Breastfeeding vegan

nmhogan
nmhogan Posts: 4 Member
Any other breast feeding vegan mummas out there?! Just wondering how you balance the breastfeeding/ veganisim/ weightloss thing? Also, anyone raising their kids vegan?

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    I'm was a breastfeeding mother but not a vegan when i did. Have you ever been to babycenter they have a great set of mothers who are breastfeeding and vegan. Here is a link http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a6727325/vegetarian_and_vegan_families
  • nmhogan
    nmhogan Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks! I didn't even know it existed! looks really great! :smile:
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    I wasn't completely vegan while breast feeding and my daughter has weaned now at age two. Neither of my kids are vegan. My husband is an omni. However, I am honest about my choices and why and suspect both of them will adopt it as time goes by. Even as non-vegans, they consume very little animal products. They are dairy free and eat just a little meat and eggs. Not great but I'm trying to educate them and let them decide.
  • dragonssister
    dragonssister Posts: 8 Member
    I am breastfeeding. My daughter is 6 months old. I have been vegan for about 5 years and we plan on raising her vegan. Weight loss has been nonexistent even though I am breastfeeding for the past 6 months. It is partially what led me to this site.