Time to Make It A Reality....

Options
DoreenDC
DoreenDC Posts: 17 Member
I am 5' 7", currently I weighed myself at 186......yes I'm disappointed, however.....I know my body and I know where I went wrong and how to get back on track....and so here I am. My goal is 150-160.....I am currently as size 8-10......so think about it....and KNOW that everyone is built differently & body compositions are different. I work out regularly, however, I have a strong tendency to hold water....so again, I know my body.....it's time each of you get to know your bodies.....

It's all about a healthy balanced diet and it starts here and now.....pay attention to your calories in, to calories out (exercise).....the key is to avoid using your calories earned from exercise.....(for those of you that weight train, 'Strength Training', instead of adding each exercise, can be found under the exercise log, under cardiovascular exercises and you simply add in the amount of time you spent training)

Join me, follow me, ask me, motivate me and all those in the group! Vent, share, BRAG, whatever you want.....do what works for you in order to stay on track, and here at MYFITNESSPAL.....it can happen I assure you.....it's an incredible FREE tool.....

Replies

• wmass1
    wmass1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thx for the add! I'm a cop and have worked a crazy messed up schedule for years! Today I started my first day shift and hope to get myself back on track!
  • DoreenDC
    Options
    I can only imagine, my father was and my brothers are both on the job as well, I understand the eating at the desk, drive thrus, diner runs....hectic scheduling and so on.....but the key is to plan your meals ahead of time....start packing a cooler if possible....it's the best way.....and I assure you after the first week, you'll be in the routine and it gets easier....and it saves you $$$ :) and always carry water.....
  • jclark051
    Options
    Doreen,
    I have always been a pretty active and athletic person. I started a new stressful job in August. I feel off the deep end for a while and I found it very difficult to motivate myself to workout and stay healthy after a long day of work. The past few weeks I have really been pushing myself to go to the gym 3-5 days a week after work. I usually do at least 40 minutes of cardio and I often push myself so that I get in a good sweat. What I am struggling with now is that after the 40+ minutes of cardio and occasionally some ab work... the last thing that I want to do is lift weights. I am about 164 right now and I am only 5'3. I'm looking to lose at least another 14 pounds. Do you think just the cardio is enough for right now? What do you suggest? Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thank you for your advice.
  • DoreenDC
    Options
    Keep your strength training @ 3 times a week....the rest cardio.....but step that up to 50 mins. for 4 days.....incline treadmill for at least 30-35 mins, at a brisk pace the entire time.....

Strength training upper body/lower body splits.....by this i mean the following workout for example (legs one day a week) Abs you can do at least 3-4 times a week.....

Upper Body: all 4 sets of each exercise of 15-20 reps
    Chest Press
    Tricep Pushdowns:
    Shoulder Press
    Lat Pull down
    Bicep curls

Legs: sets of each @ 15-20 reps....
    Leg Extension
    Squats (Free or reverse hack)
    Leg Press (up high and wide, toes pointed out....all of your weight pushing up on heels)
    kick backs (machine or on the floor or a bench)
    leg curls

See how you do after a week.....or even 2, you have to give your body time to adjust and react.....patience is key, I know it's hard but hang in there.....CONSISTENCY PAYS OFF I GUARANTEE IT! :)
    Calves