tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Suzette
    How old are you? 32-almost
    Where do you come from? Colorado!!
    How tall are you? 5'7" on a good day
    Are you married? very
    Where do you live? Colorado
    Do you have any children? 4-two of mine (one of each) and 2 of his (also one of each)
    What do you do in your spare time? sleep, read,
    What sports do you like? Football!
    Do you have a car? uh-family car and broken car lol
    What's your favourite film? despicable me
    What's your job? mommy
    Do you have any pets? 3labs
    What kind of music do you like? most kinds
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? Super supportive! My hubby has changed his eating to help me
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? it used to be stress, prayer helps w that. i love sweets!
    Do you have a calling? yes, don't remember its title. We put together baby clothes for unwed mothers.
    Do you have a testimony you would like to share? That the Lord loves each of us, and the more we follow his commandments the more he blesses us!
  • anchorageb2
    anchorageb2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome Suzette

That is a really nice calling and a very surprising one too. Is it for a shelter as a missionary service?
    I Hope it would be gathering clothes for any age child with a single parent. In our ward they had to be baptized into the church after the birth of the child. If they are still members they have to get married or give the child to LDS social services or be excommunicated. I know with me after I almost died and the doctor kept trying to talk me into abortion I was not gonna give my baby up so I got married. ( at the time I did not know you could get re-baptized and thought it was denying the Holy ghost not to take one of the options) I was even asked to read and watch talks given by the prophet with explanations to why those were the options given to me by the bishop. I remind myself everyday Heavenly father intended me to marry this man knowing I would not give up my baby I fought so hard for.

It would be nice to hear your testimonies as you continue your calling. I know they are going to need all they help they can get.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi! It is sort of community outreach program. I live in a very small ward and fortunately we do not have any unwed mothers-to-be. We have single parents, but they are recent coverts that have kids. :smile: I am also a recent convert, I am about 7 months old, as me and one of my other friends who is a convert term it! LOL! I am thrilled that I finally found the true church! I had spent my whole adult life looking. I liked some things about one church and some about others, but nobody had all the information. Ironically I have been married to a man (for 3 years) that was raised Mormon, but had stepped away from the church for almost 20 years, he found his inspiration to re-aquaint himself when I started the lessons. I feel so lucky to have him! He is so kind and giving!
  • draayer7
    draayer7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Tara
    How old are you? 34
    Where do you come from? Utah
    How tall are you? 5'6
    Are you married? Yes
    Where do you live? Utah
    Do you have any children? Yes, 5
    What do you do in your spare time? Scrapbook, photography, spending time with family and friends and now...the gym!
    What sports do you like? NASCAR, baseball and watching my kids play soccer.
    Do you have a car? Yes...a few.
    What's your favorite film? Sweet Home Alabama
    What's your job? Tax Examiner at IRS.
    Do you have any pets? Yes, 2 dogs and two cats.
    What kind of music do you like? Everything
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? Noisy but very supportive!
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? Emotions. Chips, candy (at least I did...been a bit since I have)
    Do you have a calling? No, just recently (as of September) starting going back. Have been MIA for about 20 years. I have never been happier and closer to God in my life.

So excited to find those of my faith on here! I look forward to being a part of this group! :)
  • trudyfilbert
    Options
    What's your name? Trudy
    How old are you? 64
    Where do you come from? Indiana
    How tall are you? 4'9"
    Are you married? widowed
    Where do you live? Indiana
    Do you have any children? 6
    What do you do in your spare time? Tutor and geneaology
    What sports do you like? football
    Do you have a car? yes
    What's your favourite film? too many to mention
    What's your job? retired
    Do you have any pets? yes a little Morkey "Mr. O"
    What kind of music do you like? rock and roll
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? supportave
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? potato chips
    Do you have a calling? Visiting Teacher Supervisor
    Do you have a testimony you would like to share: I believe with all my heart that Jesus is the Christ and that the Book Of Mormon is true. I have been a member for 45 years and served in many callings that have let me serve my church family. Supported my Bishop husband for many years and tried to teach my children and now my grandchildren. What blessings this life has given me.
  • trudyfilbert
    Options
    I go to the Chicago Temple often........
  • rosebayer
    rosebayer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Rose Bayer
    How old are you? 19
    Where do you come from? I was born and raised in Hermiston, OR
    How tall are you? 5'4" or 5'5"... I get conflicting answers when people measure me lol
    Are you married? nope
    Where do you live? Rexburg, Idaho
    Do you have any children? nope
    What do you do in your spare time? I love outdoor activities
    What sports do you like? (dare I say it) I LOVED cheerleading in high school (yes, I consider it a sport), and I like distance running.
    Do you have a car? nope
    What's your favourite film? A Beautiful Mind
    What's your job? Student
    Do you have any pets? not allowed to until I get married or leave BYU - Idaho
    What kind of music do you like? I'm not sure what it's called... I have my own style of music I guess...
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? I live with roommates and they still try to feed me high calorie foods and when I do they're like "FINALLY, SHE'S EATING!"
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? When I get stressed out I stop eating and then that evening I binge... I usually go for Bugles, Cheetos, Jarritos soda, blueberry glazed doughnuts, oh I need to stop this lol
    Do you have a calling? Relief Society Teacher - I just got this calling so I'm a little nervous haha
    Do you have a testimony you would like to share? I joined this church 2 years ago and it has and continues to change my life for the better.
  • anchorageb2
    Options
    Welcome Tara, Trudy and Rose.
    We are glad to have you as well. :)
  • Spriggan
    Options
    What's your name? Liz
    How old are you? 43
    Where do you come from? UK
    How tall are you? 5' 8''
    Are you married? No
    Where do you live? UK (Cornwall)
    Do you have any children? No
    What do you do in your spare time? Watch TV, Surf the net
    What sports do you like? None
    Do you have a car? No
    What's your favourite film? Currently any animated ones - Ice Age, Shrek etc.,
    What's your job? Currently a school cleaner
    Do you have any pets? Yes a dog and two cats
    What kind of music do you like? pop
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? very relaxed :-)
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? greasy/pastry/fish'n'chips/pastie (proper pasty not factory made)
    Do you have a calling? Not at the moment
    Do you have a testimony you would like to share? I believe the church is true - too many things happened for it not to be.

