Weekly Goals Part Deux

Options
Hey All,
I dunno if these were helpful to set last week-I did not do amazing last week, though pretty well, so I will try again-and keep at it until I get it right :)
Sooo, this week:
Monday, Wednesday, Saturday run 35 minutes (I am on my fifth week of progressive minute increases)
Tuesday, Thursday Masters swim and spin
Friday masters swim
Sunday swim.
I think these were the same as last week's...I will be working many more hours at work this week, so the goal is to eat right and keep the workouts high and try not to kill anyone :P
What are your goals?

Replies

• chrisja2
    Options
    Strength work in the gym x 2 days
    Coached swimming wednesday night
    Start running again to test if my adductor injury is on the way out!
    Commute to work as per usual, even in this snow.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Monday: 90 min Bike
    Tuesday: 60 min Swim, Weights
    Wednesday: 60 min Bike, 40 min Run
    Thursday: 60 min Swim, Weights
    Friday: Off Day
    Saturday: 120 min Bike, 45 min Swim
    Sunday: 120 min Run

Less volume this week but more ineterval sessions. Should be enjoyable!
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    These all look great!
    Drudoo, do you recommend changing up the workouts a bit each week?
    And, do you do the "brick" sequentially in one training session or one session twice a day?
    Also, I might amend my goal to accommodate my shinsplints-so I might do elliptical on Wednesday and cross country ski on Saturday. Also, I forgot it is February and I am supposed to add back weight training, so that will either happen after the spin or with the elliptical (if I do it instead of the run).
    Happy training everyone!
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My workouts tend to have 2 weeks of high volume, then 1 week of interval training. Then the volume goes up and the intervals become longer with more repetitions. It has worked wonders for me.

I typically will take some sort of break in between workouts most days unless it specifically calls for a brick session. So to answer you question, yes I complete bricks in one session. Wednesday is my brick workout for the week.

Hope I helped! Get those shinsplits stretched out!