Getting to know you.

Options
Hey girls. Wanted to introduce myself and try and get to know a little more about each of you so we are not just defined by a number... Thought it would be nice to get to know all of you lovely ladies too.

My name is Andrea. I'm 32 years old and was born and raised in delaware. I married my high school sweetheart and have two beautiful children, Emily is 13 years old and Aiden is 3. I have never been a healthy person but really started packing on the pounds in nursing school. I was stressed out and it was just an easy thing to do while studying. I think the weight really got out of my control when I lost my grandmother last year. Since my mother was pregnant with me at 15, my grandmother had always taken that motherly role for me. Losing her was extremely hard. As a nurse, I see death alot but, it had never been my reality.
Since I started MFP I have started exercising ALOT. It has helped me work through a lot of my emotions. It feels so nice to have a place where I can actually let the anger go. This is the first time that I have been able to actually stick to a healthier lifestlye and I actually am enjoying the journey. In my spare time I enjoy art and photography. I am happiest with either a paint brush or a camera in my hand.
Feel free to add me as a friend on here. I am always looking to help motivate people and get inspired by others.

14130412.png

Replies

• judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea,

Im Judy 34 married to a wonderful man and have two wonderful boys ages 5 and 3 I have always struggled with my weight but before having my boys I had lost over 100lbs with a diet called LA weight loss but after having my kids the pounds crept up and kept creeping up on me, now I decided I needed to do something about it and I am I have been with MFP for more than a month and I love it I have met wonderful friends as well as losing weight. I am a photographer funny I concentrate in pin up photography that's why this group caught my attention after my friend told me about it. I love anything that has to do with pin up and vintage. Just graduated college 6 months ago. and we moved to a new city so stress has also been a cause of my over eating so I am trying to not let it get in the way of my weight loss I joined a gym and I have been going almost everyday. I even got a personal trainer to help me out. so I am really ready to lose this weight. you can add me if you like never enough friends on here.
  • NurseSweeny
    NurseSweeny Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Judy :drinker:
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea!!!

My name is Monica, I am 24, I've been married 5yrs to a really amazing, supportive guy and we don't have any kids (a small zoo, but no kids lol)
    I am a mechanic and my family's by day and moonlight as a special fx makeup artist, which is my biggest passion, unfortunately it's not extremely lucrative when you first get started haha!
    I have seen many years of bad examples from both my parents in regards to being overweight and it has motivated me to never end up there - in the past couple of years both my parents (61 & 64) have gotten into much better shape, but my mom has a lot of problems due to being overweight for much of her adult life. I have always wanted to get into shape that way when I have kids I can active with them and when my hubby and I are older we can explore the world and due to the support of some really amazing friends it has actually clicked this time!
    I have been on mfp for about 2mos, but have really started focusing on it in the past 6wks. I do struggle with keeping my calories in line and exercising enough, but I'm making some changes this week (mainly getting up earlier) that should eliminate the exercise problem ^_^
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gail, I'm 38. DH (mrwsilva here) and I have been married for 13 years this year. We have 1 DD who is 10 and a Springer Spaniel who will be 7 in May if I let him live. ;) My degree is in sports medicine and I worked as a personal trainer and a physical therapy assistant after college. After having a horrific experience with an unscrupulous employer (double billing, etc) I left PT and took a job at a medical software company where I am now a development programmer. Go figure?

When DD was a baby and I was working nights, I was at the gym 3 days a week for 90 minutes a day and I could tell you ever bit of food that entered my mouth. Life and work get in the way and I slipped away from that. A few years ago I pulled every muscle in my right arm/shoulder and increased 1 herniated disc to 2 :( My right (dominant) arm is still much weaker than my left and I have constant pain or tingling in my arm/hand/neck. Happy happy joy joy. This makes exercise and life in general more difficult. I love working out at a gym, but don't have the time I wish I did for it. I have a membership to the Y, if I'd just make it there. I hate running, but I will run on a treadmill and I'm hoping to work up to running a 5K just so I can say I did it. (one of my major accomplishments in life is that I rowed in the Head of the Charles Regatta in a charity boat when DD was 21 months old)

I love to cook, which is probably why I gain weight. I have an addiction to cook books and diet books.

