time and my band aid came off. We had with our group, paramedics and cops that rode along with us. There was a couple hundred of us. I need some vaseline for my nips and all the medics have is K-Y. I said, "No water based lubricant is not going to work." So, it starts getting worse and I remember from sex ed that saliva and mucus is a lubricant. So, I hock a loogie in my hand and rub my nipples. Then I start screaming, forgot that mucus is salty as well. Ever after that my main running partner on a long run would ask, "Guid, how are the nips."
    Dang, running causes you to lose all inhibitions. NYCM seen people defecate and pee in front of one another. More animals than humans at times.

Have I said too much?

Running...not a glamour sport.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Long run embarrassment. Went on a vacation with 24 hour open bar, buffet, restaurants & room service. Friend suggested we take laxatives before bed to deal with the days of binge eating & drinking. Went for a long run the next morning. You can guess the rest.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    look at my pics. I had nipple chafing.
    :noway: OW!

I've never had an issue with it. I wonder why..
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Throwing up all over the place over the finish line and almost on the guy taking all the finishing pics. Nice. :/ By the way I threw up b/c I took a GU Gel made me sick to my stomach
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    crapping in a bush. every bloody time.
  • Ruthe314
    Ruthe314 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lol! Just like a lot of you my guts often rebel on a long run! I've been spared during any race, but out on my own...that's a different story! I went out for a projected 10 miler one day and at mile 7 had to head for home. About 2 very long miles from home my guts said NO MORE and offloaded! That was a painfully humiliating walk home! Big lesson tho....LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! OR ELSE!!! Lol