Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

2/5/12 Check in

m1nky
m1nky Posts: 104 Member
Starting weight: 150
Week 1: 147
Week 2: 146
Week 3: 143.7
Week 4: 144
Week 5: out of town
Week 6: 142
Week 7: 142
Week 8: 141
Week 9: 140
Week 10: 141
Week 11: 138
Current weight: 137

Weight lost: -1lbs
Total lost: 13lbs

Last weeks challenge: Suck it up and get back to the gym three times this week.
Finished! I went to 4 classes but the instructor was sick so that only counts as three :)

This weeks challenge: FINISH STRONG!
Stay under my calorie goal for the week.
Make it to the gym four times (or videos at home).

Good luck guys!

Replies

• hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    Check in:
    starting weight: 251
    week 1: 247
    week 2: 242
    week 3: 239
    week 4: 235
    week 5: 231
    week 6: no weigh in
    week 7: 228
    week 8: 225
    week 9: 224
    week 10: 220
    week 11: 216
    week 12: 216
    weight lost this week : 0
    total loss: 35 lbs

I lost nothing this week but I was expecting that so I am ok with it. This week I am going to walk to uni every day and try to do some other exercise activity (even if it just the stationary bike) at least three times.

Congrats on your loss this week! I am excited to weigh in next week and see my total for this challenge I can't believe it is already feb!
  • m1nky
    My "loss" for this week is really only .2lbs but I usually hold off on about a pound every week to see if it actually sticks (for example, if I lose 2lbs I might only log 1 of them just in case the other is water weight/magic). It's still off this week plus the .2 so I'll count it. It's all mind games but I've found that adding weight to my weight loss ticker just depresses me. I think the giant weight loss last week was in part water weight left over from the end of my cycle so now it's all about maintaining the loss.

It's strange, I started this "journey" almost a year ago (March) and now that I'm back to a healthier bmi and weight I'm really nervous about attempting to maintain. If it was easy no one would need this web site to begin with! This challenge has been eye opening for me simply because I tend to ignore the small numbers. A .2lb loss is nothing and then I would get discouraged and either give up or stop caring. Keeping track of all the small numbers for multiple months has helped me see the larger number involved. It's all about perspective and I think mine is a little better now.

You might not have lost anything this week but you maintained your previous loss and that's saying something. 35lbs in three months is amazing! I hope the weather cooperates with you this week and you can get your walking in. It hasn't been above freezing here for over a week!
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    I am happy with keeping my loss off! The weather here is a bit miserable but it is liverpool I am used to the horrible windy rainy ness. I am excited to reach my goal weight but I have been thinking about what to do when I get there, my plan at the moment is to log my calories at the end of the day (as apposed to before i eat as i do now) so I am keeping an eye on my intake to see if I can trust myself to not log everything. Then once I trust myself a bit more my plan would be to stop logging but to continue to weigh once a week so I can make sure I don't just pile it all back on.
  • m1nky
    Your plan sounds like a very healthy approach - I think I'm going to use it too. I need to figure out how much I can eat during the day but also to ween myself from the website, not completely but so that I can eat healthily without needing it. "Slow and steady" and "baby steps" and all that.