fitness class jitters

Options
Hey friends,

This may seem like a silly prayer request, but here goes:
My 24 year old daughter talked me into joining a women's boot camp fitness class, so that we could do a work out together one day a week. I am 43 and only feel like I'm in so-so shape...mostly walking and yoga.

I figured out that it has been 10 YEARS (since my son was born) since I have been to the gym or any group fitness class. We started homeschooling, and there hasn't been time or money, so I have worked out at home.

The first session is tomorrow and I am really worried and anxious about it. Will it be too hard now that I am 43 instead of 33? Will I foolishly try to keep up with the younger ladies? I am already regretting this decision...

If anyone is up early tomorrow morning and reads this, or up late tonight, will you please pray for me?
thanks!

Rhonda

Replies

• lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I felt nervous when I first went to the gym. I didn't feel like I belonged and hadn't exercised in a long time. My thoughts are that you
    are the client-- you are the one paying for this. Listen to your body and work out at the pace that you feel comfortable. If you decide it's not for you, that's ok too. I will pray for you tonight and in the morning. Isaiah 26:3 Blessings
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Rhonda,

You will be fine! I went to an advanced aerobics class 15 years ago and I was SO out of shape. The first few classes I just did what I could (which wasn't much), but after sticking with it I eventually was able to keep up with the rest of the class. That really helped me to be an encouragement to other newcomers. If it is really something you want to do, stick with it and you will get stronger each time.
    My prayers are with you-have fun!
  • lalalee13
    Options
    So,,, how did it go this morning?
  • calpollyana
    Options
    Hey girls!

I loved my class! It is a circuit training class. One trainer works with 10 of us, and it was really fun and tough! He paired me with a lady who was 60, and she was kicking butt! She was so helpful and encouraging, and it made me feel good to know that at any age you can push yourself and excel! It was so much fun to do this with my daughter.

Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers. I'm so grateful to know you ladies!

Have a wonderful day!
    Rhonda
  • lalalee13
    Options
    awesome! I'm so happy for you.
  • geauxsaints1
    Options
    Everyone has to start at the beginning and has jitters. How awesome to find others in the class who lift up and encourage! HOORAY! :flowerforyou:
  • wilprosper
    wilprosper Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing. Joining this group and logging my food daily is a first step for me. Now I pray for the strength to start moving also.
  • calpollyana
    Options
    Joining this class has changed me so much. Having the support of other women who are trying to get in or stay in shape is awesome. It's not like any other class I've tried. You always have a partner, and it's never the same workout twice. I have so much more energy than I had before. I'm so grateful that my headstrong oldest daughter persuaded me to try it. I am super social, so getting a great workout while socializing is very cool! God is so good! He knew what I needed!
  • mamaw53
    Options
    GREAT! God is good ALL the time!