Nerd love

Options
ajbeans
ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
I just bought this for my husband for Valentine's Day.

geek_love_poem.jpg
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/724a/

I'm kind of wishing I'd gotten one for myself too.

** ARGH! Can't post pictures... brain melting... I'll figure it out.

Replies

• paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm a web designer, so I love this shirt so much! I think I've almost bought it before - some geek shirts are just overpriced though. It's just a t-shirt afterall!

Next year you should get the matching life/hearts shirts one for each of you - http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/a090/
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I'm a web designer, so I love this shirt so much! I think I've almost bought it before - some geek shirts are just overpriced though. It's just a t-shirt afterall!

Next year you should get the matching life/hearts shirts one for each of you - http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/a090/

I thought about that, but we'd probably never wear them on the same day. Takes too much planning. :laugh:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    omg those are both great! :happy:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    That is so cute :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!

I was thinking about getting a shirt for my husband that said something like "I used to love giving bj's but then I took an arrow to the knee".
  • ajbeans
    Options
    AWESOME!

I was thinking about getting a shirt for my husband that said something like "I used to love giving bj's but then I took an arrow to the knee".

haha... They do have a couple on the "arrow in the knee" thing, but I think they changed it to "arrow in the heart" for V-Day.
  • NickBanford
    Options
    I quoted the 'All my base' line the other day infront of my girlfriend a few days ago and just got a blank stare.

She even said to me recently ... "I'm a geek, like I play WoW... but not a massive geek like you." That was in response to me posting on facebook that she didn't know who Jean Luc Picard was. :P
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Isn't Picard mainstream enough that non-geeks should know who he is? I thought he was. Then again, I'm probably a lot older than your girlfriend. Maybe he's fallen out of mainstream culture by now.
  • NickBanford
    Options
    Isn't Picard mainstream enough that non-geeks should know who he is? I thought he was. Then again, I'm probably a lot older than your girlfriend. Maybe he's fallen out of mainstream culture by now.

That's probably the case. I used to watch it when I came home from school. She was probably into other things at that age.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Considering the wide range of people that actually play WoW, i wouldn't consider you a geek if you have an active subscription. Now if you are playing DDO...well that's a different story altogether.

I do love me some ThinkGeek though...
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Considering the wide range of people that actually play WoW, i wouldn't consider you a geek if you have an active subscription. Now if you are playing DDO...well that's a different story altogether.

I do love me some ThinkGeek though...

I <3 DDO quite a bit!

I've thought about making my boyfriend a t-shirt (I'm pretty good with freezer-paper stenciling so it would cost me a grand total of $4 to buy the shirt):

Nothing says I Love You like
    You're the one I want at my side during the Zombie Apocalypse

With a couple of silhouettes holding lotsa guns.