ive been played!!!

Options
ok seriously!! why do people have to play eachother!! So i started talking to this guy online, we talked for 3 weeks and i kept bailing on meeting him cuz lets face it i was scared haha. So i finally meet him and we hit it off! he asked me out on a date for 2 nights later. The day before he cancels saying he has to go to this supper with his friends, which i didnt mind he just moved here from england and needs to make friends! So he said he would come over sunday and hang out with me all day and come monday too. Well sunday came and i hardly heard from him. When i did hear from him he was extremely hungover. Then monday same thing hardly talked to me. This the guy who sent me a million texts a day and if i didnt answer right away would be asking me why i wasnt answering! Like he told me he really liked me and wanted me to go with him to his cousins wedding in england. So i felt ignored... and i confronted him. He says he s not ignoring me and he hasnt met anyone else....i dont know what happened. In my eyes im sure he thinks he met someone better. This is why i dont like dating you talk and get to know someone and think you hit it off and poof drops you on the drop of a dime! Think its time i play hard to get!

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    :( i'm sorry to hear that. sounds like he seemed like a good guy but proved not to be. the only thing i could think of was maybe he wasn't feeling the chemistry when you met, but didn't know quite how to break it to you that he wasn't interested, so instead he asked you out instead and decided to bail later over the phone?

there are so many more great guys out there! you will definitely find something else!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I HATE DATING... That's all.

Blah. I don't know why this happens but seems to happen alot. I don't know why guys do this...
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    haha i just read ur posts about your crush! u made me laugh cuz thats how i was all last week haha
  • agregson1985
    Options
    i do not know what his deal is he still talks to me< not as much! ah well moving on! Hes 10 yrs older then me!! eek thats another reason i kept bailing on him before to
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just think guys are flaky, not just guys actually. I think there are too many things to be distracted by these days. I get that a lot, someone who blows up your phone for a bit and then it just starts tapering to short answers or nothing. Even when they were the one initiating and getting all gung ho. It seems like they only want a date or a person to get romantic with if they have nothing better to do. It's annoying. I'm tired of trying to make a plan and it being all "I don't know what I'm doing yet" and then late and last minute they say "what's up?" like nothing and want to go out that second.
    This guy is making friends, he is fielding offers even if they aren't other girls. Always going to be a game or a bro or something and then only when there isn't anything, there will be contact. Sucks but true in my experience. We have too many toys plus we don't know how to commit to anything because the world is open and there may be something better to do.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Fortunately we have this special instinct of detecting if a guy is fooling around. I recently had an online conversation with someone & at first he was so sweet though a bit jealous type & even told me many times that he love me, don't want to lose me & would do anything to meet me whenever I try to tell him that it will be better for us to be friends since we live in 2 different sides of the world (I'm in Philippines & he is from Ecuador). Several weeks have passed & I haven't saw him online, not even on facebook or skype which is quite unusual since I see him everyday. Then I came across his facebook page & saw that he changed his relationship status. I think he already blocked me from msn & skype though I'm still in his facebook friends list. This also happened with some of my other online friends.

I'm an open-minded person when it comes to online friendships but let's face it, the majority of people online are there for the very same reasons: to take advantage of other people.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Blah. I don't know why this happens but seems to happen alot. I don't know why guys do this...

^this^

I once had a guy invite me out again, change his phone network to the same as mine, declare he'd never met anyone like me before. Then, he text me when he was on his way over to pick me up to say he was on his way. Then, he text me 20mins later to say he had a death in the family. Then I never heard from him again!!! Some people are just plain crazy!! :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    :huh: WHY DO THEY DO THIS?!?!?

Okay... I posted this website before but in case you haven't seen it.. READ:

http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/

This has pumped my head up and has gotten me up many times after feeling 2nd best or not good enough.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    You both behaved the same way. Make plans, stick to them. There are not a lot of excuses. I am extremely annoyed when a woman doesn't follow through on plans. He broke dates, you broke dates.

Basically, the OP was not sufficiently interested in the guy. The guy also had issues too. Likely, he would not have been a good fit for the OP.

Relationships are best when the interactions flow free & easily.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    You both behaved the same way. Make plans, stick to them. There are not a lot of excuses. I am extremely annoyed when a woman doesn't follow through on plans. He broke dates, you broke dates.

Basically, the OP was not sufficiently interested in the guy. The guy also had issues too. Likely, he would not have been a good fit for the OP.

That's kind of what I thought actually. If you break dates with somebody, they are definitely not going to think you're interested. Even if he meets you the first time and decides he's not attracted to you, it doesn't mean he's a bad person. It just means he's not right for you. I'm starting to think that the problem us women have is that we treat men like the enemy too often...
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    In my short experience of dating so far, I have been in the situation where a guy will be crazy texting me and contacting me at first then slowly it tapers off and then just goes away completely. I call it "the poofer". I don't get it. I don't understand. It's like... as soon as you know that I'm interested BACK, you go away. Whatever. Those are games and I'm not interested in a game player.

