Feel like a failure!!

Options
I am 5'4" and 168..I have been doing some sort of exercise every day for 3 weeks..Leslie Sansone DVD's, Total Gym workout..walking and running on the treadmill. Every day I track my food on here and I am told at the end, calorie intake is too low. I do mess up, being honest..sometimes..but I am not where I was..eating doritos at 11pm or scarfing on ice cream with lunch. I weighed in after Day 2 of Jillian Michaels 30DS..the next morning i weighed in..169. WHAT THE HECK!!

My sodium is not out of control..my carbs are never in the red in the food tracker..I just feel so gross with this belly..

anyone who is struggling..or had this problem and figured out a key to fixing it..I'd love to chat..or just get your input..
(in my portfolio picture im the one in the group with the pink coat on..)

Replies

• Jazzi2012
    Options
    It's typical for weight to vary 2-4 pounds on a daily basis depending on hormone levels and water retention. Make sure you are drinking an adequate amount of water while exercising so your body will not retain water weight. And with the variation of exercises you are doing, your body may be building more muscle mass while decreasing fat. I recommend taking your measurements and comparing results from your measurement's each week rather than getting caught up in the daily number's game from the scale.
  • dredrake1
    dredrake1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jazzi, you may get better results from taking measurements and it is so true about water retention. Try weighing yourself just once a week and measuring twice a month. I am going to add measurments starting in February. One thing I try to always remember is that this didnt happen over night so I cant expect to lose it overnight. What's important is that you are aware of what it takes to acheive better health and are taking steps to get there. Speaking for myself, I used to dread the workouts now I like the way I feel after I am done. I have such a long way to go but I know the better me is at the finish line #keepitup!
  • fieldsbean
    Options
    thank you! its true..tv and websites make you feel like in 10 minutes a day you'll look down and see abs..well, so not realisitc..just told my husband how im feeling and he said " give yourself 3 month..don't give up..i will bet..you wiill see results you didnt even know happened.."

what a guy..thanks for the input!
  • MsGrayCat5
    MsGrayCat5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    KEEP DOING JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 Days....

I did that and it really helped. Granted, I haven't done it since and I have gained all my weight back, but when I did it it helped. I love her!

Anyhow, feeling like a failure, you just can't give up. Also, don't overdo the workouts. Eventually it will make you not want to workout anymore.

Just remember that fast weight loss is not the goal. My former WW coach used to say, if you lose 1 lbs a week, how many is that at the end of the year? Seriously, I'll take that! For some, even 1/2 a lbs a year is good. For me, it has to be the 1 since I have so far to go. ;)

Keep it up and let us know how you are doing. I know it's been some time since you posted.