Egg yolks or No yolks on 17dd?

Options
Burlesque12
Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
So I know the book says its ok to have the yolks, but since were all counting the calories too, do you eat the yolks or not? It packs on the calories and sky rockets the cholesteral meter.

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol isn't that important to the overall picture. It's the cholesterol that your body manufactures that is the main problem.

I eat my egg yolks. I hate throwing them away. I try to limit myself to 6 whole eggs per week and no more than 2 per day, but I don't really have a good reason for even that.

Understand, we raise chickens, so eggs are plentiful. They are an inexpensive (yet filling) protein food and a little goes a long way for me. I just happen to like them. Especially the green and blue eggs!

I did my original Cycle 1 a long time ago and I have modified and redesigned the diet to work for me on a longer term basis.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Ive heard that its packed with nutrients. I guess it wouldnt hurt me to have it once in awhile, since I dont have high cholesterol tendancies. Ive yet to try the blue or green eggs, not sure where in L.A. I'd find those! Lol! I usually use the cage free whites from Trader Joes so that theres no waste. I hate to waste food too, and am learning to be "ok" with it so that I dont overfill myself.
    What a battle! Haha...I know its all worth it though. I Have modified the plan to fit myself too, but I havent been able to complete it without "cheating",and I really want to. Just to reap my maximum results :D
    Thanks so much for your support!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The blue and green eggs come from Aracuana and Americauna hens. The Aracaunas are a tail-less breed from South America. The Americaunas are a cross between American hens and Aracaunas. They lay blue, green, and rosy pink eggs. They are very prolific and very tasty.

The eggs, I mean. We don't eat our chickens.
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't exactly call 53 calories per egg yolk as packing the calories on. Nearly every day I have two egg yolks, and I've reached my goal (21 lb. weight loss).