Now, I do believe we sometimes give men a bad name as well. I was telling Kate last night that I once went out with a guy who was contacting me ALOT through POF and then through phone. He was cute (pics) but I wasn't crazy about him. he on the other hand, seemed to be really into me OVER the phone. We finally met up for a drink. I could tell he wasn't attracted to me or for whatever reason, he wasn't attracted to me and fortunately for me, I wasn't feeling him in that way either.. more like a friend.
    The rejection stung a bit because he basiscally disappeared after that meet and greet. Even though I didn't want him, rejection sucks. But eh.. I learned to have thick skin.

Now with my crush, he stopped contacting me as much after us going out. Quickly I was calling him an a-hole etc for not calling me. But when I think rationally about it, he's not required to do so. And if he would drop me for whatever reason, it's his choice. It doesn't make him an a-hole. As long as he doesn't play me for a fool, he's looking for something just like I am and maybe he doesn't find it in me. Sure, it's his loss but doesn't make him a bad guy. So I have to just relax about all this..
  • agregson1985
    Options
    well the only reason i bailed on him is because i do have a 4mnth old baby. i didnt want to meet him for coffee with my baby around. Which he understood, he says i just chickened out but i didnt! i had a good excuse! ok so update on this guy he texted me last night just had a short convo cuz i said well u have a good night ill ttly because i dont wanna come off strong. then at like 1230 last night he texted me saying, " just wanted to say goodnight xxx" like wtf im just gonna play it "cool" for awhile haha.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options

I agree... You flaked first and started the game. But also, you said you have only been talking for 3 weeks... Is that a significant amount of time?

I too would be hurt, but give him the benefit if the doubt ... I know when I'm hung over, I just sleep all day and don't want to do anything else. Don't bug him, you'll look desperate.

Absence makes the heart grow founder.
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Maybe I've been out of the game too long, but I don't get the last minute excuses (without absolute emergency) or "playing" it cool or whatever. Isn't that the game we all say we hate? Your situation is your own and you absolutely know what's best for you and yours- I am sure you'll find the right guy! Maybe even this one. You are super cute and funny. You won't be alone long, I bet!

I guess I'm old and curmudgeonly in that I want to be upfront, sincere and not be a game player. I don't want to lose sleep if I should call him or him, me. I don't want to have to play coy or be aggressive or make out without knowing what's on the table. I just want to be me, let it flow, like DM1983Z said.

Like I said before, I've been out of the game a long time. Maybe my perspective is unrealistic in how things are now. I sure hope it isn't, though. Dealing with "high school" dating once was enough for me!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options

^this^

I once had a guy invite me out again, change his phone network to the same as mine, declare he'd never met anyone like me before. Then, he text me when he was on his way over to pick me up to say he was on his way. Then, he text me 20mins later to say he had a death in the family. Then I never heard from him again!!! Some people are just plain crazy!! :laugh:

I had a similar experience - no death but he had to fly to Washington State because his "brother" had been in an accident. He called to tell me he was leaving (in a panic to make me worry) and then when I sent him a message asking how things were he told me to "stop bothering him!"..........CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
  • agregson1985
    Options
    i didnt bail on him lots! he would just ask me to do something and i said i couldnt because i couldnt! no babysitter so its not like what he did to me at all! but on the update i havent been talkin to him as much im letting him come to me cuz i dont wanna look desperate. So he texted me outta the blue today, he drives a semi in the oil patch.. (i never talked to him at all today).. he said " hi this is the first time ive had a chance to text you to see how your day is going"
    i just replied its going good worked out joined the gym now visiting my sister and u
    "joined the gym have u, days been going ok just thought i would say hi"

soooo nows hes back to talkin to me again. guess being positive helps! haha
  • agregson1985
    Options

Maybe I've been out of the game too long, but I don't get the last minute excuses (without absolute emergency) or "playing" it cool or whatever. Isn't that the game we all say we hate? Your situation is your own and you absolutely know what's best for you and yours- I am sure you'll find the right guy! Maybe even this one. You are super cute and funny. You won't be alone long, I bet!

I guess I'm old and curmudgeonly in that I want to be upfront, sincere and not be a game player. I don't want to lose sleep if I should call him or him, me. I don't want to have to play coy or be aggressive or make out without knowing what's on the table. I just want to be me, let it flow, like DM1983Z said.

Like I said before, I've been out of the game a long time. Maybe my perspective is unrealistic in how things are now. I sure hope it isn't, though. Dealing with "high school" dating once was enough for me!

thank you that was really nice! yeah i didnt date in highschool so i cant compare haha!!
  • agregson1985
    Options
    i havent been played!! whoop whoop lol hes definatley interested because we talked till midnight last night and he apologized hes been so busy, just started a new job training and moving into a house, he just moved from england so i understand, and hes invited me over and he wants to come see me and he said he hopes to get to know me better! wish me luck peeps! i like him so much :D
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Good luck! That is good news.

It does happen though............one guy I really liked when we met just kept stringing me along. He would email/text all the time, but never commit to a second date. After a few weeks (excuses: I have to work overtime, I have strep throat, it's the holidays) I figured out he was just keeping me a little interested in case he didn't find someone better. I finally stopped responding and I guess he found that someone better cuz he stopped contacting me. Of course now I've met someone way better so it doesn't matter anymore, but cripes, why can't people just be grownups and say "sorry, it's not going to work out between us". It's not that hard to say!
  • agregson1985
    Options
    i know! im still not getting my hopes up tho! just going day by day. if someone else comes along and "woos me" more then him, his loss i guess haha!