Family weight loss

Ok, all you Christian ladies... I need some help here.
My husband and I are currently really struggling with our weight. I would really like to make small changes in our diet (i.e. cutting out white flour, sugar and processed food) . My husband is very stubborn and unwilling to give up anything. I am too easily influenced and wind up caving to covenience foods because I am tired and hungry at the end of the day. We have an 8 month old baby and we both work so week nights are very hard because I am so tired and hungry by the end of the day I feel like I could eat anything I can get my hands on. I don't want our child(ren) to grow up in a house where we eat junk and I definitely don't want my husband or I to keep making excuses. So, how do I ease our family into this life- changing process without totally tipping the boat over? Any help and tips would be appreciated.

ps.-- we also just bought a house and are going to have moving stresses soon, how do balance everything? Thanks for all the help in advance. Jesus loves you-- pass it on!

Replies

• I am brand new here too :) I am in a bit of the same boat. I am trying and my husband need to as well but isn't as enthusiastic ;) I have realized I can't change his heart only God can so I am praying that the Lord would make him see that our lifestyle isn't only unhealthy its unholy! I have really come to see that overeating and abusing our bodies isn't honouring to the Lord at all. Obviously I can't convict him of this only the Holy Spirit can.
    You can help by planning ahead though! Do you have a day where you could prep some healthier choices and keep them in the fridge? I know your time is limited with a baby (I have 5 kids I get it!) But a little prep will help a lot.
    I am also doing low carb and I am very , very rarely hungry. But I do think the number one thing is prayer.