Derby Wives!

Options
SkateboardFi
SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
who has one? what's her name and when did you know she was 'the one'? what do you guys have in common, and how did you establish that you were wives for life?

Replies

• throttler228
    Options
    Mine is on here, BeauxToxx. Just like all things love in life, you just know ;)

We met at a open practice and just became fast friends, and still are now that she's still on the ref crew and I'm a skater. We are supportive of each other in all aspects of life, but she was very helpful at keeping my confidence up as I was working to transition from stripes to skater. We have similar tastes and opinions, and can do that thing where we make eye contact and immediately know why, just like any other best bud. She can't wait to send me out for my first penalty. Nothing official, but we probably couldn't get through anything official without fits of giggles anyways. I might wear a "my derby wife is gay" shirt just to cockblock her. lol.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Mine is on here, BeauxToxx. Just like all things love in life, you just know ;)

We met at a open practice and just became fast friends, and still are now that she's still on the ref crew and I'm a skater. We are supportive of each other in all aspects of life, but she was very helpful at keeping my confidence up as I was working to transition from stripes to skater. We have similar tastes and opinions, and can do that thing where we make eye contact and immediately know why, just like any other best bud. She can't wait to send me out for my first penalty. Nothing official, but we probably couldn't get through anything official without fits of giggles anyways. I might wear a "my derby wife is gay" shirt just to cockblock her. lol.

LMAO! that's awesome. my derby wife is named Handislap. she's a military wife out at fort benning. aside from us both having beaus in the army, we have similar music tastes and sense of humor. we're both extremely goofy, while she's the more outspoken one and i'm the one who slides in the quiet zingers at the right moments. we've been skating together on the league for about 3 months, and within the first 2 weeks of practice had already staked our claims as wives. she's pretty awesome.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    My wifey is DEE KLAIRS WAR!!!! I saw her at our 1st practice on another team and said, "i wanna be you when I grow up!" It's been love ever since, LOL! We got married when I told her via Facebook that she was MINE, (a girl's gotta stake her claim)!
    We created our current team together along with 3 other amazing girls!!!
    Season 1 I was prego and didnt get to play...now Season 2 she's prego and can't play :( We have yet to play a game together, LMAO!

P.S. I got prego on her Bday weekend last year and Her due date is 3 days apart from what mine was!!!!
  • MeanieD
    Options
    This is awkward -

There's this girl on my team who has claimed me as her wife. She's a nice girl, but I don't consider her my derby wife. We don't hang out or talk outside of practice. In fact, I don't really want to hang out with her outside of practice/bouts since she's a bit of a party girl and I am most definitely not. Our league does ceremonies and everything, but we never did it. I've tried to jokingly tell her that we're not married, but she doesn't seem to get it. Any advice on how to "break up" with her?
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Awkward. No I don't have any advice other than claiming another wife. lol.

I have a wife but she's on a life hiatus. Broke up with her life sucking boyfriend and I hope it gives her the kick in the pants she needs to get back to skating. She's not passed freshies yet but I cannot wait to belt her and work in a pack with her. I think we'd be a mean pair.
    I used to catch the bus with her to and from practice. She's the black to my white. She's a calm energy but can easily be pushed around. I'm all over the shop but I don't stand for anything. Together we really work.
    We go shopping, have lunch and sometimes workout together. We work close and have similar lives.
    I knew she was the one when I made a joke about Grey's Anatomy she laughed hysterically and then dead panned me and said 'My derby name is MeraDeath Slay you know'. We have our names on each other's helmets and I wear my derby wife pendant for good luck.
    She's always there to kick me in the pants when I need her.