Formerly Morgawr now known as Spriggan.
  • anchorageb2
    Options
    Thanks Liz for keeping us in the loop. :) I take it the other account gave you some troubles. I hope this one does better for you . :)
  • karematt
    karematt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen to you and your hubby/ best friend who I am figuring is matt.

Matthews is our last name. My hubby is Dan.

It's so fun to have a support system of Latter Day Saints.

ALSO!! we found out last week that we're PREGNANT!!!!!!!! :) baby #1 for us... and (s)he's due in October
  • lalvey82
    Options
    What's your name? Lynn
    How old are you? 51 on Feb 16th
    Where do you come from? Layton, Utah
    How tall are you? 6' 1"
    Are you married? yes
    Where do you live? Layton, Utah
    Do you have any children? 5 daughters, 1 son, 5 grandchildren:heart:
    What do you do in your spare time? read, bike, run
    What sports do you like? Training for a triathlon, have been bike commuting to work for 3 years
    Do you have a car? My wife uses it
    What's your favourite film? no
    What's your job? Computer Technician
    Do you have any pets? 1 dog
    What kind of music do you like? classical, country, mostly background instrumental
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? My family is very supportive and encourage me. I have already lost 28 pounds before finding MyFitnessPal.
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? boredom and anything sweet
    Do you have a calling? My wife and I teach Valiant 10 in Primary.
    Do you have a testimony you would like to share? I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus love us and are always there when we need them.
  • anchorageb2
    Options
    Matthews is our last name. My hubby is Dan

ALSO!! we found out last week that we're PREGNANT!!!!!!!! :) baby #1 for us... and (s)he's due in October

Congrats Karen! little tip: Breast feeding helps your uterus get back to shape faster and will help you loose any gained weight. :)

