Best Animated movie of all time

Options
BigDaddyBRC
BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
I have to go with Fantasia...the forsight an genius within...Amazing. I want some of the LSD those artist took.

Replies

• jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Spirited Away for me followed by Howl's Moving Castle
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    sorry double post
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

I don't care how geeky this makes me, but I love Hayao Miyazaki films!

This one is probably not the best of all time, but I love it: The Triplets of Bellville. The animations is spectacular and the old lady and dog are so cute!
    Warning: This film is very "slow" and is French, so if you cannot handle subtitles or slow-paced films then I would not recommend it to you.
    Here is a trailer for it from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_LRQ6d9wdc&feature=related
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Yes, yes. I realise that's a live-action/animation, but it's still animated! :drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Dumbo the Great!

(the great what?)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Dumbo the Great!

(the great what?)

BWAHAHAAH I just watched this with my son.

Let me add another....Nightmare Before Christmas....if you dont love the vision of Tim Burton, somehting is wrong.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My first animated film that I remember seeing was Bambi. But having some background in 3D animation, I am drawn to Pixar Studios. That said, I like Wall-E the best. I think it was kind of genius how it was put together in a way that the characters interact with each other with little or no dialog and still told a story.
  • jrhstarlight
    Options

I don't care how geeky this makes me, but I love Hayao Miyazaki films!

This one is probably not the best of all time, but I love it: The Triplets of Bellville. The animations is spectacular and the old lady and dog are so cute!
    Warning: This film is very "slow" and is French, so if you cannot handle subtitles or slow-paced films then I would not recommend it to you.
    Here is a trailer for it from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_LRQ6d9wdc&feature=related

That is a really good one :) I also love Mary and Max for claymation.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Are we talking 2D or 3D animated films?
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Lady and the Tramp.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Agreed, absolutely beautiful films :)
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Alice in Wonderland. It's always been my favourite.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have to go with Fantasia...the forsight an genius within...Amazing. I want some of the LSD those artist took.

Agreed! Obsessively watched this as a child - my parents started getting seriously concerned.

Also love the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and the Toy Story trilogy. Along with the technological achievements they all made, they told great stories without live acting being involved.
  • kjuncoonazz
    kjuncoonazz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Alice in wonderland is the best. I must say that working at the job I am in sometimes I feel like Ive fallen into the rabbit hole and Im surrounded by characters.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Lets see... best animated movie of all time? Wow.. thats like asking if either the chicken or egg came first, or if fishes dream of the surface world.. but I digress.

Evry few years there are amazing works of art that completely blow other stuff out of the water. Disney Animation Studios are one of the most influential compaines around, due to their commitment to making timeless cartoons that never fade into the dust. I mean, look at Snow White. The cartoons for the 1930's were black and white and had crude detail. Then by the 1940's (1937) Snow White was in color with animation styles that STILL look good in 2012. So, its safe to say that Disney is the best animation companies around, producing quality film before anyone else.

Moving forward, I would have to group my favorite animated movies of all time together and let them battle it out in an all out war: Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, All Dogs go to Heaven, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland, Miyazaki's Spirited away and Howl's Moving Castle, Tripletts of Bellville, The Magician, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Aladdin, We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story, The Lion King...uh... I really cant think of any other movies, so I cant say for sure.. edit: The Adventures of Tin Tin

But out of that pile, the one that wins my vote, I believe, just because I am sure not many people know what it is and most people look at me funny when I say it is Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. That movie spawned a whole new kind of adventure for me at an early age, and introduced me to my love of flying.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Best animated film I’ve seen…..
    --I also love all of Hayao Miyazaki’s films =D But with the mention of Anime movies…. I recently watched 5 Centimeters Per Second (which is a very beautiful love story), and it has very beautiful animation too. It reminded me of a dream.