Options
ArnonsaeJ
ArnonsaeJ Posts: 41 Member
Frustration! all i've gotten from POF >.<

Replies

• go_fast
    go_fast Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah, hasn't done anything for me either. The same people month after month. Can't anyone find anyone?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    i just got sent a gift.. wth is that?? it was a bottle of wine. first time receiving something.. well i've gotten a rose before but not sure what the wine means???
  • Katefab26
    Options
    :devil: He wants to get you drunk :devil:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    oooooh, but he's a cutie!!! hmmmm i think i might have a date. *maybe*

he asked me out for coffee but i declined since i might be busy friday night. meh.
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Oooohhh cuties!!!! *sigh...

I think you have more options in Austin than I do in NH hahaha
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have tried POF too. I get guys who say they want a relationship but really only want a roll in the hay and sorry but I want more than that. Gave up on the on-line dating for now.
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you guys are lucky where you live, lots of options! look up lloydminster, alberta, canada *shudder* not good....lmao
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Yea I haven't had any luck with online dating. I live in a small town so that doesn't help either. I really think people that find great relationships online are a rarity.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ryhenblue. I'm currently on Chemistry and have tried eHarm and POF. No luck yet. And I live in a big city!
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    whats POF ?
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    POF......plentyof fish.com dating site

There are good guys on there...I did meet one..........and we dated for 8 mos....he wasn't Mr. RIght for me, but he was still a good guy, and have made some good friends there also...........
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Same here.

Online dating has many pitfalls. First off, flakiness tends to be more common on free dating sites like POF and OkCupid. Granted, flakiness occurs on paid dating sites and offline dating, but it is most prevalent on the free sites due to lack of investment (money/time). It is possible to find good people there, but the degree of difficulty is higher.

From the responses here, women have just as much trouble with these sites as men.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I have tried POF too. I get guys who say they want a relationship but really only want a roll in the hay and sorry but I want more than that. Gave up on the on-line dating for now.

Same here....I have made some FWB from POF that's it.
  • MsKittyCAT
    Options
    POF & OKCupid haven't been any good for me. I get very few messages at all, and the ones that do write are not appealing or are so far away in other states or countries it just doesn't interest me. I want to meet local people I can actually spend time with in person, not just an online thing.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I wonder why we keep having the same threads all the time in this group lol. We have at least 10 threads about online dating! LOL

I say it is just timing. There are good and bad people on every site. I am seeing someone now that I think will turn into a real relationship. He is the first and only guy I met from POF. No luck with Match despite meeting about 6 people from there in the last 7 months. It just depends on the person and I think it's wrong to assume one site attracts more creepy people than others. I speak from experience----I got a crazy stalker guy for awhile and he was from the only pay site I was on, match.
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    no luck there either.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

All I got were guys after one night stands....HELLO?? I'm pretty sure the pic or my profile on the site did not say desperate! Needless to say I left. Not on any online dating sites at the moment
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    I'm quite nervous! I am taking the guy I met on POF to a bowling party where he will meet a bunch of my friends, on Saturday. Gulp. I hope he fits in and likes them. ;)
  • ClaringtonLady43
    ClaringtonLady43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i used to be on POF.. and found there was just a lot of people looking to "hook up", I have recently joined "match.com" and it seems better.. since you have to pay to communicate.. I think that is a key factor.. on pof just anyone can join up.. Guess we will see :)
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    I'm sorry to be repetitive but every time I read comments like that I feel I have to say something!

I met someone I am seeing seriously on POF. All I got from Match was a stalker. And no, I'm not kidding.

My point is there are weirdos and scary people everywhere. You have to know how to weed them out. I don't think it's fair to assume one sight is worth than others.