Introductions

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
Feel free to introduce yourself. If you have a hard time with that, here is a little guide you can use.
Name:
Where you at?:
Goals:
Marital status:
Kids:
A little about you:

Name: Melissa
Where you at?: Port Neches, Texas
How old: 29 (almost 30)
Goals: SW: 250 NW: 179 GW: 140-115
Marital status: Married for 8yrs
Kids: 2 boy and girl
A little about you: I am a stay at home mom, crochet for a business and do photography. In this new life style I love to workout and training myself to not be an emotional eater, so when I get to one of those points where I am upset and feel like grabbing comfort food, I get into a squat and start punching, cus it makes me feel better and that comfort food feeling just kinda gets lost.

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Name: Amanda
    Where you at?: Live between Buna/Evadale & work in Orange
    How old: 32
    Goals: To show everyone that I am, indeed, a super star.... oh and lose 250+lbs.
    Marital status: D. All Of the Above (wait, wrong questionaire).... seriously though, it's currently underwraps
    Kids: 6 yr old twins - Lucas & Mason
    A little about you: I'm a mom of two outrageously gorgeous and smart 6 yr old boys that are in 1st grade. Mason takes after my artistic side (I have an art degree from McNeese) and Lucas takes after my curiously intellectual side (the other day we discussed gravitational pulls as part of the Big Band Theory while on the way home from Beaumont). I live in a really rural, middle-of-nowhere place. I work in marketing and spend my days attached to a computer. Love being outside when there aren't so many mosquitos, love to workout & love to eat! So far, I've completed one round of p90x, finished my first 5k and I've lost 83.5 lbs. since January.
  • amy041976
    amy041976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Name: Amy
    Where you at?: Natalia (South of San Antonio)
    How old: 35
    Goals: Tone up and keep the weight off
    Marital status: Married
    Kids: Son 20 and Daughter 14
    A little about you: I am a nurse working the graveyard shift. I workout as often as I can but sometimes find it a littel difficult to figure out this work/sleep/workout schedule. I have lost about 25 pounds currently and am looking to tone up a little. I actually look forward to the encouragement I get on this site and love the accountablity.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Maybe we can encourage each other.
  • cgillentine416
    cgillentine416 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Name: Curtis Gillentine
    Where you at?: ****inson/Santa Fe, TX
    How old: 24 I'll be 25 April 16th
    Goals: Lose at least 100 pounds
    Marital status: Single
    Kids: None yet!
    A little about you: Well, I'm Curtis. I have lots of endocrine problems due to complications from a neurosurgery for headaches in December 2000. I lost my hypothalamus, which works in conjunction with your pituitary gland. Which controls pretty much ALL of the hormones in your body. And when one doesn't work neither does the other. So now since my body doesn't produce hormones I am on all artificial hormones. Thyroid hormone, Anti-diuretic hormone, growth hormone (HGH), and Testosterone. While technically I am using "Performance Enhancing Drugs" it's not in a high enough dose to enhance any performance. It's more of a dose that would be as much as the average person normally has in their own system. My condition is called Hypopituiterism. So I have a hard time losing weight when I physically don't feel like doing anything. But I do, everyday, on my own, go to the gym and I go twice a week to college.
  • Fit2B50
    Options
    Name: Sandra
    Where you at?: Port Neches, TX
    How old: 50 (+5 days)
    Goals: To lose, tone and tighten so that I can WEAR A PAIR OF SHORTS THIS SUMMER.
    Kids: 0
    A little about you: I was born heavy (just shy of 10lbs.) and stayed heavy until my graduation year when I starved myself thin. Hardly got the cap and gown off and the pounds were back. It's been a struggle ever since. I've been on MFP for a few weeks and was doing really good but slid off the wagon and i'm trying to get back whatever it was that i lost that was pushing me towards my goal. Sweets are my biggest downfall. I can't seem to conquer that demon but i'm not giving up. Never ever give up!!!!!:noway:
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Name: Hilda
    Where you at?: Nome, TX
    How old: 35
    Goals: To lose weight and get fit
    Kids: 1
    A little about you: I have struggled with my weight all my life. I use food as a way to cope with life.
  • mlindahl
    mlindahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Name: Shelly
    B City
    Female
    Lose weight, firm up what I have and be healthier
    Married
    5 kids

I moved to TX from WI in 1994. Went through bad marriage-lost a lot of weight. Met my husband, got happy. Now, I want to stay happy mind you-just want to lose the weight being happy did to me.

Sandra, I went off MFP for a couple of months and noticed it. Keep on doing it. if nothing else, it really makes you realize what you are eating or if you mess up-add a little more exercise.
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Name: Robin
    Where you at?: Orange, TX
    How old: 38
    Goals: Get fit and ultimate weight goal of 135
    Marital status: Happily married
    Kids: 4 boys: 19, 15, 7, 3
    A little about you:
    I am a stay at home mom. I was a healthy weight most of my life until I had 3 miscarriages and fell into a deep depression. After nearly 8 yrs. of being overweight and in a very dark place, I have finally worked through the final stages of that grief and accepted the loss. I became determined to be me again. I've lost 83 lbs. since April 2011, most of it since Sept. 2011. I feel like myself again. And I can be here for the family that I have.
  • Name: Cassandra
    Where you at?: Orange, TX
    How old: 30
    Goals: Lose 100 pounds
    Marital status: married
    Kids: 3 wonderful children!!
    A little about you: I am currently a stay at home mom who owns my own business. I spent many years of my childhood on very little food, so as I got older and had my own kids I vowed that would never happen. I have never been a fast food junkie or candy and soda type of girl, but the last few years have taken a toll on me. Right before I turned 25 I had to have a complete hysterectomy. Within 6 mos I had gained 75 pounds, and then it just kept coming. It has been at least 5 years since I have been under the 200# mark. After talking with my doc and getting blood work done we know that my BMI was less than 1 full point away from my insurance paying for surgery and that my liver enzymes are not happy either. When I saw the BMI number it gave me a bit of a wake up call. I am ready to change my life for the better. If you ever want to get together or talk you can message me here or inbox me for further info...later y'all!!!