Thanks for kicking the PinUps back off again, Rach! I was so excited to hear from you. This is what I need to get my butt in gear before the summer.
  • vonnikitty
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm Chavonne, from England. Currently a university student studying film production living with my boyfriend. I'm 21 years old and my healthy lifestyle came about like this:

At college I wasn't particularly unhealthy but then I developed an eating disorder due to seeing so many young skinny girls I wanted to be like them. Then I realised that my body wasn't built that way after some counselling. When I got to university I gain a whole stone which is just under the 'freshman 15' for the american's here. Second year I started getting healthy due to an ex who was super healthy, we would go swimming most days. Then third year another ex I had was super unhealthy and I just ate crap due to being poor and his diet. Now I'm with my loving boyfriend who loves my curves but is okay with me toning everything as long as it makes me happy, he's even let me do all the cooking so his diet has improved too.

Sorry for the life story, I've never really given reasons why I want to be fit before but it's mainly for my confidence.
  • NurseSweeny
    NurseSweeny Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Special effects makeup huh? LOVE IT!!! I am addicted to this show right now on the boob tube called Face OFF. It's a group of artists that do special effects makeup and they go through weekly elimination challenges. Reality TV is my guilty pleasure :-)
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Special effects makeup huh? LOVE IT!!! I am addicted to this show right now on the boob tube called Face OFF. It's a group of artists that do special effects makeup and they go through weekly elimination challenges. Reality TV is my guilty pleasure :-)

I <3 Faceoff!!!!
    It's definitely a fascinating show! Over the past year things have been super crazy at the shop so I haven't been able to practice as much as I would have liked so I'm taking the challenge the Faceoff FB page does every week to help motivate me to get back practicing!
  • amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey All!

My name is Amber, I'm 21 years old and I Grew up in Carnation Wa.
    I currently Live in Kenmore Wa with my Fiance AJ.

I have always struggled with my weight since I was 13 years old. Dang Puberty.

I currently Weigh 190lbs and I'm on Day 5 of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

My Measurements:
    Height: 5'3"
    Bust: 41C/D
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 43
    Bottom: 45
    Thighs: 27

My Ideal Measurements:

Bust: 34/36C
    Waist: 24
    Hips:34
    Bottom: 35
    Thighs: 20

I'm not sure if it's possible for me to have those exact measurements but I'm determined to get as close as possible.

I have been a fan of Pin Ups and Retro Style since I was 13/14 years old. I've always looked up to Marilyn Monroe, Betty Paige, Dita Von Teese. Etc.
  • GingerRogered
    GingerRogered Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, What a great Idea getting to know each other!

Hi I'm Erin, I'm 22 and I live in Australia. My boyfriend and I have put on alot of weight since getting together, it's the old 'relationship weight' scenario. About 2 months ago my boyfriend quit his desk job and is now working as a PT. We are both trying to change our eating habits and excersise regularly.

My weight now is 72kg (158 pounds) and my goal is to loose 12kg (26 pounds)

When I'm not working or studying I play roller derby.

Nice to meet you all :)
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am Nadia and I have one sweet sassy 6 yr old daughter. I just celebrated my 3rd divoriversary last March and I am so glad to be free. I got married at 21 which was one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I have a boyfriend but we keep time in the schedule to do our own things too. I have a Royal Standard Poodle puppy named Luka who is 4.5 months old. I love anything creative (painting, stamping, scultpure, knitting, crochet, etc) and have my own jewelry business. Weightloss has been a journey all my life and I am proud to say that although I am only half way to my goal I feel good these days that there is no magic day I must get there. As long as the numbers are going in the right direction and I am having fun that is what really counts to me.
  • Courtneyhl
    Options
    Hi Im Courtney and I am 19 years old.
    Ive been working out every day since October 12th.
    I think PIn-up is awesome.
    Ever since I moved out and got an office job I havent had time or energy to exercise or do art or any hobby for that matter.
    It really sucks and I'm trying to get back into my flow of things.
    But nice to meet all of you!
  • sungoddess_70
    Options
    Hi I am Faye, I am 26 years old and I live in Wichita KS.
    I am currenly deployed to Kuwait and will be home around May. I am transistion from the enlisted Air Force to the officer side of the Navy. I am trying to get fit for myself and for my new life which will start when I get back.
    I absolutely love the Pin-Up style as you can tell by my picture! I hope everyone is doing well! :) Happy new year!!!:flowerforyou: