Fitness Buddy Wanted! - Apply within =]

Options
butjuli
butjuli Posts: 56 Member
Hey everyone! I love that this group was created. Like most of you, I don't really have a lot of encouragement and support where I live. My friends are supportive, but it would be nice to have someone around me who is doing the same thing. That's just not the case. I would really like to have someone to talk to one on one about daily dieting, exercise routines, sharing ideas, all around fitness, etc. And of course just to encourage and push each other to reach our goals! I'd be willing to keep track of their daily progress if they could do the same for me. I'm a pretty good motivator, and I'd do my best to try and help keep you on track. Sometimes you just need that little extra push from someone, and I definitely need it. I'm 23, from PA. I'm looking to lose about 20 more pounds to reach my first goal (30 more to reach my ideal weight). Is there anyone who's in my boat with similar goals? Maybe around my age? If you're interested, I'd love to be fitness pen pals =] Feel free to add or message me.

Of course I'm not ruling out support from or for anyone else. I'm very appreciative of all my MFP friends. I just seem to get on a good track, and then slip up, and then veer off course. I feel like if I have someone to "answer to" that may not happen. Please feel free to add me if you like. I try to keep up with all my MFP friends, and I'm always looking for more =]

Replies

• carla1103
    carla1103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this, i would love to be your fitness pen pal, I have motivation from my friends and family but sometimes i just need something else to keep me on track
  • rstinne1
    rstinne1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    butjuli - I'm defintaley in a very similar situation. I'm great at motivating others to do a good job abd stay with it but I struggle to do the same for myself. My current goal is to lose at least 30 pounds, but ideally I want to lose about 55. I'm 28 and line in TN. I've done this program once before, but as you'd guess I didn't stick with it. I'm trying to do a better job of connecting with other this time around and I'm hoping the motivation and the opportunity to motivate others to stick with it as well will be just what I need.

Even if you already have found a fitness buddy I'd love to be a friend!
  • Herntere
    Herntere Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For all of you that answered that I am also in the same boat. I am a 27 yr old that has 35lbs to lose and i'm not quite sure what to do to acheive that goal. I workout and eat right as much as possible but I lose that drive quite often. Feel free to add me to the list of projects :happy:
  • JENNIFERRE4
    Options
    HI EVERY BODY I AM NEW
  • Lokicando
    Lokicando Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. None of my family wanted to join this website with me, so here I am looking for a Great Group to get motivated with!
  • psteels
    psteels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ........I hope you achieve your goals. I have been doing this for a short while and will try and tell you what I have learned so far..

When you say you are not sure what you can do to achieve the goal. I would suggest you get to know not just your calorie intake but also how many calories you are "really" burning, the kind of exercise you are doing. (in terms of fitness v fat burn zone) and the overall effect the diet and exercise is having on your body composition.

The best way to do this is buy a good set of fat measuring scales such as Omron BF511 and a heart Rate Monitor (HRM) watch such as Polar FT7.

I know this costs but having accurate information about what is behind your activity and weight loss is really valuable and will incent you further and make it easier
  • kiembar
    Options
    Im always looking for accountablity!! Im all alone in my journey. and would love some support1
  • lancer44
    Options
    Hi my name is Dawn. I have always tried to battle the weight with the yo-yo dieting. I fianally came to the end! I have to look at it as getting fit for me! My husband is very supportive but never gains a pound! he works nights I work days, so we don't get to do alot of activites together, so I try to keep pushing myself with the exercise thing - but when no one is there to say lets go...it is so easy to say later....but I try to keep going. so I put this fitness pal on my phone and track every bite of food! It helps. before I never knew really how many calories I ate, I just ate smaller meals. - not always the best way to look at it. but I know now calories are very important. so hopefully I can keep motivated! my final goal before christmas 2012 is to lose 40 lbs - or close to it!!:smile:
  • pecanpiej
    Options
    Hi Dawn, I am Judith. I am a 62 year old Grandmother who lives in San Diego CA. We have beautiful weather, but like you, I like to exercise with friends. Unfortunately, at this age many of my friends have given up and don't want tot exercise. So finally I decided to try to find an exercise that is fun for me. I found rebounding. I got a great rebounder from Costco that is softer than most and I bounce away. It is reall fun and time just flies. Hang in there and just do this for you.
  • pecanpiej
    Options
    You are not alone. We are all in this together. Stay connected so that you don't feel alone. We will talk to you and support you and you can support us.:smile:
  • kiyawow
    kiyawow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey all

I do have supportive friends, but they do also start and stop like i do so it goes round and round in circles... I decided that I am the only one stopping me from getting what I want out of this.

Take it day by day, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I plan my lunches and breakfasts every sunday for the week, dinners I am not so bad at as generally am fussy and most of the stuff that I like is working for me... but would like to extend that range..

I dont go to a gym or running etc, health and location restrictions. But I do my wii fit, i get so into it I forget how long I have been on it. Also my Workout dvds.

I find when i run out of motivation I see whats going on in here and hope that it helps, if i cant find a meal I want to add then the general chat motivates me.

Have a good day all:-)
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    Hey, I need someone to keep me motivated and someone that I can keep motivated! Really want to lose this weight!
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Nice to see everybody. I am looking for motivating friendly friends to chat about our fitness challenges
  • mismax
    mismax Posts: 16
    Options
    Butjuli, I'm Max. Reading your post was like looking into a mirror! I have the need for someone to connect with, who understands the struggle to keep on the fitness track. Some days I eat and exercise well, others I'm just all over the place! I hope we can motivate each other.
  • Hoswife
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Please feel free to message me or friend me. I will do the same. Thanks :)
  • TaraStingray
    Options
    Buddies wanted...haha. I really need motivation. It seem like I'm the only one in my life really trying to get healthier. (Except my friend Jessy, she turned me on to MFP) Needless to say I lack focus and really have no idea what I'm doing. Would be happy to find a few friends to stay motivated and focused with. Add me as a friend and lets compare notes!!!!
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Need a buddy to motivate me to stick to it. While I do not need to loose an excessive amount of weight I still need to loose 20 pounds and enjoy the healthy lifestyle
  • tjohnstone515
    Options
    Hey Everyone. Kind of new to the site. Looking for a Fitness buddy. Someone to keep me on track but also talk to about the struggles of weight lose. I am 25 year old mother of 2. Working and going to school. I am very busy.
    Please help me...
    Tanya
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    im 20 i have a daughter under 1 and have no motivation im always watching her so between finding time and motivation to excercise it sodnt get done i used to excercise when i was alone with her when her father worked cuz i hate doing it infront of people it makes me feel weired so i have no privacy to do anything the best i get is a walk to and from the store which take 30 min total. the other issue i have is we dont live alone so i dont cook someone else dose so i cant make it healthy all the time plus trying to measure family style is verry diffacult.

So anyway im looking for someone to help keep me motivated and to challenge me ive joined groups in the past that done keep regular chalanges so i would like a partner to challenge me and compeet with

and just in general i done own any equitment or videos or a scale well i have a food scale and there arnt any stares to run up and down ither so work out ideas are apreciated as well
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    oh and anyone can add me when im able to get on here i coment alot even if u dont want to be a buddy