Recipes

Options
Kamalalue
Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
I made Chipotle Chicken Meatballs last night for dinner, they were fantastic!!! I thought that I would share the recipe:

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/budget-recipes/chipotle-chicken-meatballs

The recipe was a little more complicated than I had originally thought, but they were sooo filling! I loved all the veggies and how fresh the slaw was...

The recipe states that it makes 4 servings, which equals two soft shells - It worked out to be 719 calories for one serving.

Next time, I will probably have 1/2 a serving for 358 calories, with some fruit.

Enjoy!

Katie (Kamalalue)

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm really having fun experimenting with the spices in my cupboard.
    Last night I baked chicken in the oven, first drizzled with lemon juice and last nights spice selection was dill, summer savory and allspice.
    last week it was paprika, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and chipotle... man when somethings spicy you KNOW you're eating it, slowed me down a bit :P
    Oh and the week before it was lemon juice, ginger powder and fresh cracked pepper.

Mix it up! Try something new in that cupboard!
  • Kamalalue
    Options
    I am always tenative with spices.. just because I am afraid that it is going to make food un-eatable...LOL

I will have to try some of the spice combinations that you shared.

Tonight I am making Italian Rigatoni... I think I am going to heat it up! I like the idea of having to slow down and focus on what I am eating. (Plus, it will help to increase my water intake!) : )
  • Pandorian
    Options
    my omelets get paprika and cayenne pepper and red chili pepper flakes

or cinnamon and a dash of vanilla

cheese for them tends to be old cheese for the extra taste.

Just grab something from the spice cupboard, it has totally replaced my added salt.
  • lyndsiweise
    Options
    Just made homemade black bean Turkey Chili :) YUM!

I love Grilled Chicken, Grilled Veggies, homemade baked sweet potato fries, butternut squash fries.

one of my favorite- if you love chicken salad- I've been mixing chicken (grilled) with diced cucumbers, diced tomato, red onion, and 2 TBSP of Hummus and a little diced avocado. You can put in a whole grain tortilla (50-60 cal) or just eat plain as is. Another protein you can replace the chicken with is egg whites, hard boiled. Sometimes when I dont want meat I do that.

I also love quinoa! Flank Steak grilled. Asparagus.

These are just lunch/dinner ideas ;)
  • Kamalalue
    Options
    lyndsiweise -

How do you cook quinoa? what does it taste like? I have had an interest in trying it, but was not sure how it should be prepared.
  • Kamalalue
    Options
    Oops! I forgot to ask - Could you please post your recipe for Turkey Chili?
  • Pandorian
    Options
    quinoa is ...
    Quinoa has a light, fluffy texture when cooked, and its mild, slightly nutty flavor makes it an alternative to white rice or couscous.

which means I cook it just like I do rice... 2 cups of water to 1 cup quinoa and let it run

I add it to my Aztec blend... which is
    Ingredients -
    Colusari red rice, long grain brown rice, split peas, amaranth.

Cook it in a rice cooker or a slow cooker and enjoy it.
  • Kamalalue
    Options
    Pandorian - That sounds incredible! (Your Aztec Blend).

I will have to try that! (And buy a rice cooker...lol)
  • Pandorian
    Options
    I'm ditching the rice cooker actually :P my slow cooker does it all and it's that much less clutter via "instruments" in the kitchen
  • lyndsiweise
    Options
    Quinoa- I take 2 Cups Water- Boil it with 1 Cup Quinoa in it. Once it hits boil, you reduce to simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the quinoa absorbs all the water!

I'm still playing with spices in it :)

Turkey Black Bean Chili:

Ground Turkey 3lbs, 2 Cans Organic Black Beans, Diced onion, diced peppers, a little bit jalapeno- if you want some heat, brown the meat up with the diced onion for flavor.... geez my husband makes it so ummm now for spices..hehe.
    Garlic, Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt/Pepper to taste, possibly paprika!
  • calgurl855
    Options
    For dinner tonight I made lemon chicken cordon bleu, it was Delicious. I used Ms. Dash seasoning. Here is the link for the recipe http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/14/the-easiest-lemon-chicken-cordon-bleu/. It shows step by step directions and pictures :happy: