Sports?

Options
Welcome to this sexy group!

Wondering what you guys played in school or still play for fun? I look forward to seeing you all back on the court/ice/deck/bench soon!

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    X-country skiing, snowboarding, soccer, running, martial arts, body building (Ms. Fitness type thing).

I'm hoping to join a soccer group this summer. Get back to my glory days!!
  • onedaystrong
    Options
    Swimmer, gymnast and cheerleader!
  • gmpearson
    gmpearson Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    High School: Swimming and Track
    College: Swimming

42 yrs old, now back to running routinely (just ran a 5K race last weekend in 23:57) and I am planning on getting back in the pool in the next 2 weeks. I had to build up to swimming (sounds odd), but I knew that if I hit the pool without some conditioning, I would mentally think I could knock out 3,000 yards right from the start. At least now I am in the routine of running and weight/circuit training 5 days a week, so I should be able to swim a few laps :wink:
  • m_mackin
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome.
  • glamazon81
    glamazon81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was all-state basketball in high school. I am wanting to get back in shape enough to play again. I really miss it. I couldn't even run up and down the court once now...lol.
  • belgianal
    Options
    I was a competitive swimmer for 14 years through college.
  • ngrassi
    ngrassi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    High School : Wrestling, Track and Football
    College: Football

I really never got out of hand per say, but i was a 250 pound fullback that needed to save his knee's. I am 23 years old and have only been out a few years. I now coach football and baseball and still want to be capable of everything that I teach (including conditioning).
  • eatlessnmovemore
    eatlessnmovemore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    High school: Football, wrestling, track/field (shot put)
    College: Football (offensive tackle)
    Post-collegiate: Hiking, rock climbing, canoeing guide
    Current: High school teacher who bikes, hikes, paddles, swims, plays paintball

A decade of being inside teaching, starting a family, and taking on many other more sedentary challenges has taken its toll. Old, poor habits have returned, and the 4000-6000 calories/day, carefree diet that used to sustain my activity is now weighing me down.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    High School football and track! 6 years of college and a desk job added about 100lbs on what used to be a very toned and fit frame.