BLACK TEAM WEEK 6 CHALLENGE

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
So we are half way to the finish line! Does everyone remember when you were signing up for this challenge? Pam asked how much weight we would like to lose within this 12 week period. Well take a look an see if you are reaching your goal or at the half way mark. If you are or have passed it, share with us and let us know what you are doing to get to your goal. If you are not around your half way goal or near it, let us know what you are planning to do about it. Make this your challenge this week and either continue what you are doing or work a little harder to get closer that healthy person you are becoming! Have an AMAZING WEEK TEAM!!!

Replies

• JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think I was 279.5 when I started, so I am 13.1 lbs lighter thanks to this challenge. If I didn't mess up with my pity party I would have 3 more pounds to add to this. It's not as high as what I was hoping for, so I need to step it up!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Well I started at 213.6 and wanted to end up at 185 I am thinking now that 185 was a crazy goal. That would of been 28.6 pounds in 12 weeks and I've been on this ride since June 2010 so really I knew better. If I wanna hit that goal I need to go crazy at the gym and quit my job lol. I'm just gonna take it easy and let the weight come off as it should!! Good luck to the rest of you!
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I started this journey at 199 and I'm now at 194. I've only lost 5 pounds in the first five weeks of this challenge. This is a little disheartening because I hoped to lose more but I’ve been on this journey since Sept 2011 and my weight loss has slowed down quite a bit. The one thing I'm proud of is despite the low numbers, I still haven’t given up. I think my ultimate goal for the 12 week challenge is to get to 180 or 185. The 185 is still doable. I've got 9 pounds till I reach that number and several weeks left! :wink:
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I started this challenge wanting to lose 30 lbs. in 12 week challenge (mini goal). I have lost 18 lbs. so far, I need another 12 lbs. to go. Which I know I can do it, as long as I keep up with my exercise/calorie counting. I have to say being on MFP has helped tremendously. You guys inspire me to keep going and not give up! I am trying to walk 3-5 miles a day. I have to honestly say that I am only drinking water, and occaisional glass of wine:ohwell: LOL. Before if I had one glass of water a day, it was alot, sad to say, but true. I am also an emotional eater, I am slowly learning to get over that. I had a little challenge earlier this week, that could have easily led me to overeating, but instead I exercised. PS.For the Ladies, this week I did NOT let TOM defeat me! HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK! GOOO BLACK TEAM!!!
  • kaelawilliford
    Options
    I started the Biggest Loser Challenge wanting to lose 25 lbs. I started at 300 (on the dot). This morning I weighed in at 281.8 which is 18.2 pounds loss for the past 5 weeks. I have another 6.8 pounds to go for my 25lb goal, but I am hoping to at least 12-15 pounds in the next 6 weeks. My ultimate goal is to lose 2 pounds a week and in a year be 100 pounds lighter. Tracking what I eat has been great...it makes me very conscience of what I am eating and really making choices that are good. It is great to have all the support here on MFP along with my wonderful hubby who is my biggest supporter. This next half I want to start exercising regularly....I just have to make time! I'm not sure if you can tell I've lost weight, I haven't really noticed it in the mirror or clothes....but I feel great, so that is a good sign!
    14132614.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • johnsoh85
    Options
    I started this challange weighing 368 and my goal was to lose 30 lbs in this 12 week challange this morning i weighed 345 so I have 7 lbs to go to reach my goal I feel like i can reach this goal! Good luck to everyone meeting their goals!
  • michaelvhawk
    michaelvhawk Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am a little past half way to my goal, so far I am happy with what I have done. I have been sure to watch what I eat very carefully and work out hard every single night. Starting on Monday I will be cranking up the intensity and length of my workouts to make sure I don't plateau. I am excited for the next 6 weeks and to see where I will be then.
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I believe that I started this journey at 277.0 and I am now 267.0. I was hoping that I would lose a lot more weight than 10 lbs, but that is a lot more than if I let it get to me and do absolutely nothing about it. I was hope to at least lose 25 lbs if not 30lbs. That doesn't seem realistic anymore, but I am at least hoping to lose another 10 these last 6 weeks and make it an even 20 which is better than nothing.
  • bromax
    bromax Posts: 12
    Options
    I ...... Sorry.....
  • marulop14
    marulop14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That was me.... Sorry ^

I started out at 258. My 12 wk goal was 234. Today I weigh 240. 17lbs lost, 6 more to go!!!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Starting Weight: 270 lbs

12 Week Goal Weight: to lose 2lbs per week (24lbs) = 246 lbs

Right now I am at 255.7, so I am down 14.3lbs at the half way mark so I have 9.7lbs to go to get to my 12 week goal! This makes me feel soo much better! :D YAY thanks Jomom for this challenge:)