How to stop overeating nuts/raw sweets

So, I'm trying to transition and am eating raw plus cooked vegetables. I find that I am still craving sweets (just started about a week ago) and overeat the yummy nut-based raw sweets I've found at Whole Foods.

How do you deal with this? I'm afraid that I'm sabatoging my own success.

Thanks.

Replies

• I did this last week, it was like raw vegan pies and cakes and puddings EVERY night. I was hitting over my calorie limit almost every time. I decided to do a detox this week and so far I haven't had any cravings; I'm hoping that by the end of the week I'll be craving sweet fruits more than sweet desserts. Because you're transitioning, I think it should be okay to still eat that stuff, maybe just try to decrease your intake slowly. Or even try to have half of what you would normally eat and then have a piece of sweet fruit on the side.
  • Thanks for the advice. I guess compared to what I was eating a few weeks ago, this is still a great improvement. I'll focus on decreasing quantity over time.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    A lot of the raw reading I've done really encourages you to eat whatever you want while transitioning - with the idea that your body will sort of figure it out and your wants will change over time.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to lose weight because my body and I don't always make the best decisions. In my experience doing some sort of cleanse has been helpful in resetting my palate. As long as you are still watching your calories and getting enough nutrients I say stick with the delicious goodies from time to time. My favorite thing to keep in the cupboard are the Hail Merry macaroons. They are amazing and raw goodness.
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    I know this post is old but I thought I would share some info for any future people asking the same question.

Craving nuts,seeds, avocado and other overt fats means your brain is searching out calorically dense foods. Good indication that you have not eaten enough and should re-think limiting your calories. Save your fats till dinner time and fill up during the day with lots of fruit and tender leafy greens. If your eating enough fruity calories during the day you won't be craving fats and loading up on them.