Waving Hello!

Options
Simona38
Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
Hi...Im from Toronto. In North York actually.

Hope everyone's enjoying this fantastic weather we're having! It's November [Movember for all you men out there] and we're still hitting double digit temps!!! Woohoo!

Replies

• stoofers
    Options
    HI! I'm from Mississauga! The weather has been really great, agreed!
  • bkg1965
    Options
    Well since they didn't have a Bradford group ;) I thought I'd stop by here. First day on this site....LOVE it and I think I'm already addicted to tracking everything...LOL
    Anyway, Hi everyone :)

B
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    No Kleinburg/Woodbridge group either so here I am.

Hello everyone! Glad this group exists.
  • mcdomi
    mcdomi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Michelle, live in downtown Toronto, and I'm on a mission to make this the last time I have to lose weight EVER!!

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated with messages of support! Also, if anyone would like to go to a yoga class or walk together, let me know!

Good luck on your weight loss journeys!
    Michelle
  • mcdomi
    mcdomi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    53lbs lost?! Incredible achievement, well done!!!
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    Im in toronto North york, highpark area... I think I posted in the wrong area a few days ago -.-
    it would be cool to do some sort of walking/running meetup!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I live in the Annex.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm in Newmarket but hoping to move to Toronto within the next year! Hello everyone!
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im in Oshawa....so not totally 'Toronto' but I am in there all time. Grew up there...and will possibly be living there again soon.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I live in the Yonge & Eglinton area of Toronto. Good to see so many "GTA-ers" here.
  • TOgal
    TOgal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Junction/High Park here, mom to 2 little ones with 35 lb to lose :)
  • sabalore
    Options
    I'm in Whitby (Hi Oshawa! ;) - but work and spend a lot of time playing in Toronto. Planning on moving downtown within the next 6 or so months!
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    HI all! I'm from Oshawa too :) But will always be a Toronto girl at heart, I grew up there! :)

Wishing everyone and myself good luck and keep motivated!!! :) We can do this!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I just realized I never said hi - or at least not in the main thread. Hello from Markham! *I work in the Financial District of Toronto.
  • thehollister
    Options
    Hey ;)

I currently live in the GTA - but I move around a lot. Which is one of my "reasons I need to loose weight" excuses! Going out to meet new friends, and spending time in hotels is hard on the waist.
    Hoping to stay in and around the gta for a few years- so NO MORE EXCUSES.
    I just turned 28, married 2 years in May and would love to drop 50/60 lbs

Friend requests welcome! Good luck everyone.
  • mw00087
    mw00087 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Mike, I am 23 and i'm from England!
    Just spent the last 9 months in Toronto and loved it! - Even ran the Toronto Marathon!
    I am back home in Eng. to finish my degree then moving back 2 Tdot on July 3rd!

I set up a business in Canada, so it's gunna be a big year this year, however I know if i dnt get in shape, however successful the business becomes, I won't be happy! So... here I am!

Anyway... Hello everyone!!!! (add me as a friend)
  • chastityp22
    chastityp22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

My name is Chas and I'm 35.

I live in Toronto (North York) but work in Scarborough. I have a 4 1/2 year old and work full time. With the busy schedule, I find it hard to do all the mommy things and find time to work out. I got screwed over by a fitness gym and decided to stick with my Wii Fit.
    I am looking to lose +80 lbs but I understand it will take a while to lose that much. I'd love to find some new friends to do some kid friendly / schedule friendly activities to get moving!

Glad to find a group for Torontonians (GTA'rs and Torontophiles included).

Go Toronto! We can do it!

Add me!
  • anthearyan
    anthearyan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Just joined MFP and this group. I live around Neilson and Sheppard. I have gained a LOT of weight since have 2 children in the past two years and have tried everything to take it off. I have struggled with m weight ALL of my life. I have been thin, fat, thin, fat, fat, fat and fat. I am hoping to connect with people on MFP that will help motivate and encourage me.
  • Pir8Rav
    Pir8Rav Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mississauga here.

Looking for late night coffee for laughs and chat let me know.
    Im inching towords my goal.
    I get its a marthon - and a marathon of making better choices that gets you there..

I've always liked me, big, small, and i dig people who dig themselves too.

If you're local - and do Goodlife - im looking for squash players for casual play after 9pm couple nights a week as a cardio replacement activity.

• capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from Bloor/Ossington area.

I've just joined MFP. I've always had a problem with my weight and having an underactive thryroid hasn't helped. I've tried fad diets and lost weight but as everyone knows the pounds creep back eventually.

I'd like to connect with people here that can motivate and encourage me and I'll do the same for them.