Newbie here!

Options
Hello everyone! I am new to this site but not new to attempting weight loss. My biggest issue is lack of motivation. I teach preschool and cut my hours back at the beginning of the school year so I would have an hour and a half roughly between getting home and my two school aged children getting home from school. The first few weeks I did well, then one thing lead to another and before I knew it, I was coming home after school and using that hour and a half to relax. Mornings are already starting too early (I have to be out of the house by 6:45 to get to work in time, the joys of living in the Washington DC Metro/Northern Virginia area.) Bless my husband for doing the morning routine and getting the kids on the bus. Nights are crazy too with Cub Scouts/Girl Scouts/speech therapy and any work related obligations. My hour and a half in the afternoon is about the only time I can do it. I am hoping this site can give me some inspiration and motivation!!

Replies

• moms0211
    Options
    I can totally relate!!! The morning is to early I get to work at 7:30 am and when I have tried to set my alarm to get up to work out the kids hear it and get right up. My husband and I work opposite shifts....he brings the kids to me at work when I get out at 3:30 then I with them all night, dinner, baths, homework, swim lessons - etc....then when they go to bed about 8:00 I crash!!!!

It sucks doesn't it??? lol
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats for getting on here. I think it's the single most important thing I do each day. Exercise is only about 20% of the battle. I make it a priority, but it does come at a sacrifice. The hard truth is that 80% of our success in losing weight depends on what we eat, how much and when. And, no matter how busy we are, we can still make time to eat healthy. It's a choice that takes some time initially when making changes, but becomes a no-brainer after time. I'm still in the "conscious effort" phase. But it's getting easier. Stick with it, the changes are worth it. :)