RED TEAM WEEK 5 CHALLENGE

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
HELLO RED TEAM!!!!!!! I had to think hard for this weeks challenge (you guys are too good!!!). So, it popped into my head that Valentine's Day is approaching......and I do not know about you all......but my downfall is CHOCOLATE!!! So I thought it would be a good idea to start preparing our bodies (and mind) to say NO!!!!!!!!

For WEEK 5 RED TEAM CHALLENGE: I would like for each one of us to eliminate something from your diet. Obviously something that is NOT good for you, but you still allow yourself to have. I am only asking you to give it up for this week...COMPLETELY!!! Again, for me it is candies and chocolate! It can be sodas or white breads. Whatever it is that you LOVE.....but can do without!

Good Luck RED TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• rrakcarter
    rrakcarter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i like this idea, plus it gets me ready for lent. ugh! can it be something other than something from your diet? like can it be something external that is standing in the way of you becoming better...ie, watching too much tv, too much time on computer, etc? sometimes if these things get in the way, we choose those instead of playing with kids or getting in 15 more mins of exercise. if it's not on the same page, that's cool too. just a thought. i may try to do something for both of those. good luck.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I honestly have already eliminated all the junk from my diet. Haven't had a soda in weeks, nor candy or chocolate. Maybe I can make my challenge to ADD something to my diet that I should be eating and I am not? For instance, I literally eat NO fruits. NONE, NEVER, not that I don't like them. I love oranges and strawberries, grapes etc. But, I never choose to eat them. I would like to incorporate eating a fruit at least once per day. I think that will be my challenge this week for myself. I am off to go buy some fruit now LOL we literally have NONE LOL
  • prsconch
    prsconch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Goodbye Chocolate!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    i like this idea, plus it gets me ready for lent. ugh! can it be something other than something from your diet? like can it be something external that is standing in the way of you becoming better...ie, watching too much tv, too much time on computer, etc? sometimes if these things get in the way, we choose those instead of playing with kids or getting in 15 more mins of exercise. if it's not on the same page, that's cool too. just a thought. i may try to do something for both of those. good luck.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! That is a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!! It is a whole lifestyle change!!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!!
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I really don't have anything I can eliminate this week. But in a couple of weeks it will be completely no soda. I have been working my way down from 3 a day to none at all. I have a case of soda still here and it will be gone in 12 days. Then I just have to work on no soda on weekends, because when I work I want a soda. It happens to be a fountain soda and it is 44 oz. :( That is my next obstacle. If I think of something I can eliminate I will let you know. Oh and chocolates have been out for about 3 to 4 weeks now.
  • 00Melo00
    00Melo00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Any kind of bread is my downfall. But if its whole grain, is it still not good? Other then that...it would have to be diet pop.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    For me it is the vending machine snacks at school.
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lets see here... I will definately get rid of coffee. I have been endulging in coffee recently. Replacing it with orange juice and water.