RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    So far:

untitled-4-1.jpg
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    -I will make it to the gym at minimum 3 days a week
    -Force myself to learn resistance machines, I can't lose all this weight doing cardio alone
    -stay within my calorie limits and be honest on my journal
    -cut down to 2 cups of coffee a day
    -Drink my water
    -Stay off the scale other than once a week

ugh.. same stuff I had to do when just starting.. it sucks getting of track and getting back on the wagon.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    January was tough but I've been back on track!! I can't wait for Feb 6th to start having support and people to share this journey helps so much!! :drinker: I have not had any alcohol the month of January I can't waste the calories but I will also not eat any high calorie junk this month either. I will also cut back my coffee intake my main weakness!!

goals

1. not to go over 1500 cals a day
    2.up my water intake from 72oz a day to 96oz a day
    3. workout at least 6 days a week
    4. two cups of coffee a day ( Stay away from Starbucks or try like crazy)

Coffee is my weakness too, although I only drink it at home I drink nearly 3/4 a pot myself and doesn't help that I use sugar because I don't like sugar substitutes. It is my goal also to get to 2 cups a day.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    1. Have a baby
    2. Work on losing weight again

Fairly simple.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    February Goals:

1. I will eat between 1,200 - 1,500 caloires per day based on exercise for that day
    2. I will eat back exercise calories to bring me up to a 1200 a day calories intake
    3. I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day
    4. I will start getting to bed by at least 10:30pm every night Sunday thru Friday
    5. I will workout 6 days out of the week
    6. I will not drink pop starting today and for the rest of the month (This is going to be super hard for me)

That's what I have so far.
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I'm new to this group but already love the commitment of everyone!!

My goals for Feb:

1. I will stay between 1600-1900 calories a day.
    2. I will consistently do p90x every day
    3. I will complete the c25k program
    4. I will rollerblade 3x per week
    5. I will drink minimally 8 glasses of water a day
    6. I will get up at 5am Mon-Sat
    7. I will eat less salt! 
    8. I will not eat a snickers all month!

I think that's it!!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Hello all,

I am fairly new to MFP but not new to attempting to control my weight since I got a back injury over 11 years ago. I'm not able to make any extreme physical goals, but have made the only one I can do. January was up and down for me, trying to manage a daily calorie suggestion that is too high. My ultimate results for January were pretty good, but it was a roller-coaster getting there and I suspect my first weigh-in for Pin-Up Girls will reflect a gain from my last weigh-in here on MFP :-( . I have made adjustments to a few categories for the numbers provided by MFP that should work for me. Good luck to everyone in our group; I'm sure all of us are ready to get started!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    My February Goals:
    *By the end of February weight 140 pounds or less (my short-term goal, but I really want to ultimately weigh somewhere around 132, but I am not in a big hurry).
    *Eat 5 or more vegetables and fruit per day (more veg than fruit)
    *Limit treats to 200 calories or fewer per day or 1400 for the week (the fewer calories the better). By my definition, treats include alcoholic beverages, snack items that are either not that nutritious or have more sugar, calories and salt than idea, sugary drinks, etc. I may lower that weekly goal, if I find it easy to stay within (this is my first week intentionally tracking it).
    *Stay active and consistent with exercise
    *Drink 64 oz of water a day--this one is hard for me for some reason. I just bought a measured water bottle as well and it is helping so far.
    *Slightly increase protein, I'm close but often a little short on this.
    *Stay within or up to 250 below range 6 days a week, one day at or near maintenance. (My weight loss goal is currently set for .5 pounds per week to give myself a little break, but it is okay if I go under some days and lose a little faster.)
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    So far:

untitled-4-1.jpg

You did such a good job! What is it 21 days to break a habit? So you're already so on track.

Long ago, I took an American lit class where we read the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, in it he listed his vices and took them on one by one by checking off when he did any of them throughout the day. Your chart instantly reminded me of that, so I thought I'd share. Although yours is more positive - a check for getting it right, not getting it wrong :o)
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So far:

untitled-4-1.jpg

Brilliant!!! I never thought of making a spreadsheet to keep track - I'm going to do one this afternoon ^_^
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    So far:

untitled-4-1.jpg

RachVR6, what are you using to make your spreadsheet?
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    First weekend in February. Good luck to all of us who struggle with weekend weight gain. Stick to your plan for success and in the back of your mind remember, you have to weigh in Monday!! :)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

Just excel! :flowerforyou:
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Just excel! :flowerforyou:

And her mad skills!!! :)
  • GingerRogered
    GingerRogered Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i love this idea of having goals for the month, it keeps us all accountable to each other.
    My goals are as follows
    1. to loose 2kg (4.4 pounds) by the 29th
    2. to drink 3 litres of water every day
    3. to log on here every day
    4. to loose at least 1cm from my arms and two 2cm from my waist and hips
    5. to do some form of cardio 5-6 times a week ( roller skating, stairs, body attack classes mostly)
    6. to do weights/resistance training twice a week ( body pump, push ups, crunches, squats, lunges)
    7. to do pilates once a week, with additional core and balance exercises as often as possible
    8 to not have any alcohol for the next two months (excluding Feb 21st, March 20th, March 28th)

Here's to a healthy Happy February everyone!!
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is great. You all have some great goals. Good luck! It's already the 5th, but it's not too late. I've lost 8 lbs in one month, so I'm feeling great about this. Goals for the remainder of February:

1. Pack healthy lunches every day, and if not, then at the very least, NO JIMMY JOHN'S! (Speaking of weaknesses...)
    2. Get up an hour earlier every day to fit in an exercise routine, because otherwise I pretend I'm going to exercise in the evening and then I'm pooped by the time I get home from work.
    3. Go to bed earlier so that it's easier to get up earlier! (And as I'm writing this, it's after midnight...)
    4. No alcohol for the rest of February, with the exception of two special occasions.
    5. Get under 200 lbs and never look back.
    6. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    7. Log on to MFP every day and keep track of my calories and exercise.
    8. Don't take my measurements again until March 1st.
    9. Weigh myself on Monday mornings only.

I'll keep it to nine goals. That's plenty for now. Good luck, everyone!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a bit late to the February goals party, but I am here...

My goals for the next 4 weeks:

1. Work out at least 4 times per week (M - Kickbox; T&Th - Bootcamp; Sat - Bootcamp class @ gym; running a few mornings each week)
    2. Drink at least 64 oz of water each day
    3. Stay within my weekly calories - Currently set at 1480 per day, I do eat my exercise calories and will be working towards a WEEKLY goal since the BF and I tend to eat out on the weekends
    4. Limit alcohol consumption to no more than 2 glasses of wine per week (no beer, no hard liquor)
    5. Limit eating out to dinner on Fridays and Saturdays and breakfast on Sundays (see goal #3)
    6. Eliminate ice cream (my weakness)

January was a pretty good month for me, but I was on vacation for the last week and between eating too much and exercising too little I am up 5 lbs from where I was before vacation. I know that it's not 5 lbs of fat (I didn't go over THAT much while on vacation) so I am hopeful that if I stick to my goals, the next 4 weeks will see me losing those 5 lbs and (hopefully) a bit more as well.
  • pinup_mama
    pinup_mama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goals are:
    1. Hit the elliptical 3-4 times per week
    2. Drink more water (I bought a water bottle to take to work with me)
    3. Drink LESS alcohol -- I've been good about having a glass of wine most evenings which is very relaxing, but definitely a waste of cals....
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My Goals for February are:
    1. Track EVERYTHING I eat
    2. Workout at least 5 days a week
    3. Drink enough water
    4. No sugar( AT ALL)