Do you take weight-loss and/or vitamin supplements?

Options
ErinBEW
ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
Do you take weight-loss and/or vitamin supplements? What has worked for you? What hasn't?

Replies

• Jenniferrosesmyth
    Jenniferrosesmyth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't take diet drugs, but I do take vitamins that include b complex, vit d, ca, multivitamin, biotin (for hair health), and Fish oil.
  • Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I only take a multi-vitamin, and I sometimes have a protein shake as one of my snacks. I'm hyper-sensitive to caffeine and many weight-loss supps have lots of that in it.
  • ErinBEW
    Options
    I am dedicated to loosing weight cleanly, however I have thought of taking the One a Day Women's metabolism boost. I just don't know if it's worth it. :smile:
  • Ktbug613
    Ktbug613 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @erin- Im not sure how much the women's one a day does for your metabolism but it def gives you an all day energy boost which could allow you to work out harder and in turn loose a few extra lbs! But BEWARE if you have a sensitive stomach it contains a significant does of Iron which can cause nausea and even vomiting for some women, especially on an empty stomach. so make sure you eat a good sized meal before taking it.
  • meredithashton
    meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was taking a whole bunch of vitamin and mineral supplements and 'cleanses' for a while (a long time ago), but I wasn't thrilled with any of them and frankly a lot of them made me sick to my stomach (even when I took them with a small meal). So I decided to lose weight the natural way and just try to do it on my own. I am only trying to lose 10 lbs now (and really tone) and I recently cut caffeine and I haven't felt better! The only thing I do take daily is a multi-vitamin (the gummy kind, of course!). If anyone has found anything that's worked for them, I would be very interested to learn about it!

I love learning everyone's workout/nutrition/supplement secrets! I'll share one of mine....Shirataki noodles! Anyone into these? They are 0 calorie noodles that I use in stirfry with vegetables and sauce to take the place of regular noodles. They are very filling. Some people say that they can replace pasta, which is an absolute lie! They are only good in Asian-esque dishes and they remind me of firmer rice noodles. If you are OPEN-MINDED and like stirfrying I would give them a try.
    Here's the link for them on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Noodle-Shirataki-7-Ounce-Packages/dp/B004CLCEDE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323454662&sr=8-1

Anyone else have any secrets? :tongue:

~Meredith <3
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I take a cranberry pill (can't stand the juice, and don't want to get the honeymoon disease), and a one-a-day vitamin. If I'm feeling saddened, I'll take a lot of Niacin (it's phenomenal flush-free).
    To up my protein, I will add a protein shake after my weight training. That's about it.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I try to take a multivitamin and biotin every day but it doesn't always work out perfectly.
  • marine_wife0520
    Options
    I take a "Super B" Vitamin, cranberry pills, and biotin.
  • MizuOki
    MizuOki Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I take the GNC Active multi-vitamin. It's the only I've been able to take & not get sick.
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I tried diet pills a couple years ago and they didn't do anything. Now I just take vitamins...not everyday since I forget lol.
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @erin- Im not sure how much the women's one a day does for your metabolism but it def gives you an all day energy boost which could allow you to work out harder and in turn loose a few extra lbs! But BEWARE if you have a sensitive stomach it contains a significant does of Iron which can cause nausea and even vomiting for some women, especially on an empty stomach. so make sure you eat a good sized meal before taking it.

I might have to try these! I'm anemic and need the iron, so this could be a really good thing for me. Thanks for mentioning these!
  • orionling
    orionling Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I take a Women's one-a-day active metabolism vitamin
  • ErinBEW
    Options
    I take a Women's one-a-day active metabolism vitamin

How do you like it? Do you think it's helping you loose weight? Do you think you have more energy throughout the day?

- Erin
  • LexxyV
    LexxyV Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I take the GNC women's green pack... I also like the gummy vitamins for adults :) easy to take versus pills.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife products. Healthy Meal shakes, Multivitamin, Herbal Tea, Total Control, Cell Activator, Celluloss, Aminogen, Thermobond, and protein bars. I lost 31 lbs using the products last year and then fell in love and gained the weight back. Lol. I'm back at it again and feeling great.

Brittany
    Fort Carson
  • msbonniemarie
    msbonniemarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take prenatal vitamins... have since my first pregnancy. They have all the things a once a day womans has, plus extra B, iron, and folic acid... which make my hair shiny and grow fast and my nails. lol
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil, vit d & c, biotin and vit b12. No diet pills though. I do occasionally supplement protein as well.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I take prenatal vitamins... have since my first pregnancy. They have all the things a once a day womans has, plus extra B, iron, and folic acid... which make my hair shiny and grow fast and my nails. lol
    I've never even been pregnant but still take a prenatal. I take prenatal one from Rainbow Light I was talking to my doctor about a few different issues I have and she recommended I start taking a prenatal so I did some research and this one is food based so the high level of minerals are less likely to cause constipation and other issues and it also has a lot of good probiotics which also help. I probably end up taking it about 4 times a week, I leave it in my desk at work (in the snack drawer) so it never gets taken on weekends and there is usually at least one day I am so busy I don't open my snack drawer. My dr. also said when I do get pregnant it will be great that I am already taking a prenatal since the folic acid is especially crucial during the first 3-6 weeks of pregnancy when you don't necessarily know you are pregnant.
  • blackjacksbaby
    blackjacksbaby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did herbalife before I had kids, and honestly, i lost weight, i just couldn't afford it. So I'm doing the small package of body by vi. I tend to be one of the two extremes, I'm starving all day and overeat, or i'm not hungry at all ad have to force myself. So I do the body by vi, because i'd rather have a consistent drink than eat.
  • jcaballero0725
    Options
    I use Advocare products. For me, they have worked phenomenally. I do exercise daily and have a pretty clean diet, but they helped me break through my plateau. Maybe it's also mental when you are taking supplements you want to work harder to get better results? I don't know but I love them!