Welcome Lynn, A triathlon that is awesome. Oh and Happy Birthday!
  • mrsbarz
    mrsbarz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Helen
    How old are you? 42
    Where do you come from? Wales, UK
    How tall are you? 5ft 3inches
    Are you married? Yes, for 23 years
    Where do you live? I still live in Wales
    Do you have any children? Yes, 2 sons aged 22 & 20
    What do you do in your spare time? What spare time? Just kidding, I love to read and music
    What sports do you like? I'm in a wheelchair so don't get to do many sports. I love to watch rugby though.
    Do you have a car? Yes, a Peugot Partner
    What's your favourite film? Steel Magnolias
    What's your job? Communication Coach
    Do you have any pets? Yes, a cavalier king charles spaniel called Morgana
    What kind of music do you like? Lots of different kinds.
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? My family are very supportive, but can be a bit crazy at times.
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? Boredom...home made dairy free cakes
    Do you have a calling? I'm Faith in God leader with my hubby.
    Do you have a testimony you would like to share? I know that Jesus is my Saviour. Heavenly Father loves me and has blessed me with an amazing family. Only He knows why I'm made the way I am and I'm grateful for that.
  • Isnt2late4me
    Isnt2late4me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Evelyn
    How old are you? 54
    Where do you come from? Indiana
    How tall are you? 5' 4'
    Are you married? no. widowed
    Where do you live? Florida
    Do you have any children? 2 girls 1 boy (adults)
    What do you do in your spare time? craft, read
    What sports do you like? walking
    Do you have a car? Yes
    What's your favourite film? Don't have a favorite
    What's your job? homemaker
    Do you have any pets? a fish
    What kind of music do you like? all kinds
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? No one here to stand in my way except myself
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? sweets and popcorn
  • anchorageb2
    Options
    Welcome Evelyn and Helen!
  • mandascooby
    Options
    What's your name? Amanda
    How old are you? 21
    Where do you come from? Utah
    How tall are you? 5'4"
    Are you married? Nope
    Where do you live? Utah
    Do you have any children? Nope
    What do you do in your spare time? Read and write
    What sports do you like? None
    Do you have a car? Nope
    What's your favourite film? You've Got Mail
    What's your job? Sales Floor at Shopko
    Do you have any pets? Two cats, but they're not actually mine
    What kind of music do you like? Owl City
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? They keep buying sweets and it's killing me!
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? Chocolate
    Do you have a calling? Two. Relief Society Pianist, and ward YSA representative
  • heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Donna
    How old are you? 43
    Where do you come from? California
    How tall are you? 5'7"
    Are you married? Yes
    Where do you live? Oregon
    Do you have any children? 5
    What do you do in your spare time? Knit, Karate, Yell at the kids...
    What sports do you like? Karate
    Do you have a car? Yes
    What's your favourite film? Big Fish
    What's your job? SAHM
    Do you have any pets? Lots
    What kind of music do you like? most everything
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? My kids love to cook and bake all sorts of goodies - that is the hardest part of trying to lose weight!
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? Chocolate and peanut butter
    Do you have a calling? Primary president
  • Satyrakk
    Satyrakk Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Kerri
    How old are you? 41
    Where do you come from? Coloraod
    How tall are you? 5' 8"
    Are you married? very happily
    Where do you live? Colorado
    Do you have any children? FIVE!!
    What do you do in your spare time? um, what spare time? I have five kids....
    What sports do you like? outside stuff, hiking, camping, fishing
    Do you have a car? yep, a mini van, of course.
    What's your favourite film? ?
    What's your job? SAHM, but past life worked in mental health field
    Do you have any pets? 2 dogs, one cat, fish, and gerbil
    What kind of music do you like? Taylor Swift, Andy Grammar, Paul Cardill
    Whats your family like in general or towards your diet? Pretty supportive as long as I don't totally ban them from junk. My Hubby is working towards a healthier lifestyle, too.
    What makes you splurge on your diet and what do you reach for? Sweet and Salty. And being active LDS there are numerous temptations at every activity, have you noticed? Primary activity, Relief Society dinner, youth fireside, scouts...
    Do you have a calling? Sunbeams, Activity Girls, Assisstant Camp director, and Bishop's wife.
    Do you have a testimony you would like to share?
    The gospel is true. It has made and continues to make my life wonderful. I am thankful for my Savior and for the sacrifice He made for me.
  • demeter_42
    Options
    My name is Sarah, and I'm 31 years old, in Columbus, Ohio. I'm originally from California, though. I'm 5'4", single/never married, no kids, no pets.

In my spare time I'm involved in Toastmasters, writing, graphic design, and giving advice on MetaFilter. I also love camping and kayaking, and wish I did a lot more of both of them than I actually do.

Sports/activities that I like to participate in include kayaking, ice skating, hiking, walking in 5k races (I'm faster than some of the runners!) and other solo activities. I want to be involved in tennis, racquetball, etc., but it's hard to find anyone to play with.

The only sports I like to watch are dance, gymnastics, competitive cheerleading, and Ohio State football. I'll watch other college football when it's on - I root for Notre Dame, Army, Navy, Air Force, and BYU, more or less in that order. I grew up rooting for USC but they need to win my heart back after the travesty that was the 2000s.

Yes, I have a car. :)

I don't really have a single favorite film - I like the Lord of the Rings films, What Dreams May Come, the first Matrix, the first Pirates of the Caribbean, Life is Beautiful, Schindler's List, Star Trek and Star Wars generally, Chicago, etc. I often enjoy semi-mindless action films that violate basic principles of physics, but I was seriously insulted by, e.g., the fourth Indiana Jones film. Same goes for music - I don't really like modern jazz or a lot of modern country, but my MP3 player is filled with everything from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to the Monkees to Tupac to the Boston Pops and random BBC concerts.

I work as an analyst for the government, so I (alas) sit around too much.

My family is basically supportive, to the extent they know anything at all about what I'm doing. There are a lot of obesity-related health problems in my immediate family, and my stepdad is a Type II diabetic now, so the judging on food choices and the pressure to eat badly is definitely reduced from when I was a kid. But my mom won't drink anything but whole milk and has lots of candy out still, and is surprised when I suggest we make some healthy dishes along with the turkey and potatoes on Thanksgiving, so it's a mixed bag.

I'm very much a comfort eater of carbs. Not really the pure sweets - I have a box of candy oranges and a box of licorice on my desk and I eat maybe four orange slices a week, and 6 pieces of licorice. It's more about the refried beans, potatoes, fried tortilla chips, chocolate milk, etc.

I do not currently hold a calling - I actually struggle to get myself to church due to social anxiety. But I know the church is true, and I know that Heavenly Father is looking out for me and wants me to take care of my body and get healthy - probably much more than I do, to be honest! I'm very grateful for the support I've gotten from church members online and in my ward both with my health struggles and with keeping my testimony up despite everything that's going on in my life. I'm glad that the gospel is on the earth and helps people be better in every way; I don't think I can really quantify all the ways it's helped me.