Carbohydrates!

Options
Carbohydrates- a dirty, dirty, evil word!

I'm so confused. How many calories do you all consume?

Replies

• mattie733
    Options
    I consume a lot but limit the carbs. a new things I'm trying I never realized how much carbs a person consumes without really realizing it. Well at least I didn't. :(
  • starrynigh8
    starrynigh8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1300-1400 calories a day. Right now I am trying to limit my carbs, but I am slowly easing myself into that. I don't do well when I try to cut foods out totally or severely limit various foods suddenly. I just end up binge eating when I get frustrated and then I end up back at square one....which is not at all what I want.
  • jenuhfur
    Options
    I'm starting to eat healthy again tomorrow. 1200 calories, with 100g of carbs for now. I'm going to miss carbs :(.
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I normally eat 1500-1600 cals a day, with 120-140 g coming from complex carbs, I do believe that amount keeps me satisfied all day =)
  • sweetsue70443
    sweetsue70443 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! Carbs are in everything!!!

I am trying to link good carbs to proteins and it always seems like I am top heavy on the carbs.
  • lexif14
    Options
    I do about 1200 calories per day (with a max of 165g of carbs per day) I usually have one to two days a week when i will eat a higher carb meal like pasta but the rest of the week its all salads and veges with a small amount of meat.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I'm eating 1700 calories which is what my MFP has as "recommended". I do try to limit my carbs though. I don't follow what MFP says... I usually always go over on protein and fat and it seems to be working. I have lost about 20 lbs since October.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im doing 1200-1300 calories and aruond 60g carbs..
  • katiebp25
    katiebp25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you count regular carbs or net carbs?
  • lmustoe
    lmustoe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ya know I give up on giving up carbs lol. I just try to get most of them from fruits and veggies. But I bake my own wheat bread from scratch and I buy 80 calorie mini pitas, also make my own wheat noodle for spagetti and stuff. I limit bread and pasta but don't get rid of it. Also it helps me when my husband is away everyother week at work because during that time I don't eat meat. So I get my protien from beans which are high in carbs but I think since its natural its ok. Maybe I'm just fooling myself lol.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200-1600 calories per day, and about 200-230 grams of carbs per day. I'm vegan, so the majority of the foods I eat are high carb anyway. We'll see how this affects my weight loss goals.
  • anothercolleen
    anothercolleen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After I was diagnosed I went to a dietician based on my endo's recommendation. I have a ton to lose. Based on my weight, I aim for 1900 calories (my range was 1775-2030). She told me +/- 250 calories will result in +/- 1/2 pound a week.

I've been a carb addict my whole life so I was worried she would say no more bagels for breakfast. But that wasn't the case. She gave me a range of 210-230 carbs daily.

These goals and MFP have been a huge help. I've learned that I have to bring my lunch to work because most of the offerings nearby are horrible for me. Even those not high in calories or carbs were loaded with salt.

So far it is working. I think its easier in summer since it's hot out (less likely to be hungry) and there's a ton of fresh veggies and fruits available.
  • Tots77
    Tots77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200-1500 calories a day. My PCOS Dr really wants me to have only 40-50g of carbs a day. That is almost impossible for me, so the compromise I have made is to count the simple carbs/ net carbs but not focus on the carbs from fruits or veggies because those are healthy. I found a bread from Julian's Bakery (www.julianbakery.com/ ) that has only 2net carbs. Not that bad, but really isn't for anything else but toast.
  • Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I consume between 1500-1700 calories a day and net about 220+ carbs a day. I'm half Asian so rice is a necessary food group.
  • atrjohnson
    atrjohnson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I consume anywhere from 2200-2600 calories per day. The DR wants me at 1976. I try to come in at less than 100 per day but that is extremely hard for me. The Dr wants me at less than 100.
  • nysgyrl
    nysgyrl Posts: 18
    Options
    I consume 1200 to 1600 calories a day. My endocrinologist says that I take ten % of that amount of calories I eat and that should be how many grams of carbs I consume so I shot to have my carbs under 160 g.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 calories and try to stay under 100g of carbs. So far it has been working well for me. I have been off track for a few weeks but trying to start back full force this week.

You just need to find what works for you!