I went to Wal Mart and...

Options
some random shopper asked me to grab the last item on the shelf - that had been pushed all the way back - because she couldn't reach it.

Anyone else have random or interesting stories where your height has been useful or handy?

:)

Replies

• hiswifetheirmommy
    hiswifetheirmommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This happens to me ALL the time at the grocery store. I guess I tend to shop early in the morning when little old ladies shop and I am always being asked to grab something off the top shelf.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love when the shelf is empty but I see a whole box of what I need on the very top shelf & I can reach it haha. I love helping the little old ladies/men, I know they appreciate it
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    some random shopper asked me to grab the last item on the shelf - that had been pushed all the way back - because she couldn't reach it.

Anyone else have random or interesting stories where your height has been useful or handy?

:)

same thing happenedtoo me a older lady asked me to grab her something from the top shelf n it was at a walmart too
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That happens alot. The one vivid moment I remember is when I was in my math class, and two teachers were trying to get this bin off the top shelf and they come into the class and my teacher was like "whose tall enough in this class to help us?", and of course everybody looked at quiet ol' me. LOL! It embarrassed me then, but I laugh about it now. :laugh:
  • marciasauls
    marciasauls Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It happens to me all the time, too. I work parttime at Target. Guess who takes care of the top shelves? :laugh:
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That happens all the time. I was at my best friend's wedding, and her whole family is very short, the tallest one of the men is 5'2" I think. I always feel like a giant around them! They were trying to set up the chuppah and I was the only one tall enough to reach the top, so I stood there feeling like an Amazon holding pieces while they all worked around me like hobbits!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I can reach the highest part on the white boards at work, so I never have to start over from scratch when I am doing demonstrations since no one else is tall enough to erase it. Ha!
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This happens to me at work on a daily basis (I work at a pet store) - I can't help but wonder if it's why they hired me...