Options
124»

Replies

• wildbio
    wildbio Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So far:

untitled-4-1.jpg

I totally stole this idea. Great thinking Rach!
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am new to the group but here is my goals for the month of Feb!! wish everyone nothing but the best!!

1. stay withing my calories less then 1600
    2. drink more than 64 ounces a day of water
    3. try not to let stress get the best of me
    4. do not have chocolate for the whole month
    5. go to the gym no less than 6x a week
    6. lose at least 10lbs this month!
    7. do at least twice a week of strength training.
    8. keep working on my C25K training.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Rach, you have mad Excel skills. I mean, I can do what needs to be done, but this is awesome. I might try it!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Rach, you have mad Excel skills. I mean, I can do what needs to be done, but this is awesome. I might try it!

Haha, thanks! You should see my budget/debt one. It's a tad excessive. :blushing:
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is great. You all have some great goals. Good luck! It's already the 5th, but it's not too late. I've lost 8 lbs in one month, so I'm feeling great about this. Goals for the remainder of February:

1. Pack healthy lunches every day, and if not, then at the very least, NO JIMMY JOHN'S! (Speaking of weaknesses...)
    2. Get up an hour earlier every day to fit in an exercise routine, because otherwise I pretend I'm going to exercise in the evening and then I'm pooped by the time I get home from work.
    3. Go to bed earlier so that it's easier to get up earlier! (And as I'm writing this, it's after midnight...)
    4. No alcohol for the rest of February, with the exception of two special occasions.
    5. Get under 200 lbs and never look back.
    6. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    7. Log on to MFP every day and keep track of my calories and exercise.
    8. Don't take my measurements again until March 1st.
    9. Weigh myself on Monday mornings only.

I'll keep it to nine goals. That's plenty for now. Good luck, everyone!

I did have Jimmy John's once, and clearly I've been weighing myself more than just on Mondays, but if I waited until Monday, I wouldn't have woken up to such great news this morning! I reached one of my goals for February, which was to drop below 200 lbs! Just wanted to share that with you girls, cause I am so happy about it and I just feel great. It helps keep a person motivated when they reach their goals and take one day at a time.

What other goals have you all reached this month? Just a few days left in February! There's still time to make it happen!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    ^ Congrats on getting under 200! I'd say take yourself out to an awesome dinner, but hell, go dancing!! :drinker:

Personally I didn't really make any goals for this month. I've had to take it a bit slower on account of class projects vs. exhaustion (I've got eight projects in motion on top of tutoring two first-semester students and organizing a program potluck :yawn: ), but I'm hoping to step it up again mid-March when some of this stuff is either done or gets closer to completion. Still losing pounds, but a bit slower at the moment.

But as for short-term goals overall, I'm back in the150 range, where I was a year ago from about this month or so before my dependency on college vending machines and McDonald's breakfasts. Once I actually reach 150 lbs flat, I'm... doing SOMETHING. I'll probably get back into my wetsuit and start swimming at the gym, but there's that time issue again, so it may be something else. Either way... short term goal ahoy!
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ^ Congrats on getting under 200! I'd say take yourself out to an awesome dinner, but hell, go dancing!! :drinker:

Personally I didn't really make any goals for this month. I've had to take it a bit slower on account of class projects vs. exhaustion (I've got eight projects in motion on top of tutoring two first-semester students and organizing a program potluck :yawn: ), but I'm hoping to step it up again mid-March when some of this stuff is either done or gets closer to completion. Still losing pounds, but a bit slower at the moment.

But as for short-term goals overall, I'm back in the150 range, where I was a year ago from about this month or so before my dependency on college vending machines and McDonald's breakfasts. Once I actually reach 150 lbs flat, I'm... doing SOMETHING. I'll probably get back into my wetsuit and start swimming at the gym, but there's that time issue again, so it may be something else. Either way... short term goal ahoy!

Thanks! Yeah, college is where I gained the 30+ lbs that I'm now trying to lose. Stress can do amazing things to the human body. Good luck for the next few weeks and all your projects and everything. Sounds like you've got a heck of a schedule. And I did go out for dinner tonight, but it was more for my fiance's birthday than to celebrate my weight-loss. Either way, totally worth it and totally fun. As for dancing, I'm too stuffed now to even think about it! Otherwise, I'd be playing Dance Central on Kinect. The fitness routines on that are my workout of choice at the moment. Once I lose more weight, I can't wait to go to the gym and go swimming again myself. Dancing, walking and swimming are my favorite means of exercise.

Good luck!