Coffee Drinkers

Options
bed2883
bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
Hey all -

I drink one or two cups of the coffee in the morning and I always use 3-4 TB creamer because I can't stand the taste of black coffee. Those creamer calories add up quickly! I've tried to add only 1-2, but then the coffee tastes too strong. What do you use to sweeten your coffee?

~Becca

Replies

• MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Becca, I'll use skim milk (or2%) and stevia. It's a natural sweetner that doesn't spike your insulin and has 0 calories. What I'm finding though, is that I need less and less of the sweetner as I change my habits. Your coffee may be extra bitter too, try using a few less grounds in your brew or getting a bean that isn't as burnt... Costco has a good kind in a giant silver pouch, sorry, don't remember the name. I use one of 2 local roasters, Mocha Moose or Raven's Brew. BEST in the world in my opinion is ThreePeckerBillyGoat by Raven's Brew. It's almost like drinking dark chocolate and berries. LOVE!!! Plus, it's kinda fun to say the name. Teeehee.

Sierra
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about using milk instead of creamer. I use K-cups at home, a light roast.
  • skinnybitch0178
    skinnybitch0178 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a Nurse....so of course I LOVE my coffee. I slowly went from half and half to skim milk to unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It really tastes good in coffee. That is my weekend treat, through the week I drink it black with a Splenda, Stevia or flavored Stevia. No calories and it adds the flavor to cover up the bitterness. Believe me....if I can do it anyone can...lol. The falored Stevia I found was at Whole Foods but you can order it online too. My favorite was the Vanilla Creme. Good Luck!!!