What are you currently working on?

Options
I was looking at all projects on the finished one and was wondering what everyone was working on and if it was for a present or for yourself.
This I'm making for my grandma and I'm a little bit further on it now than it was when this pic was taken but it's seriously taking forever and I'm so glad at this point it isn't for me. lol I'm getting bored with the colors and staring at it for so long. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27207480@N07/6482184751/

Ok here's the link. I'm not sure yet how to post pics so I'll go find out and be back. lol

6482184751_f59da4f098.jpg
IMAG1086 by militarygoody05, on Flickr

Replies

• Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I was looking at all projects on the finished one and was wondering what everyone was working on and if it was for a present or for yourself.
    This I'm making for my grandma and I'm a little bit further on it now than it was when this pic was taken but it's seriously taking forever and I'm so glad at this point it isn't for me. lol I'm getting bored with the colors and staring at it for so long. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27207480@N07/6482184751/

Ok here's the link. I'm not sure yet how to post pics so I'll go find out and be back. lol

6482184751_f59da4f098.jpg
    IMAG1086 by militarygoody05, on Flickr

Oooooooo, it's beautiful! Looks absolutely wonderful. Nicely done!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    such nice work and pretty colors. :)
  • dmcDeana
    Options
    Love the colors! Just beautiful :)
  • buzzbug
    buzzbug Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow! I bet she will love that!

I am currently crocheting a hat for my roommate :happy:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Currently? Not a thing. lol
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love entrelac!!! That looks great.

I just recently (yesterday) plotted out all my projects for 2012.

1. Baby afghan for a friend that's due in May
    2. Afghan for my cousin that's getting married in June
    3. Hats for my two friends that are getting married in July
    4. Afghan for my college roommate (this has been put off for years)
    5. Christmas tree skirt for my church's Christmas tree

Hopefully I'll be able to make myself some things in between... I'm casting on a scarf for myself tonight!
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That sounds great. I'm still only a little bit further than halfway done with that. I've already been working on it a month. So judging by my slow abilities I'm going to be starting on christmas for next year pretty much as soon as I'm done with this one. lol. For the last few years I've wanted to make my mother and father in law a tree skirt as well as mine and my mom. Do you have a pattern in mind already? Will it be knit or crocheted?
  • Mustangsally1000
    Options
    I've got a pattern for a Christmas tree skirt that I would love to make. I just think it's beyond my capabilities. I'm left handed..
    and I knit left handed. Don't think I can make this one work.
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of a new knitter so I didn't realize that patterns for leftys and rightys were different. I say get some cheap yarn and try it out. lol You may surprise yourself.
    I've got a pattern for a Christmas tree skirt that I would love to make. I just think it's beyond my capabilities. I'm left handed..
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I've just started crocheting (have been knitting for years) and am working on a ripply blanket from the Crocheting for Dummies book. I'm doing it in bright colours though - I think it's going to be useful as it gets pretty cold in my new house!
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My main project now is a "mystery" afghan I started a couple years ago at my old knit shop. We would have a once a month "class" where we worked on a different yarn in this one pattern. I made it even more different by also doing a different pattern each section, though usually the fancy yarns end up being just straight knit or garter pattern. I'm about halfway through it and I hope that this will get me back in the swing of things, knitting-wise.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Options
    I'm sort of a new knitter so I didn't realize that patterns for leftys and rightys were different. I say get some cheap yarn and try it out. lol You may surprise yourself.

They don't make left handed patterns. Soooo, for instance, a pair of mittens, if I make the left one, I get a right one, when I follow
    the directions for the right one, I get a left one. Right side of a cardigan I get a left. It can be a problem for some things.......
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am curerntly working on a double-knittied throw. That is taking most my time. I have a dishcloth to finish along with a handbag (for which I've lost interest).
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am curerntly working on a double-knittied throw. That is taking most my time. I have a dishcloth to finish along with a handbag (for which I've lost interest).

Whoa. That's dedication. I did a double-knit scarf and it took FOREVER.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a yoda hat.
  • raisydaisy
    raisydaisy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started knitting in November and so mostly have just done scarfs, a couple of hats and a few pairs of fingerless mitts. I have just started my first item of actual clothing and am knitting a cardigan for my sister =D
  • emberin
    emberin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm:
    knitting hats on the treadmill for charity
    Socks, socks, socks
    Stranded color work vest that has (gasp) steeks
    Finish throw that I started for the new house
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's beautiful! I love the colors...
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Have you done steeks before? I'm of Norwegian descent and I've always been intrigued with the process. I guess I'm a bit intimidated. Please post it when you are finished or even in the middle. I'd love to see it! I'm working on a shawl made up of many smaller units. Also, I'm an art quilter and I'm working on those as well...
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have some projects I need to finish, and some I suppose I should start... but for now I'm making myself a scarf, hat, and wrist warmers... Like I don't already have enough! lol. But oh well, i love these colors! I'll post a pic of the finished product.