Welcome :) Please Introduce Yourselves.

Options
Hi my name is Sue and I have been a Yo-Yo dieter for many years.

I live in a little town called Mount Gambier (Home of the Blue Lake) in Australia.

I am a mother of 4 and we are expecting 3 of our grandchildren this year giving us a total of 11.

My goal is to lose 40 + kilos in twelve months and that will bring me down to 65kg, still 7kg over my ideal bodyweight.

Lets keep everyone motivated and on track to their GOALS.

Lets make 2012 the year we get our lives back. :bigsmile:

Replies

• KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!!

My name is Ketty and I am very excited to be part of this challenge. I have being over weight for the last 6 years due to depression... I am an emotianal eater and have gained so much weight trying to eat my pain away...Well, I don't want to do that anymore... I have come to the conclusion that eating my pain away have make me a weak person when I know I am a strong and positive human being. So, I want to bring my old me back. In order to do that I need to destroy the old habits and creat new ones, so the new me can resurface!!!! I know I can do it!!!!!!
  • emlevine
    emlevine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Lizzie and I've always been overweight, however this time I've decided to keep the weight off. Before, I'd use diets to lost 10 or 20 lbs but never keep it off. I'm young, which is why I haven't been serious about it before, but now, I am determined to get healthy! I'm already doing well with my regiment, but I need people to help me keep on track!
  • schoswife
    schoswife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Alishia...I haven't really been on any yo-yo diets. I was on the team of people that said, "I will start tomorrow, next week, next month or even next year" I have gained 10 pounds a year for the 6 years that I have been married!!! I have finally purposed in my mind & heart that i needed to do this for me & the time to start was now. I have been tracking like a mad dog. I have to know the calories before it enters in.

A renewed mind goes a long way!
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kathy and I live in Texas. I started my weight loss journey in June, 2010. I had lost 35 lbs. by June, 2011 in order to win a contest with my sisters. I maintained that loss but could not seem to lose any additional weight. I started my 90 day Challenge on Jan. 2nd and have lost 9 lbs. and 5.5 inches since then. My goal is another 16 lbs. by the end of that 90 days (April 2). Once that goal is accomplished I will start another 90 day challenge to lose the remaining weight. I'm not really concerned so much about my final WEIGHT as I am my SIZE and how I feel. In Jan. I joined the Rockin Body Bootcamp in my town and work out 3 days a week. I need to kick it up a notch and work out an additional 2 days a week. It's not easy but it has been very rewarding!!
  • button34
    Options
    Hi my name is Kate I live in Concord NC. I'm a stay at home mom to a 1 year old. I have been doing different diets for about 8 years. Nothing sticks. I have started a ton and finished none. This time is different I'm making a life style change. I want to get healthly and fit to be a good example to my family.
  • Reynasandoval
    Options
    Hi, my name Reyna. Im 20, I have a son. My goal is to drop down to 150. My s/w was 290 now I am at 263.
  • maeveslim
    maeveslim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Maeve and I am a 40 year old mother of 2 from the UK. I have done so many diets over the years and lost huge amounts of weight but sadly often put most of it back on. Let me list a few Weight Watchers, Slimmers World, Rosemary Collins, Atkins Diet, South Beach Diet, GI Diet, Cabbage Soup Diet, Grape Diet, Grapefruit Diet etc etc I think you get the idea. I am currently at lower weight than I have been for many years but still Yo-yoing as I have not yet managed to transition into a healthy eating way of life. I still have a weight loss goal of 154lbs and I am currently 191 and I started at 198 lbs. I am calorie counting and trying to exercise regularly. I am not sure calorie counting is the way forward for me long term as I want to eventually stop dieting but as yet I have never managed to achieve goal weight and stay there. Hopefully some of my goals sound similar to yours. I want to receive support and ideas and also support others with a similar life experience. Looking forward to all our interactions.