Color Run Chicago

Options
I've got a fitness goal that anyone can do. You have five months to get yourself in 5K shape. Join my wife and I on June 9th here:

http://thecolorrun.com/chicago/

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I saw this run before and getting a few friends to sign up for it--it looks like a lot of colorful fun and no pressure since its not a timed race :)
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think a friend and I are going to do it!
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i might do it as well. I wish it was a half marathon tho!
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've got a fitness goal that anyone can do. You have five months to get yourself in 5K shape. Join my wife and I on June 9th here:

http://thecolorrun.com/chicago/

This sounds like a lot of fun - do you know what charity benefits?
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Sent the link to DH, will see if he's interested. We need to get some 5k's on our plate to motivate through this cold *kitten* weather! Thanks for posting!
  • jimthix10
    Options
    I'm not sure what charity is benefiting from the race this year. I don't think it is announced yet actually.

For those in the western part of the state there is a 5K at the Dutch Days Festival in Fulton, IL (right along the Mississippi) on May 5th.

Another one I really want to do is the Race to Wrigley 5K. It is sometime in April but it's TBA at this point. The race ends at Wrigley.
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    A fun one I recently heard about for those people in far south western suburbs, Warrior Dash at Dollinger Farm in Chanahon, IL. Someone at my chiropractors office completed it last year - obstacles, mud, hosed off by firemen at the end! :laugh:
  • jimthix10
    Options
    I looked on the website last night and it appears the Chicago Color Run has been rescheduled to June 2nd.
  • snowdriftlmk
    Options
    I would like to do this but I have no idea how to train, at all...and I"m not a runner...and I have a bad knee...

But I would love to make this a starting point for doing this kind of thing. Does anyone have any advice for me so I can do this? Please send me a PM, if possible. Thanks!
  • Gigito140
    Options
    I am from a small town in Illinois. Walnut if anyone has heard of it. I am roughly 30 miles south of Sterling, Rockfalls. We have a 5k every year during our 4th of July festival. We do support a charity but at the moment I can't think of it. My son and I did this last year together for the first time. It really is a good feeling to help people and have fun. I will see if I can find a website for the event. Our towns 4th is usually called Hometown Celebration...I will see what I can do. The fireworks every year are wonderful as well. We have a ton of people from all over drive down just for that. Plus the beer garden of course...always good times.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    looking forward to signing up!!! Seems as though they have registration opening tomorrow!! :)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I am so going to do this!!! it looks so fun
  • msisis12
    Options
    I'm registered for this run and I'm so excited to be covered in colors when I finish!! :smile:
  • ltlemermaid
    Options
    I would like to do this but I have no idea how to train, at all...and I"m not a runner...and I have a bad knee...

But I would love to make this a starting point for doing this kind of thing. Does anyone have any advice for me so I can do this? Please send me a PM, if possible. Thanks!

Couch to 5K (C25K) is a great running program for beginners. You go at your own pace so feel free to repeat days as needed.

I signed up for the color run before they "sold out" now waiting to see if they open it back up so I can complete my team!!
  • LexieSweetheart
    Options
    wish it wasn't sold out
  • ltlemermaid
    Options
    keep an eye out on the registration site they may open up more spots...I added myself to the email for notification since I still need 1 of my friends to be able to sign up to complete my team!! I'm hoping they open it back up soon!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for this run and super excited!!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am slated to do the Color Run on June 2nd! I tried to make a team but only three of us signed up. My daily workout is usually a 5k+ (I try to run 3-4 miles a day) so I think I am prepared, but my two 'teammates' are not runners whatsoever...haha oh well, I am doing it for fun!
  • LexieSweetheart
    Options
    The color run will be here again on OCT 14. registration begins Monday